Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 10th annual Bimmerfest show in Santa Barbara, CA will be held on May 2, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhod View Post
haha thanks bro good looking out

Miss Modena
Thanks i think i was driving side by side with you...love the pink mouldings

Smilez

haha yea i saw you guys exit and the red e46 behind you was about to get pulled over by the moto bike but luckily he didnt
Did you get any pics of me driving by any chance? I saw your passengers roll down windows with a camera once or twice.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
hey farhod heres a vid i got of you guys driving by!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Wicked Illusions

Send a message via AIM to farhod
Mein Auto: 2007 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Did you get any pics of me driving by any chance? I saw your passengers roll down windows with a camera once or twice.
ill ask my cousin he was the camera man....hes wouldnt let me upload all of his pics to my computer
Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhod View Post
ill ask my cousin he was the camera man....hes wouldnt let me upload all of his pics to my computer
Cool. Thanks man leme know.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Bimmer Addict

Mein Auto: 1997 528i
i got an expired registration ticket
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerE36freak View Post
i got an expired registration ticket
awww man that sucks i noticed when i got there mine was so im taking care of that tommro
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 AM
The original E9

Send a message via AIM to RBE9
Mein Auto: 74 3.0CS
Damn haha I saw the blacked out mfest roxxster m5 get pulled over on the exit ramp I talked to him later he said it was for tint I was suprised he was driving slower then the limit I got some picks of his m5 if I could put it up also I saw those 2 e92 white m3s also get pulled over. I saw and passed the blacked out 7 and Missmodena.

Im the one with the e9 coupe was trying to catch up to the SD caravan I wasnt to far off since I had to refill on gas.

PS Any one got videos of me in the 74 Blue e9 3.0CS ????
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBE9 View Post
Damn haha I saw the blacked out mfest roxxster m5 get pulled over on the exit ramp I talked to him later he said it was for tint I was suprised he was driving slower then the limit I got some picks of his m5 if I could put it up also I saw those 2 e92 white m3s also get pulled over. I saw and passed the blacked out 7 and Missmodena.

Im the one with the e9 coupe was trying to catch up to the SD caravan I wasnt to far off since I had to refill on gas.

PS Any one got videos of me in the 74 Blue e9 3.0CS ????
awwww man can we see some pix of your car!!! i got one pic of a silver 3.0 csl a really old classic i dont know the year though
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
I really don't understand how people get pulled over?

I have no front plate, tinted windows, and even though my registration is not expired, I've failed at putting my tags on. Going to SB and coming back I took it up to 85 mph and occasionally to 100mph..

*knocks on wood*
Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 AM
bigdaddyfatsac.com

Send a message via AIM to 04SSHD Send a message via MSN to 04SSHD Send a message via Skype™ to 04SSHD
Mein Auto: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post

I have no front plate, tinted windows, and even though my registration is not expired, I've failed at putting my tags on. Going to SB and coming back I took it up to 85 mph and occasionally to 100mph..

*knocks on wood*
well, they can't get everyone. I haven't been pulled over yet and I have a euro front plate, and tinted windows. But my car is registered out of state where a front plate not required and 20% tint is allowed.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Search Button Upper Right

Mein Auto: E36 95 325IS Black/Black
I came scary close to gettin pulled over leading Chad, Usuma, and Randy into downtown for food.

Took that sharp curved on-ramp from right infront of the chevron balls out to have a little fun and hit the freeway well into the 80's, check my rear view to see if chad and randy are behind me, i see chad, but i also see a very obvious unmarked roller... the cop came up REAL fast and squeezed in behind me (who was still in 4th and was able to quickly decel without using the brakes ((have a bake light out, so that would have been it))) and followed me for a very unnerving mile or so and then jetted off the freeway to scare some other bimmers.

Many thanks to lady luck
Bilstien PSS9's / SPC Rear Control Arms / DDM Smoked Corners, Sides, Tails / K&N FIPK2 / CXRacing All Aluminum Radiator w Aluminum Shroud and Electric Fan / Stewart Components Waterpump / Aluminum Tstat Housing / SamcoSport Coolant Hoses / Fan Delete Mod - 14" Electric Pull Fan / UBERGROUND Battery Cable / NGK Ir.IX Plugs / Royal Purple Fluids for; Engine, Differential, Transmission, Power Steering.
. SOLD
MEMBER OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE SECRET CLUB ON THE 'FEST
Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 PM
White Mexican

Mein Auto: e90 M3
The cops think of it as "Fix-it-Fest"!!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:10 PM
The original E9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
awwww man can we see some pix of your car!!! i got one pic of a silver 3.0 csl a really old classic i dont know the year though
You got it added another pic to go with the topic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0792.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	184152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0793.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	184153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	184154  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM

Mein Auto: ZCP M3
[QUOTE=scottn2retro;4149192]
Cited me for no front plate and for speeding at 74 - the Radar/Lidar box is not checked on the ticket and he wasn't even going to pull me until he saw I had no front plate - so he basically pulled the 74 number out the air.
QUOTE]

Sounds like he got you 'the old-fashioned CHP way'...like back in the day when radar was not allowable on CA freeways and their only means of writing a speeding ticket was pacing you (while driving a 5.0 Mustang at the time). If it makes you feel any better, the 74 was probably to keep you out of the next 'bracket' where the fine would have gone up (did you get popped in a 65?).

