Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 04-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Replacing hood/trunk roundel emblem

I have a 2006 X3, and I'm wanting to replace the rear emblem roundel with a carbon fiber emblem. I have already replaced the hood emblem with the carbon fiber emblem and also placed a carbon fiber emblem sticker over the steering wheel emblem....

I'm having trouble finding a replacement for the rear emblem roundel, as it is much larger. The X3 rear emblem roundel is a bigger unit and is set or placed in a mold...

Does anyone know where I can find a rear carbon fiber emblem roundel for a 2006 X3? Or even a carbon fiber sticker I can place on top of the rear roundel?

...let me know if you need pics to help explain the difference in the rear roundel.
Ads by Google
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 AM

Anyone have an update? Still trying to find the rear emblem roundel (carbon fiber)....but no luck
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 X3 2.5i 5AT
I've found a rear X3 emblem but no roundel. Oh well.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Don't mean to seem rude but it took me all of 10 seconds to find too many sites to list for roundels of every shape size and color.

Googled: BMW roundels
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Aficionado

Mein Auto: '05 X3, '95 M3, '89 MkI
http://www.vertexracing.com/category.php?cid=241
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Spineguy

Mein Auto: 2006 x3
rear roundel

I don't think you will find a true trunk roundel for the X3. I replaced mine with a set of "hood and trunk" roundel set and the two pieces I bought were identical. The trunk roundel is larger and one piece. It is attached to the car with a foam adhesive strip that can be removed by using a hair dryer to warm it up and then inserting a credit card between the foam and the roundel so you can then insert a screwdriver between credit card and roundel to lever it off. I cut the pegs off of the new roundel and sanded the back down as thin as I could and epoxied it on top of the trunk roundel. I think it looks pretty good, but to each his own.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:06 AM

Thanks Evlengr for your help....I understand there are plenty of emblems out there for BMWs but as mentioned in my first post the rear emblem roundel is much larger than the hood....as surgtech72@yaho just stated as well.

surgtech72@yaho, looks like I might be trying the same thing out....do you have any pics of how your's turned out? What type of adhesive did you use to place the new sanded down roundel to the trunk?

I've found a flexible sticker emblem that one could place on to the trunk roundel of this larger size: HERE

...but it's not the carbon fiber style I need to match my others.

Thanks for everyone's help....I will submit pics soon!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM

I finally got around to taking some pics of my X3....check them out...let me know what you think. The last two images are of my hood and trunk roundel emblems....as I mentioned above I'm still having a hard time finding a match for my hood roundel emblem and my trunk roundel emblem...as the trunk roundel is much larger. If anyone can help me out finding the match for the trunk, it would be much appreciated!!!

2006 BMW X3 3.0i M Sport Package
6 Speed Manual; All Wheel Drive
Black on Black

Last edited by Mersh_X3; 07-07-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Hey,
I almost ran into the problem you are currently having--not having the rear trunk emblem.

Instead of replacing the emblems themselves, I instead put color matched stickers.
I bought silver grey for my car.
I know they have carbon fiber stickers for the roundel.

For your case- you would want to purchase both the black carbon fiber sticker and the white carbon fiber sticker to get them to match your front.

I purchased mine from bimmian.com and they set came with all the necessary materials for all roundels on the car. The stickers have weathered a lot of wear and are still as new...they even have extras for replacement.
Check it out...
here is a link of what i purchased:
http://www.bimmian.com/ROU/X3

hope this helps you.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 PM

side question to original poster: are those blackline taillights or did you put a smoke tint film cover over your rear taillights?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Modern Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh_X3 View Post
I finally got around to taking some pics of my X3....check them out...let me know what you think...
Ali'G would look at those pics and say "WICKEHD"

But I agree. That rear roundel needs changing. All I can suggest is searching BMW roundel on the web...

F30 328i Modern Line
E83 X3 2.0d

Retired: '07 X3 3.0d M-Sport - '04 X3 2.5i Sportpack - '99 328i E46 - '93 325i E36
Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Spineguy

Mein Auto: 2006 x3
rear roundel

Mersh,

first of all, your car looks great. I apologize for not posting a reply sooner, but here are some pics of the rear roundel I put on my '06. Like I said earlier, I received 2 hood roundels and sanded the pegs of one of them and used epoxy to glue it on top of the existing trunk roundel. Any epoxy for plastics should work fine. I am posting some pics to show you how it looks on my car.

good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	192535   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	192536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	192537  
Old 07-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jis487 View Post
Hey,
I almost ran into the problem you are currently having--not having the rear trunk emblem.

Instead of replacing the emblems themselves, I instead put color matched stickers.
I bought silver grey for my car.
I know they have carbon fiber stickers for the roundel.

For your case- you would want to purchase both the black carbon fiber sticker and the white carbon fiber sticker to get them to match your front.

I purchased mine from bimmian.com and they set came with all the necessary materials for all roundels on the car. The stickers have weathered a lot of wear and are still as new...they even have extras for replacement.
Check it out...
here is a link of what i purchased:
http://www.bimmian.com/ROU/X3

hope this helps you.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm definitely going to try these out, this was my last option and really not sure if I'm settled on them just yet
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jis487 View Post
side question to original poster: are those blackline taillights or did you put a smoke tint film cover over your rear taillights?
I put a smoke tint film cover over them...the tint works really well (no peeling) and has held up for about a year now...even with plenty of automatic car washes
Old 07-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvdB View Post
Ali'G would look at those pics and say "WICKEHD"

But I agree. That rear roundel needs changing. All I can suggest is searching BMW roundel on the web...
Haha, thanks for the comment! I would say it's pretty WICKEHD too!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgtech72@yaho View Post
Mersh,

first of all, your car looks great. I apologize for not posting a reply sooner, but here are some pics of the rear roundel I put on my '06. Like I said earlier, I received 2 hood roundels and sanded the pegs of one of them and used epoxy to glue it on top of the existing trunk roundel. Any epoxy for plastics should work fine. I am posting some pics to show you how it looks on my car.

good luck
Thanks! No problem...I'm always busy and can never get around to posting either Thanks for the suggestion and posting the pics, I think I'm going to try this method and see how it works out....I already have a second roundel that came with my hood roundel...so I might as well use it as you did for the trunk.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 AM

Anyone know where I can find black or smoke side marker lights for an 06' X3? Again...it seems like I've looked everywhere with no luck!

I've found the style for other models HERE ....but I can't find them specifically for the X3...I really don't want to order these and find out they wont fit.

Any suggestions or help on this would be much appreciated again!

Thanks guys....you're all a great help to the addition of this fun toy
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: '03 e54 4.4i
Hey mate,

Good luck with the Roundel replacement, as I too replaced my originals with composite "non-sticker overlay" types. Definitely go with the solid replacements, and BE ACCURATE with your process for replacing the trunk lid emblem.

Protect the paint and prevent chips. I learned that on the hood, but luckily touch up paint corrected my one slip...

Best Luck
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh_X3 View Post
Anyone know where I can find black or smoke side marker lights for an 06' X3? Again...it seems like I've looked everywhere with no luck!

I've found the style for other models HERE ....but I can't find them specifically for the X3...I really don't want to order these and find out they wont fit.

Any suggestions or help on this would be much appreciated again!

Thanks guys....you're all a great help to the addition of this fun toy
Hey,
I currently am in the process of purchasing the smoked side markers as well.
I did my research and found out that the e46 smoked side markers fit on the 2006 x3...how do i know this? I had the guy confirm the part numbers and they matched....

From what I have seen on the web---You have two options from where to get the smoked side markers:
1. Stealthauto (never ordered from them)
http://stealthauto.com/Products/BMW-...HT-SM-SMK.aspx

2. An ebay posting.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...%3A1|72%3A1171

The ebay one is cheaper and they are the same type of marker. Also, the ebay seller I linked to you was the one that confirmed the part number matching.

I personally ordered the one from ebay. I will be receiving it soon and can confirm fitment if you need another confirmation. Or you can just go w/ the one from stealthauto.com

Thats just my .02 cents- Best of luck.

Last edited by jis487; 07-10-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the info. jis487! I went with the ebay side markers as well...haven't received them yet, but I'm sure they are a true fit!

I just purchased an AFE Air Intake as well...any thoughts on that?