Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-20-2003, 03:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ben Carufel
Mein Auto: BMW Motorcycles
Just joined -- Quick Introduction...

Hey guys,

I just joined Bimmerfest (finally) after seeing enough links from Bimmerforums. I've got a touch over 3500 posts over there in the past year.

I sold my mint condition, 215,000 mile 1989 325i yesterday. A Bimmerforums member (not sure if he's registered on Bimmerfest) from Minnesota flew down here (I'm in San Diego) to buy it and drive it back.

I decided a few weeks ago (before I decided to sell my E30) to buy an M Coupe...so please, if you guys would, keep your eyes open for Imola or Estoril Blue M Coupes for sale. S52 only...

Thanks! I look forward to getting a lot of useful info from Bimmerfest...

P.S. Ron, you won't remember, but I emailed you about a month ago about replacing my UUC SSK in the E30 with one of yours -- I guess I solved that problem, hmm?
Ads by Google
Old 07-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Investigative Tinkerer

Mein Auto: ///Motorized Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Carufel
P.S. Ron, you won't remember, but I emailed you about a month ago about replacing my UUC SSK in the E30 with one of yours -- I guess I solved that problem, hmm?
Hi Ben,
Welcome to Bimmerfest!
If you want to put a shortened shifter in your (soon to be) M Coupe, drop me a line.
I have been making the Ron Stygar Pattern Shortened Shift Lever for the 2.8, 3.0 Z3s and M Coupe/Rdstr (Ron still does all the other cars).

Randy Forbes
1957 Austin-Healey 100/6 Wine Red
1961 McCulloch R1 go-kart Screaming Yellow
1995///M3 Coupe Dakar Yellow Eurosport Twinscrew S/C
1999///M Rdstr Cosmos Black Eurosport Twinscrew S/C
1999///M Coupe Estoril Blue Eurosport Twinscrew S/C
2001///M Rdstr Steel Gray
2011 X5 35i Sport Deep Sea Blue/Cinnamon
Old 07-20-2003, 04:13 PM

Will do, thanks Randy. I've seen your posting here...

The UUC SSK in my E30 was, without pulling punches, a piece of ****. Notchy, and long. I drove a Z3 1.9 a few weeks before deciding to sell my E30 and couldn't get enough of that shifter, so I emailed Ron, but didn't get around to purchasing before I got around to selling .

FWIW my E30 was an ex-Jim Powell car. I bought it in August of 2002...and it sold on Bimmerforums last weekend within 15 hours.
Old 07-20-2003, 04:18 PM
^yup, it's me^

Mein Auto: Teilsortierfachentdeckung
Hi Ben, welcome to the board and congrats on the new Z3. You will find this to be a nice place, and I think we will be lucky to have you here.

Curator of the Museum of Unfinished Projects

Old 07-20-2003, 09:00 PM
SCCA H.A.C.K.

Mein Auto: '00 M coupe/'95 M3
Glad to have you here

Welcome to the board, Ben. If you don't regularly participate in the BMWCCA autox events, you might be interested in dropping by Qualcomm on August 2nd and checking it out. You have to be a BMWCCA member to participate, but that membership brings a number of other benefits as well.

We'll be running the Southeast lot and I know at least two drivers will be driving an M coupe... but that's just me and my co-driver, Karl. He's a BMWCCA instructor and would gladly take you out for a lap if you have any interest.

Mike

PS Link to the beastie at the SCCA website... http://www.scca.org/news/images/solo03-c.jpg
Old 07-20-2003, 09:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nick325xiT 5spd Send a message via AIM to Nick325xiT 5spd Send a message via Yahoo to Nick325xiT 5spd
Mein Auto: M3 & 323i/999 KP
Welcome, welcome.
1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
1989 325is S50B30US Alpinweiß/Black
1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black S50B32 (321hp, ITBs)

Old 07-20-2003, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S
Welcome to the board, Ben. If you don't regularly participate in the BMWCCA autox events, you might be interested in dropping by Qualcomm on August 2nd and checking it out. You have to be a BMWCCA member to participate, but that membership brings a number of other benefits as well.

We'll be running the Southeast lot and I know at least two drivers will be driving an M coupe... but that's just me and my co-driver, Karl. He's a BMWCCA instructor and would gladly take you out for a lap if you have any interest.

Mike

PS Link to the beastie at the SCCA website... http://www.scca.org/news/images/solo03-c.jpg
Hey, thanks Mike! I've been doing a few club events -- my work schedule has me traveling quite a bit, but I was at the Clean Car Contest (I entered Super Clean...*gulp*...) and I ran at the May autocross. That was my first autocross, and I ran a 102.xxx in all three of my timed runs in the 325i. I had a 96.xxx in my last practice run, with two cones. My car is/was going to be a Randy Walters clone -- I had just purchased a 325iS rear decklid lip spoiler and a set of Ronal LS's before I sold her.

Anyhow, I know Drew Ziegelbauer has an M Coupe, but I don't know any of the other members who have them. I think there are what, five M Coupes that autocross regularly?

I'll be out of town for the August autocross, and I'm working in Italy in September and Spain in October (first two weeks of each month) so assuming I find the right M Coupe by then I probably won't make the next autocross after August's anyhow.

Thanks for the welcome! I'd be interested in hearing more about your car!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: //M Coupes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Carufel
The UUC SSK in my E30 was, without pulling punches, a piece of ****.
Well, Ben, you are off to a good start in this crowd.

Welcome aboard!
Definitely get with Randy for the shifter and Ron for the console with Delrin inserts, among about 1000 other things. Go ahead and send him your checkbook now. Actually, the LeatherZ guys will want part of it. Perhaps you could just start a trust fund for Randy, LZ, and Ron to share?

Good luck finding the s52 of your dreams. A friend of mine is looking for one too. I'll pass on any good leads that don't satisfy is super-picky ass.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannO
Well, Ben, you are off to a good start in this crowd.

Welcome aboard!
Definitely get with Randy for the shifter and Ron for the console with Delrin inserts, among about 1000 other things. Go ahead and send him your checkbook now. Actually, the LeatherZ guys will want part of it. Perhaps you could just start a trust fund for Randy, LZ, and Ron to share?

Good luck finding the s52 of your dreams. A friend of mine is looking for one too. I'll pass on any good leads that don't satisfy is super-picky ass.
Thanks Danno! Have two promising leads on Estoril M Coupes to pursue tomorrow...hopefully one will pan out.

So lets see...Ron, LeatherZ, and Randy each need a third eh? Sounds doable...seeing as how I've got so much extra green laying around .

Danno, do you still have any parts from the car you dissected for sale?