Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 10th annual Bimmerfest show in Santa Barbara, CA will be held on May 2, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Thumbs up Thoughts on B-fest 09

I dont post much here, but I felt I had to post this.

This years bimmefest was simply one of the best ones there was. The venue was AWESOME!!!

A lot of beautiful cars, weather was great, the time and memories.....unforgetable

One grip I did have, was the douchbags the kept reving their motors ALLLLL day long, same people, same cars through out the day. A black 6 ser with black rims with red outline, 2 white E60 M5's, yeah you guys were cool

Other then that bit, awesome awesome time, Great job Jon and crew, this one will truly be memorable

Thank you guys!

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Ads by Google
Old 05-03-2009, 05:22 PM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
My thoughts.

1. Needs more then one food stand. Line was way to long and it was impossible to get food.

2. I think some sort of shade tents with chairs/tables provided would of been good.
It was getting hot and I got burned! ow lol.

3. Entry fee was WAY to much $40s?? $20 was already to much before. But $40.... that's a bit crazy.
I understand the venue is probably much more expensive to rent etc...
But the sponsors / company booths should be paying for that.

Other then that stuff.
I had a great time! There was so many more cars and so much more to do. I didn't even have enough time to walk around everywhere to look at all the cars.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 08 535 / 00 M5 / 91 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
My thoughts.

1. Needs more then one food stand. Line was way to long and it was impossible to get food.

there were two food vendors, one on each side of the field. I waited in a line of 3 people at 1130, i guess if you really wanted a hot dog, you had to wait in the long line though!
'91 M5 Alpine White II / Silver Gray
'03 Range Rover County, LWB
'12 MB GL350 diesel
Old 05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedE21 View Post
I dont post much here, but I felt I had to post this.

This years bimmefest was simply one of the best ones there was. The venue was AWESOME!!!

A lot of beautiful cars, weather was great, the time and memories.....unforgetable

One grip I did have, was the douchbags the kept reving their motors ALLLLL day long, same people, same cars through out the day. A black 6 ser with black rims with red outline, 2 white E60 M5's, yeah you guys were cool

Other then that bit, awesome awesome time, Great job Jon and crew, this one will truly be memorable

Thank you guys!
Great to see you again Atilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
My thoughts.

2. I think some sort of shade tents with chairs/tables provided would of been good.
It was getting hot and I got burned! ow lol.

3. Entry fee was WAY to much $40s?? $20 was already to much before. But $40.... that's a bit crazy.
I understand the venue is probably much more expensive to rent etc...
But the sponsors / company booths should be paying for that.

Other then that stuff.
I had a great time! There was so many more cars and so much more to do. I didn't even have enough time to walk around everywhere to look at all the cars.
Hmmm...

There were 2 food stations, one on each side of the field. Also, the general entry fee ($20) and early entry / concourse fee ($40) were exactly the same
program as last year...

Glad you had a good time though!!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottati View Post
there were two food vendors, one on each side of the field. I waited in a line of 3 people at 1130, i guess if you really wanted a hot dog, you had to wait in the long line though!
Oh. See I didn't have enough time to walk around the entire area.
So I only knew of one
The one I was at the line was constantly like 50 people long lol. It was next to the Nitto and Falken tire trucks.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post

Hmmm...

There were 2 food stations, one on each side of the field. Also, the general entry fee ($20) and early entry / concourse fee ($40) were exactly the same
program as last year...

Glad you had a good time though!!
Odd... I payed $20 last two times. And that was at early times...
Maybe I got lucky? lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: A highly Modded E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
Jon, it was great to see you again and actually chat with you abit at the Ramada Inn this year.

Will say again, one of the BEST bimmerfests today!