Bad enough when a bunch of modded cars get together; exponentially worse when the state is broke and ALL AGENCIES have been directed by state leadership to get out and generate revenue. Only by the grace of the man on the top floor did an unmarked unit pace me on the RTB for 5 miles then roll on....(my V1 ID'd him in advance, rolled the tinted windows down, as I passed he jumps out and paces me from 2 car lengths back, then moves on....)

BTW- since when did all the call boxes on the freeway begin intermittently transmitting on K band??? Very annoying!!!

'05 ZCP SMG MMM
Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgomez View Post
Sounds like he got you 'the old-fashioned CHP way'...like back in the day when radar was not allowable on CA freeways and their only means of writing a speeding ticket was pacing you (while driving a 5.0 Mustang at the time). If it makes you feel any better, the 74 was probably to keep you out of the next 'bracket' where the fine would have gone up (did you get popped in a 65?).
I'm not sure how he could have paced me - if he did he was several cars behind me with at least 2 cars in between us (there was a car travellling with me driving behind me). If I was speeding and there were cars between us not speeding, how did he pace me and stay behind them?

I know another CHP officer, so I'm trying to get a better understanding of what my chances might be if I fought it.
Photo gallery
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: ZCP M3
The 'pacing' part can take place a loooooong ways back. It is an art more than a science...the 'group' can be paced and if you have a 'secondary infraction' then the liklihood of you getting to chat with the man goes up. Used to be we NEVER worried about radar on the freeway and a vigilant scan pattern easily spotted the pacers rolling on from a freeway onramp which is why I'm ultra-torqued over the 'poaching' tactics used by the CHP today (around a curve, stuffed in the bushes). Hence the stealth mounted V1...has ID'd all the poachers and helped ID a new tactic where the CHP tucked in behind the next car back and then popped out and went instant-on to get a quick read on me. Desperate times=desperate measures. Sorry you fell victim...at least it was on a "mission" worthy of the cause!

'05 ZCP SMG MMM
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post

*knocks on wood*
+1 to that. I've been pretty lucky. No front plate and haven't gotten the new tags from DMV yet. Hit 115 max on the cruise up, with the pack.
Of course, I don't have a BMW any more so maybe that has something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyphE36 View Post
I came scary close to gettin pulled over leading Chad, Usuma, and Randy into downtown for food.

Took that sharp curved on-ramp from right infront of the chevron balls out to have a little fun and hit the freeway well into the 80's, check my rear view to see if chad and randy are behind me, i see chad, but i also see a very obvious unmarked roller... the cop came up REAL fast and squeezed in behind me (who was still in 4th and was able to quickly decel without using the brakes ((have a bake light out, so that would have been it))) and followed me for a very unnerving mile or so and then jetted off the freeway to scare some other bimmers.

Many thanks to lady luck
I was 100% sure you were getting pulled over fool.

Cop pulled in the gas station while we were all filling up. We left, Hyphe first, then me, and the CHP got in behind me on the ramp so I took it pretty easy. As soon as we hit the freeway the cop just floored it and swerved around me, accelerated the whole way up and got right in behind Hyphe and dove on the brakes and just sat there on his bumper. I was just waiting for him to light him up. Got off at the next exit though, go figure. I figured Steven was scared as f*ck from that....
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
You got it added another pic to go with the topic
awww shes beautiful! i love your car!!!!! im so jealous!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
The original E9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
awww shes beautiful! i love your car!!!!! im so jealous!
Haha ty Check my garage out I have more pics of her im happy I didnt have the cash on hand for a 330ci and found my e9. One day I will have a e46 m3 comp package in Carbon Black
Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 750iL V12
That full K band alert every 5 minutes was getting incredibly annoying. I should've turned k band off for the trip.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Haha ty Check my garage out I have more pics of her im happy I didnt have the cash on hand for a 330ci and found my e9. One day I will have a e46 m3 comp package in Carbon Black
yea i checked out your garage lovely car!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 AM

Mein Auto: '07 VW Rabbit
I got chewed out by an asian copm and his chicl partner cop at motel 6 twice. First i was out side with aren and gary relaxing with a beer and they come up and start tellin gus about open container ****. as i started walking away the asian cop asks how old are you( casue i look like im 18 lol) so i told him im 22 u want to see my ID and hes like no. I told him have a good night and :went to my room. a couple min later i wanted a cig so right as i open my hotel room door the same cop was walking by and started yelliing at me again " didnt i tell u to stay in your room!!" and im like i just wanted to have a cig not noticing the beer in my hand. he started trying to scare me by telling me he would arrest me so i was just like ok sorry man i just wanted a cig and he kept on going about somethin gi dont know and finally left. when he left i gave him a nice wave goodbye with my middle finger. ass hole cops. and honedtly the guy looked like he had just gotten out of the acadamy. oh well...

who actually got arrested????
Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Mein Auto: FD3S
I got no front plate and smog reffed. Not bad for my first bimmer fest, maybe it was because i wasn't driving a bimmer?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 330ci
does anyone have shots of me pulled over? my car was the black e46 coupe with "jdm lol" on the side....or any rolling shots perhaps?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 AM
bigdaddyfatsac.com

Send a message via AIM to 04SSHD Send a message via MSN to 04SSHD Send a message via Skype™ to 04SSHD
Mein Auto: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by afghanman View Post
does anyone have shots of me pulled over? my car was the black e46 coupe with "jdm lol" on the side....or any rolling shots perhaps?
I saw a picture of your car rolling somewhere.

edit- here it is

Last edited by 04SSHD; 05-05-2009 at 01:48 PM.