Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Performance Center Delivery

Performance Center Delivery
Are you interested in picking up your new BMW at the Performance Delivery Center in beautiful South Carolina? Get all your questions about picking up your car answered here by staff from the Performance Delivery Center and other members who have already had the experience! ... View the PDC Wiki -- View the Delivery Date Calendar -- Add Your Delivery Date to the Calendar

Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Question ED+PCD questions

Hello All:

I have been reading around for a while, been a verry long time lurker in the forums and recently joined the forum and been researching..

So, I had decided doing an ED.. and then I heard about the PCD and I could combine ED+PCD. I know there are long wait times involved, roughly 6-8 weeks from the day I drop off the car in Germany (4-6 weeks in transit and roughly 2 weeks based on availability of slots @ the centre).

My questions are:

1. Let's say, I did PCD with a CA who is not in my state, did my ED, dropped off the car, the car is stateside today and there are no slots available for the next 3-4 weeks. I don't want to wait that long:

i) Can I get the car without doing PCD now? - I have read somebody post that we can get the car at a dealership, but just want to be sure.

ii) If above is yes: Since I did not do the PCD with a local CA, am I forced to get delivery with the dealership to which my CA belongs? - that would mean I will have to travel to that dealer (in another state) and make arrangements to transport/drive my car back to my home.

iii) Or, can I get the car delivered to the dealer close to my home? If I can get it to a dealer close to my home, will there be requirement of any $$ being exchanged for them to take delivery of my car and handing over to me - esp when they did not make the deal?

2. When doing PCD and working with an out-of-state dealership, will I every be required to meet the CA in person? Or can everything be done over the phone/email/fax, etc? (I think it is closely related to ask-a-dealer forum, but its also about PCD.. so... )

3. I know that when you lease/finance, you don't pay for the time that the car spends on the ship - BMWFS covers that. But what happens when my car is stateside, but there are no slots at PCD? Am I paying for the car while it is sitting at the port/unavailable for PCD pickup? Or is it BMWFS paying?

Just want to add that I love the idea of PCD and really look forward to it, but I don't know if I will be contain myself knowing that my car has reached stateside and recalling how awesome the car felt a few weeks back. I might just want to give into the temptation and skip PCD.. if its keeping me away from my baby... I know I can get impatient at times..

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Crzy'boutBimmer; 12-19-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: '07 750i BMW; '03 Z4 BMW
These are excellent questions to ask the dealer you want to use.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM

just posted this in the ask-a-dealer section. I haven't yet decided on the dealer so hope to get some valuable responses. Thanks for your input
Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzy'boutBimmer View Post
Hello All:

I have been reading around for a while, been a verry long time lurker in the forums and recently joined the forum and been researching..

So, I had decided doing an ED.. and then I heard about the PCD and I could combine ED+PCD. I know there are long wait times involved, roughly 6-8 weeks from the day I drop off the car in Germany (4-6 weeks in transit and roughly 2 weeks based on availability of slots @ the centre).

My questions are:

1. Let's say, I did PCD with a CA who is not in my state, did my ED, dropped off the car, the car is stateside today and there are no slots available for the next 3-4 weeks. I don't want to wait that long:

i) Can I get the car without doing PCD now? - I have read somebody post that we can get the car at a dealership, but just want to be sure.

ii) If above is yes: Since I did not do the PCD with a local CA, am I forced to get delivery with the dealership to which my CA belongs? - that would mean I will have to travel to that dealer (in another state) and make arrangements to transport/drive my car back to my home.

iii) Or, can I get the car delivered to the dealer close to my home? If I can get it to a dealer close to my home, will there be requirement of any $$ being exchanged for them to take delivery of my car and handing over to me - esp when they did not make the deal?

2. When doing PCD and working with an out-of-state dealership, will I every be required to meet the CA in person? Or can everything be done over the phone/email/fax, etc? (I think it is closely related to ask-a-dealer forum, but its also about PCD.. so... )

3. I know that when you lease/finance, you don't pay for the time that the car spends on the ship - BMWFS covers that. But what happens when my car is stateside, but there are no slots at PCD? Am I paying for the car while it is sitting at the port/unavailable for PCD pickup? Or is it BMWFS paying?

Just want to add that I love the idea of PCD and really look forward to it, but I don't know if I will be contain myself knowing that my car has reached stateside and recalling how awesome the car felt a few weeks back. I might just want to give into the temptation and skip PCD.. if its keeping me away from my baby... I know I can get impatient at times..

Thanks in advance!!
i) I don't know
ii) The car will be delivered to the selling dealer. You can pick it up there,or
iii) Some dealers will do a courtesy delivery, shipping the car from the selling dealer to your local dealer. Search for courtesy delivery for more info

2. You can do the whole deal over the Internet/phone.

3. Bmwfs makes a set number (one? two?) of lease payments to cover your transit time. After that, you're on your own.
1998 Z3 2.8L retired
Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 AM

The Other Tom: Thanks for your answers.
3. Is this applicable to lease as well as finance or only lease? Would you know?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM
BMW4ME

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 135i M Sport
How to track and trace

Getting PCD on February 15 of an X1. It was in Bremerhaven on 12/18 according to My BMW on BMWUSA, but I don't have a website to track and trace what ship it is on. The website I had www.2wglobal.com comes up with no records found when I put in the VIN# or Production #. Any ideas? Thanks. Anxiously awaiting.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Scheiße!!!

Mein Auto: E30 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Alt View Post
Getting PCD on February 15 of an X1. It was in Bremerhaven on 12/18 according to My BMW on BMWUSA, but I don't have a website to track and trace what ship it is on. The website I had www.2wglobal.com comes up with no records found when I put in the VIN# or Production #. Any ideas? Thanks. Anxiously awaiting.
try the last 7 of the VIN. When did you drop off? I'm assuming you did ED also. My X1 will be arriving on Jan 11 in Brunswick, and I dropped off on Dec 17.

I haven't received a PCD date

1989 M3
1999 323iC
2005 330i ZHP
2014 328d xDrive Sports Wagon (ED 7/'14)
2013 X1 sDrive28i

Retired
2013 X5 xDrive35d
2012 128i
2009 MINI Cooper
2010 128i
2006 330i
2004 325i
1991 325i
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
BMW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by afshawnt View Post
try the last 7 of the VIN. When did you drop off? I'm assuming you did ED also. My X1 will be arriving on Jan 11 in Brunswick, and I dropped off on Dec 17.

I haven't received a PCD date
Hi, neighbor, I'm in Parkland just down the road from Boca. Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried the last 7 digits of the VIN # and still no records found. Congratulations on doing ED. I did not do ED this time, but have with 3 other cars in the past. Just doing Performance Center delivery with the X1. What website are you using to get details on where your car is so you can track it?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Scheiße!!!

Mein Auto: E30 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Alt View Post
Hi, neighbor, I'm in Parkland just down the road from Boca. Thanks for your suggestion. I just tried the last 7 digits of the VIN # and still no records found. Congratulations on doing ED. I did not do ED this time, but have with 3 other cars in the past. Just doing Performance Center delivery with the X1. What website are you using to get details on where your car is so you can track it?
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

1989 M3
1999 323iC
2005 330i ZHP
2014 328d xDrive Sports Wagon (ED 7/'14)
2013 X1 sDrive28i

Retired
2013 X5 xDrive35d
2012 128i
2009 MINI Cooper
2010 128i
2006 330i
2004 325i
1991 325i
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM
BMW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by afshawnt View Post
Thank you very much. Enjoy your new BMW. Maybe I will see it around South Florida.