Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Mike S Mike S is offline
SCCA H.A.C.K.
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 247
Mein Auto: '00 M coupe/'95 M3
Pulley part numbers?

If anyone has a parts CD available, I'd love to know the part numbers it identifies for the various pulleys on the front of an S52 (alright, alright... S50usB32) motor. In particular I'm planning to replace the sealed bearing pulleys, not the crank- or accessory-mounted ones.

Last time I did this, the dealer ordered the wrong parts - twice! I'm hoping to avoid the conflict. I really shoulda noted the correct parts when they finally got them right...

Thanks,

Mike
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 07-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Ron Stygar's Avatar
Ron Stygar Ron Stygar is offline
19,585 Miles
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 11,143
Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S
If anyone has a parts CD available, I'd love to know the part numbers it identifies for the various pulleys on the front of an S52 (alright, alright... S50usB32) motor. In particular I'm planning to replace the sealed bearing pulleys, not the crank- or accessory-mounted ones.
What car is the S50 motor in? Are you talking about the two ribbed belt pullies?
If so, 11 28 1 748 130/131.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Mike S Mike S is offline
SCCA H.A.C.K.
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 247
Mein Auto: '00 M coupe/'95 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Stygar
What car is the S50 motor in? Are you talking about the two ribbed belt pullies?
If so, 11 28 1 748 130/131.
'00 M coupe. I seem to recall there were three pulleys to replace - two on the upper driver's side and one on the lower passenger side.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-22-2003, 12:49 PM
DannO's Avatar
DannO DannO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 636
Mein Auto: //M Coupes
There is a pulley on the alternator, the water pump, the a/c compressor, power steering pump, and 2 on the crank - one on the dampener and the one for the a/c compressor in front of that.

If you are looking for stock replacement parts I have a set for sale that includes everything but the main crank pulley.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-22-2003, 02:27 PM
Mike S Mike S is offline
SCCA H.A.C.K.
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 247
Mein Auto: '00 M coupe/'95 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannO
There is a pulley on the alternator, the water pump, the a/c compressor, power steering pump, and 2 on the crank - one on the dampener and the one for the a/c compressor in front of that.

If you are looking for stock replacement parts I have a set for sale that includes everything but the main crank pulley.
Thanks Danno, but I just need the part numbers for the three small pulleys I mentioned, not the accessory drive pulleys. I plan to replace them on two coupes this weekend if I can get the right parts.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-22-2003, 05:49 PM
DannO's Avatar
DannO DannO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 636
Mein Auto: //M Coupes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S
Thanks Danno, but I just need the part numbers for the three small pulleys I mentioned, not the accessory drive pulleys. I plan to replace them on two coupes this weekend if I can get the right parts.
Note to self... read post before replying. I guess I don't know which pulleys you are referring to by "sealed bearing pulleys." I can help with the part numbers if you can clarify.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Mike S Mike S is offline
SCCA H.A.C.K.
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 247
Mein Auto: '00 M coupe/'95 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannO
Note to self... read post before replying. I guess I don't know which pulleys you are referring to by "sealed bearing pulleys." I can help with the part numbers if you can clarify.
The term "idler pulley" comes to mind. There are three pulleys - one is a belt tensioner - in addition to the accessory pulleys on the S52 (not the correct designation, BTW, but everyone here refers to it by that name). These pulleys each have a sealed bearing that, in my experience, becomes quite sloppy and noisy within 20K miles. I'm 30K miles into my current set and the car sounds like an old sewing machine, so I'd like to replace them.

If I find out the correct part numbers, I'll post them for the board.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Ron Stygar's Avatar
Ron Stygar Ron Stygar is offline
19,585 Miles
Location: CT
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 11,143
Mein Auto: Z4 M Coupe 6LL93033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S

If I find out the correct part numbers, I'll post them for the board.

Mike
I posted numbers for two of them. Not sure what pulley the third one you are refering to is.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-23-2003, 08:57 AM
DannO's Avatar
DannO DannO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orlando, FL
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 636
Mein Auto: //M Coupes


Ron got it right:
A = 11 28 1 748 131
B = 11 28 1 748 130

There are 2 A's - one is on the A/C.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms