Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 03-24-2015, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: 98 318is
Angry Rough Idling/Stalling/P0100 Code

Hey guys so ive been trying for the last few weeks to fix this problem. Ive read alot on this and it seems very common. Most people fix this by fixing a vacuum leak or cleaning there MAF sensor. Unfortunately thats not the case for me. You see my car seems to run a little rich and the idle is bouncy, rpm's are anywhere from 700-850 and its never constant. If I let it just idle it will like completely die but then rev back up and start to idle again. But sometimes it will just stall. Coming to stop lights I have to keep gas in it aswell otherwise it will possibly stall. Heres what ive done to try and fix this:

New Bank 1 Sensor 1 o2 sensor
Cleaned the Maf sensor twice (Remove it from the housing and sprayed it with CRC Cleaner)
Replaced the Fuel Filter
Cleaned the Throttle Body
Cleaned the Idle Control Valve
Replaced the Cam Position Sensor
Newish spark plugs

Only thing left is to change the airfilter and spark plug wires and then the actual MAF sensor. Thing is with my reader my Maf seems to be reading fine, idles at around 3 grams/s and when i rev it up it goes up so around 5k rpm its at 30 g/s. Now idk if thats normal readings but it seems to be working.

Also as far as I know and have checked there are no Vacuum leaks in any of the intake boots or anything. As i said im getting the P0100 code whenever it stalls and its just a pending code to.. What could my problem be? I am going to get a new air filter though and ill see if that solves anything although the one in there is pretty clean and so was the MAF sensor before I went to clean it! Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Advertisement