Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Forced Induction

Forced Induction
Aftermarket superchargers & turbos as well as tuning for stock BMW turbos (N54 motor - 135i / 335i / 535i). Force-fed discussion to make your car go faster

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '15 M3 DCT; '14 Stingray
Dinan Stage II: any credible reports of failure?

I've had Dinan Stage II in my E93 for about 20K miles now and love it. Have been watching blogs and listening to the jungle drums for reports of engine problems or failures from this tune; have heard of none; have searched also. Still, the question...

Has anyone a report of an engine failure or problem attributable to the Dinan Stage II tune in an N54 engine?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Skjoni's Dad

Mein Auto: 335i
I am curious about this as well. I have an '08 335i, and considered Dinan 2. I don't race or anything, I just like a torquey drive. Is it worth it for someone like me to get tuned, or is it more for tracking your car?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: '15 M3 DCT; '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
I am curious about this as well. I have an '08 335i, and considered Dinan 2. I don't race or anything, I just like a torquey drive. Is it worth it for someone like me to get tuned, or is it more for tracking your car?
IMHO, is good for normal driving. Above 3000 rpm, it just plain hauls. Sounds good too. YMMV.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335I Dinan Stage 2
335i Dinan Stage 2

I've had a stage 2 ECU flash ans have had ZERO issues with the car!!!1 I'm looking into- possible adding an exhaut, however I woud like to hear a 335 with the catback in place at idle, cruise and awot.... This is my daily driver and i don't want it too aggressive at cruise speeds, howevr when i punch it, i dont care how loud it is.... I have my weekend "toy" Twin turbo Z06 making 600-640 rwhp and it's loud at cruise and you can hear Sxxt on the phone at wot- if fact it's a hand full with my full attention, let alone on the phone with onr hand or via bluetooth.

anyone have a sound clip of a 335 with the Dinan exhaut???? I would be very intrested. I'm also looking into adding a cold air intake, maybe first and see how that works. Car runs great with 385hp/425tq at crank and it's much fast than stock. I would recommend a stage 2, anytime!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:45 PM
*rh Cdrh*

Mein Auto: 08 M5 e36 M3 gt40 877hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber ducky View Post
imho, is good for normal driving. Above 3000 rpm, it just plain hauls. Sounds good too. Ymmv.
+1

****************** __________________------====http://bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)====--------__________________
Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: Turbo BMWs
Generally these motors are very reliable. It's the little things that break, like fuel pumps and fuel injectors. On stock and modified cars alike.
BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Mein Auto: Dinan3 coupe
I have stage 3 Dinan flash the power is great, especially in hot weather stage 3 is much better than stage 2 I had . I did have 2 engine faults but the dealer and dinan checked it out and i'm told that sometimes happens all you do is turn off the engine and it re sets itself.
Now I'M waiting for dinan's air intake system its gives you 15hp more.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: Supercharged E39 540i
Go for it man, its always nice to have some extra power no matter if you race or not.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to turpiwa
Mein Auto: E93 M3 Convertible
For those who have the Stage 2 Dinan - is it on a 2009? Did you have to send something off to Dinan to be flashed?
What was this process?
How long did it take - end to end?

Thanks
MY ED 2005 WRITEUP
EUROPEAN DELIVERY PICTURES (albums are in reverse order - sorry). NO NEED TO SIGN IN -beware - there's lots