Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Jayhawk

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Z4/Z8 interiors

I was just reading an old post in which Jayhox engaged in a pretty lively discusssion with a few Z4 critics:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...threadid=33472

The following link has a couple of pics down the page that show the Z8 and Z4 interiors next to each other. What do you think about changing the Z4 instrument cluster to look like the cluster of Z8? (moved in front of the steering wheel where the current pod is)

http://www.edoghouse.com/cbishop/11_10_02/index.htm

I am not a fan of the new Bangled instrument clusters in the Z4, 5-series and 7-series because I think they are choppy. I prefer flowing lines instead of the harsh lines of the newer BMWs.

Just my $0.02
Old 07-24-2003, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: 01 Mc, 08 M3, Motorrad x2
I like the tunnels used on the Z4 instrument cluster. Anything else would look out of place or not commensurate with the rest of the styling.

14 S1000R | 09 F650GS | 08 E90 M3 | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe
Old 07-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU Ned
I am not a fan of the new Bangled instrument clusters in the Z4, 5-series and 7-series because I think they are choppy. I prefer flowing lines instead of the harsh lines of the newer BMWs.
I guess in a few weeks you will get to see for yourself how much you like the Z4 instrument cluster!

I actually think is is very clean and clear in its final form. It is a radical change in aesthetics from traditional BMW clusters, but everything is still basically in the same place, it is just divided between two pods. I am just glad I don't have to be distracted by the USELESS mpg guage like is in the E46 ZHP!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhox
I guess in a few weeks you will get to see for yourself how much you like the Z4 instrument cluster!
That's right, from the driver's seat in an extremely twisty canyon or two!

Quote:
I am just glad I don't have to be distracted by the USELESS mpg guage like is in the E46 ZHP!
Hey you are not in Kansas anymore. Check your driver's license, it says California. You are now obliged to carefully monitor your fuel consumption and milege. I think is is California law that you must hug one tree for every gallon of gas you use!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU Ned
That's right, from the driver's seat in an extremely twisty canyon or two!

I think is is California law that you must hug one tree for every gallon of gas you use!
"Driver's seat"??????? Whoever said that. Rumor has it you are going to be doing some very high-speed driving this weekend. I don't want a maniac driving my car! Well, that is if you have the skills to hold off say, oh, maybe a C32 AMG . . . .

Mileage - Funny you mention that. I have noticed that I am getting about 7 mpg fewer than I was getting when I had the 325Ci. Must have something to do with HOW DAMNED FUN the Z4 is with the 6-speed manual!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Jayhawk

Quote:
"Driver's seat"??????? Whoever said that. Rumor has it you are going to be doing some very high-speed driving this weekend. I don't want a maniac driving my car!
I will definately be doing some high speed driving this weekend. Wish you were here (with roll cage, 5pt and arm retension)

Quote:
Well, that is if you have the skills to hold off say, oh, maybe a C32 AMG . . . .
Not much skill needed to keep of THAT C32 in the corners. I just wish I had the 350hp!
Old 07-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Butting back in

Mein Auto: GS500F
Quote:
USELESS mpg guage
Those things are weapons of mass distraction.