Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Mein Auto: Mazda 3s
CPO 2006 330xi advice

Hi Folks,

I've been reading this forum for months and I am finally doing my first post. I have read so much, I may have read the answer to my own question already but am posting for safe measure. Any assistance/insight is greatly appreciated.

Long and the short is I am considering a 2006 330xi in lieu of waiting another year or 2 for a 335.

Facts:
  • 2006 330xi CPO, 43655 miles
  • Premium, Cold, Nav, MT
  • Dealer web page says Logic7, airbags throughout, etc - were those a-la carte options or part of the above packages?
  • Looks real clean
  • Been on dealer lot less than 1 month
Dealer is asking $27, 995.

Questions:
  • Is offering 24k or 25k out of the question or even absurd?
  • Is there any leverage since there are ~10 more 330's on the lot?

I've driven a few 335's and I am drooling. However, the price delta to even a 2007 335 is beyind my actual budget. Ideally, I'd have the 330 for ~ two years and then treat to a 2008/2009 CPO 335...

Any insight is appreciated. If I missed providing any details, let me know and I will add.

Thanks to all in this awesome BMW forum.
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 330i
I'm fairly new to the BMW scene, but I'll throw out some thoughts that you can take or leave.

A couple weeks ago I purchased a CPO 2006 330i with 34k miles on it for $25k. It has Sport/Navi/Heated seats/MT. I'm not sure but xenon/Logic7 might be standard on all 330i's?

Check the in-service date to see how much time you have left on your original warranty, even if you only have 6,400 miles left. I wanted to make sure I had adequate time and mileage in case anything went wrong before the CPO warranty kicked in. I also bought the maintenance plan thru 100k miles since it covers the clutch and apparently I qualified for it for a cheaper price because of my credit score (may have been dealer bs).

I plan on keeping the car until the end of the CPO period then trading in for a CPO 335 like you.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplotz View Post
Hi Folks,

I've been reading this forum for months and I am finally doing my first post. I have read so much, I may have read the answer to my own question already but am posting for safe measure. Any assistance/insight is greatly appreciated.

Long and the short is I am considering a 2006 330xi in lieu of waiting another year or 2 for a 335.

Facts:
  • Premium, Cold, Nav, MT
  • Dealer web page says Logic7, airbags throughout, etc - were those a-la carte options or part of the above packages? - Logic7 was standard on the '06 330i as were all the airbags.
  • Looks real clean

Questions:
  • Is offering 24k or 25k out of the question or even absurd? - No. That is a perfectly reasonable offer. You should be able to make a deal somewhere in that range.
  • Is there any leverage since there are ~10 more 330's on the lot? - There certainly could be. Are most of them xi's?

I've driven a few 335's and I am drooling. However, the price delta to even a 2007 335 is beyind my actual budget. Ideally, I'd have the 330 for ~ two years and then treat to a 2008/2009 CPO 335...

Any insight is appreciated. If I missed providing any details, let me know and I will add.

Thanks to all in this awesome BMW forum.
The '06 330 is a great car with a great motor. It is a very good choice. edit: I looked at it. It does look very nice. I suppose you've looked at the CarFax and seen that it lived it's life in New York state.

Welcome to the 'fest. Good luck with your negotiations.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 05-10-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplotz View Post
Facts:
  • Premium, Cold, Nav, MT
  • Dealer web page says Logic7, airbags throughout, etc - were those a-la carte options or part of the above packages?
  • Looks real clean

Questions:
  • Is offering 24k or 25k out of the question or even absurd?
  • Is there any leverage since there are ~10 more 330's on the lot?
With regards to leverage - yes there is, but the dealer will most likely retort "oh we just got them last week, with ten others that we sold in a week". If it's been on the lot less then 1 month there is less incentive (dealers make no sense) to sell it - but towards the end of the month there will be a high incentive.

I just bought (3 weeks ago) a 2006 330xi. It had:
39k miles
CPO
Extended maintenance (regular maintenance is to 50k, this is brought out to 100k and honestly it's one of the cheapest extras they can give you)
Heated Seats
Premium
I paid 25k (before tax/title)
I got 0.9% financing

You can try for 24k but that may not be possible. I tried a 323 for 24k and had a hard time finding it (it was doable, just rare). 25k is more reasonable and doable

What is the MT?
Logic7, airbags throughout, etc - Not sure what the etc is - but Logic 7 is part of the 330... so are the xenons - they are standard. Airbags are also standard.
The only options you are listing on that car are Premium, Cold, Navi, and depending on what MT is.

Go for 25k - and ask for the extended maintenance (they will try and sell it to you for 1500, but really, two free oil changes, wiper blade changes does nto equal 1500). you may need to go as much as 26k....just remember at the top/middle of the month they are less likely to deal then towards the end of the month.

So mine has less options, but it has better miles (4k is nothing to scoff at) and came with the extended maintenance.

As I tell everyone - be firm and be willing to walk away from the table.

EDIT: You are in wisconsin so keep that in mind. I am in the Philadelphia area and dealers here are a little more expensive - not much more but they are.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 AM

tturedraider - yes, I had reviewed the CARFAX and nothing caught my attention EXCEPT the fact that the car lived in NY. I am curious as to what impact NY winters will have on the car, namely corrosion. I guess if it made the CPO cut it should be OK?

furby076 - Not in Wisconsin!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM

Sorry - missed answering two questions:

There are a lot of XI's, though not all. I am in Colorado so that will add to the demand I presume.

MT = Manual Transmission.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto: 3 Series
24K is what you have to offer, no more!

A few weeks ago I got my CPO 06 330i, 39K Miles, Nav, Premium and Cold Packages. I don't get the extended maintenance but its CPO, also with 0.9% for 48 months. Total 24K before tax and all other license and processing fees etc.

Don't offer more than 24K and be willing to walk away. They are going to get cheaper as the 07 335i are coming off the lease very soon.