E21 LEGION
Bimmerfest: 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10 Veteran
Old 05-03-2009, 06:12 PM

Mein Auto: e46 325i
i love the new place was way bigger. A lot more cars to see. food was ok, wish you guys would bring IN-N-OUT that would be awesome.

but, way better than last year.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Wicked Illusions

Send a message via AIM to farhod
Mein Auto: 2007 650i
this was my first bimmerfest and i can say it was simply amazing...place was perfect the only thing that i really wish could happen is if each series could park in a designated area...3's in one area, 5's, 7's etc...to do that online registration is mandatory and then maybe hold a few extra spots...the field had plenty of room still to do something like that....but thank you jon for all your hard work...it was a blast!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:08 PM
GenuinePhotography

Mein Auto: G35
i loved the venue, it was perfect. amazing turn out
Old 05-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: '99 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhod View Post
this was my first bimmerfest and i can say it was simply amazing...place was perfect the only thing that i really wish could happen is if each series could park in a designated area...3's in one area, 5's, 7's etc...to do that online registration is mandatory and then maybe hold a few extra spots...the field had plenty of room still to do something like that....but thank you jon for all your hard work...it was a blast!
It would be great to park by series but the logistics of it is simply impossible. If it was that way it would have to be a HUGE venue, much larger than the polo fields (and I thought the polo fields were huge.) It's great in theory but much to difficult in actuality. A lot of people don't even register so there is no way to gauge the amount of cars.

Thanks for putting together a truly awesome event. It's amazing to see the progress the event has made back from the days of Cutter Motors. Who would of thought it would one day be what it is now? I'm impressed every year by the event and the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes.

Thank you!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
The venue was absolutely perfect, Jon. This was the best Bimmerfest to date

Kudos to you, Tim, Mark, and everyone else who helped put it on

Last edited by Cliff; 05-03-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
I had a great time, and it was the best $20 I spent in a long time! I also waited maybe 45 seconds for an excellent bratwurst. That thing was damn good!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Love the location jon ! the food i didnt really eat, next year you guys should have like catered healthy food it was such a great time i have the WORST sunburn ever! lol
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
I was reluctant to rearrange my schedule in order to attend this year, but I am so happy I did It was amazing. Loved every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilez
food was ok, wish you guys would bring IN-N-OUT that would be awesome.
That would be awesome!! I'm gonna start pestering Jon, Mark and Tim about that
Old 05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Local Enthusiast

Mein Auto: E65,P71 Police Intercept.
I really liked the venue this year, I hope we get to do it again. +1 on the In-N-Out idea. Also, does anyone know if there was a ding doctor on site?

. 360infiniteusa Angel Eyes . H&R Springs . mObridge AUX Integration .

Last edited by Expo BMW; 05-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Addicted To Autocross

Mein Auto: 2001 Jet Black 330Ci
OK, before I rant a little bit, I want to say Thanks to Jon and the Bimmerfest Staff for putting on this wonderful event for 10 straight years. Obviously its not easy putting this together and running it, especially considering how big its grown, but overall, you've done a great job.

Now the rant. My biggest gripe was with the parking fee. OK, now you may say "it was the same as last year", however not everyone attended last year. This year, I registered and I went to the Bimmerfest information page. This is what I saw:

Alright, so I see that it's $20 per car and it hasn't changed from 08. I believe I also paid that in 2007, and I understand that money is needed to run the event. So that's cool, no problem. I go to Event Details to get the new venue info along with directions and I believe I'm set. The last time I went in 2007, I arrived at 9am sharp and the parking lot at Earl Warren was completely full. This year, I figured I'd get there at 8am and avoid traffic while I'm at it. Much to my surprise, the attendant taking the fees told me it was $40. I told him I thought it was $20. He told me, and I quote: "Before 9am, its $40." Thats it. That was a rude surprise and frankly, it pissed me off. I thought about getting a 10th anniversary t-shirt, but not after paying double for parking. I asked some other people and they were just as surprised.

When I got back home, I checked the site and my registration email for info and it took me awhile to find it, but it IS listed under "Attendee FAQ". I've been to 7 Bimmerfests, and never bothered to click that before, feeling it was unnecessary.

Bottom line:

1) I think the Bimmerfest Events info page does not present itself very well in the Forums context. Info to me is difficult to find and too cluttered with sponsor banners.
2) The $40 concourse fee and the event map should be more obvious. IMO, its hidden in the FAQ area when it should be front page.
3) The attendants should be able to explain that pricing structure. Even though I arrived early, I still had to wait in line and by the time I got up there, I was told that to park before 9am required $40 without mention of separate concourse/general parking fees. I wasn't thinking about leaving and coming back to a potentially longer line, so I paid it.

