Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Bimmerfest 2009 sponsored by Horsepower Freaks -- It keeps getting better!

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

(Photo by Clifford Oates)

We are amazed every year with the number of enthusiasts who make the trek out for the show and this year was just another testament to how great the BMW community is as a whole. Thank you to everyone that came out to the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet club on May 2nd and enjoyed the new location for Bimmerfest. We are especially thankful for the great BMW related companies that showed up to support the show including www.HorsepowerFreaks.com, BMW North America, Nitto Tire, VF-Engineering, Falken Tire, Active Autowerke, Race Technologies / Brembo and many more.

The Battle of the Bimmers, sponsored by Bonneville Motor Werks, was a great display once again this year and provided us with some new winners in the categories. The winners this year were:

Best of Show - Paul Cain -- 2002 Turbo

Classic 1st Place - Cody Barry -- Brilliant Red 1990 E30 M3 -- only 4,800 original miles!
Classic 2nd Place - CJ Viola -- Reseda Green 1979 320i
Classic 3rd Place - Ron Perry - Schwartz 1988 M5

Modified 1st Place - Eric Shieh -- Alpine White E46 M3
Modified 2nd Place - Alvin Derego -- Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3
Modified 3rd Place - Aaron-Ruiz Jimenez -- Custom Grey E46 330i

Stock 1st Place - Tom Patton -- Black 1994 850 CSI
Stock 2nd Place - Keith Keller -- Jet Black E34 540i
Stock 3rd Place - Kelly Collins -- Dakar Yellow 2005 E46 M3

Highest Mileage BMW - Max Lichterman -- White E21 with 314,000 miles on the odometer

Furthest Traveled - Adam McTaggart - Detroit to Santa Barbara 2400 miles one way

Thanks to everyone being careful while driving on the polo fields, it looks like we will be back at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club in 2010 with a full year to come up with ways to keep making the show better. Look for deatils to start leaking earlier than ever this year and a new and improved section of the site for details and news about the show. If you have any feedback about the show, please post it in the event forum or email it to us directly at events@bimmerfest.com!

Thanks again and we will see you all next year!

-- The Bimmerfest Team
This article has been viewed 6230 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to refatb
Mein Auto: 1998 528i
no pix?