On the positive side, I think the new venue is great! Easy accessibility, easy on your feet all day, nice and clean, and most importantly, LOTs of room for everyone. Food didn't seem to be a problem as I was able to snag some lunch within 2 minutes. So that seemed to address the 2 problems from the Earl Warren venue.

Overall, this event was not the best IMO. Its lost alot of the original "Bimmerfest" feel and is getting expensive, but I don't think that could be helped. It had to evolve and meet the needs of the growing number of attendees and the diversity. So, all things considered, again I give mucho kudos to Jon and company and look forward to Bimmerfest 2010.

Last edited by Shinobi; 05-04-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: 1967 1600
Thanks Jon

That was a blast! Lotsa real nice folks and some awsome BMW's. I'm going to have to look for the car count, because it was big. Last but not least... I loved the event graphics. I had to keep a few more than usual.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
I didn't see Lucky579. The $40.00 must of been too much for him.
On Order for ED pick-up 9/17/2014 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT

Greta is for SALE. 2002 M5
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
I liked the 'feel' of the event out there on the large grass field. Made it seem more grass roots again.
Photo gallery
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2002tii / 1985 Euro M635
I agree, it was the best Bimmerfest ever. The polo grounds were perfect for showing the cars. It made it cool, comfortable and absorbed alot of ambient noise. HOWEVER, I agree, $40 for getting there early was a rip-off. I was part of the vintage car crowd and we paid the extra fee for concours parking, but we didn't park in the concours area. We had a nice area to park together and we all had a good time. 2 thoughts..... How about charging the $40 for cars wanting to park in thne concours area, $20 for outside that area, no matter what time you arrive. Issue a $20 credit for that vintage guys that paid the extra and apply it to next year, we'll all be back! Thanks again to all the organizers
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: E46 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Man View Post
It would be great to park by series but the logistics of it is simply impossible. If it was that way it would have to be a HUGE venue, much larger than the polo fields (and I thought the polo fields were huge.) It's great in theory but much to difficult in actuality. A lot of people don't even register so there is no way to gauge the amount of cars.

Thanks for putting together a truly awesome event. It's amazing to see the progress the event has made back from the days of Cutter Motors. Who would of thought it would one day be what it is now? I'm impressed every year by the event and the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes.

Thank you!
To fix that, make it so you have to register to get in. My buddy goes to a shoe called Fabulous Fords Forever in Buena Park, and thats exactly what they do. Its a 1400-1500 CAR show. I realize that we are slightly bigger than that, but I also believe that the show would be way more awesome if we could organize the cars. ****, if the ford guys can do it, why cant we? Here is a link to that event... http://www.fordcarclubs.org/ There is also parking across the street if you choose not to register for the event...

We are still a young event, so I have hope that we can introduce some German efficiency to the parking situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post
I was reluctant to rearrange my schedule in order to attend this year, but I am so happy I did It was amazing. Loved every minute of it

That would be awesome!! I'm gonna start pestering Jon, Mark and Tim about that
Mark, don't let me down!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 AM

Mein Auto: 08 M3 E93; 01 Porsche C4
The venue was absolutely perfect. A great event!

The only thing that would be better if the car were segregated by variant and more food concessions. The only ones segregated were the "Old Skool" cars, which are always enjoyable and in my mind the highlight of the show. The 507 was "the Car of the event" the twin turbo "3002" a close second behind the 507.

a well done event, I hope it is there next year.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: **** you
too expensive entry
$6 for a tiny ass beer wtf!!

and lol at the ********* revving his convertible black 6 series with ugly wheels...what a ***!!!
he seriously sat and revved his motor over and over again for a good 20 minutes

we are not impressed dude stop being a tweeker

other than that the venue was great and there were awesome cars which is why I came so it worked for me
Old 05-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
Event was great, but the raffle drawing needs to be done earlier, like noon time. I hear by the time raffles were being drawn people have already left. Had to resort to calling out random people in the crowd that's left.