Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Smile Bought a new jacket/gloves!

I decided to finally equip myself with some safety gear, and I took the "Icon" route. I'm still looking for some shoes/pants...

Jacket: Icon Hooligan Battlecry jacket, brand new, size XL, I paid $85!!!!!

Gloves: Icon Hooligan Gloves, brand new, size XL, paid $30.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 AM
YeS...

Mein Auto: 02' 530/08' SuZuKi GsX-r
I have those same gloves that I bought when I had my last bike. I am not crazy about them at all. They are pretty cheap in price, but I am currently looking for some replacements.
Nice jacket though.

What kind of lid do you have?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Why didn't you like the gloves? They seem pretty nice to me, my friend has them (in blue), same size as me and I like them a lot during the 40 miles I was wearing them...
Currently I have an HJC carbon fiber helmet, but I'm looking at completing the theme with an Icon SSR helmet that my cousin is selling...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:31 AM
YeS...

The gloves arent that comfortable IMO.
I have tried on many other gloves and these have the worse feel to them. I didnt expect much out of them because of the price i paid for them.

I found some really nice Joe Rocket gloves I will be buying.

That Icon helmet is a nice looking helmet. This one would go great with your bike, but the one you posted will look better with your jacket.

I was thinking about getting this helmet, but i just wish that i could get that red detailing in blue.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglovemp View Post
The gloves arent that comfortable IMO.
I have tried on many other gloves and these have the worse feel to them. I didnt expect much out of them because of the price i paid for them.

That Icon helmet is a nice looking helmet. This one would go great with your bike, but the one you posted will look better with your jacket.

I was thinking about getting this helmet, but i just wish that i could get that red detailing in blue.
I haven't tried on too many gloves, but these ones felt good and I'll stick with them till I find something better (for cheap lol).
That helmet is pretty sweet, but my bike will probably be getting a new paint scheme pretty soon. I love the Repsol and may be making myself an F4i repsol
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 AM
YeS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans E39 View Post
I haven't tried on too many gloves, but these ones felt good and I'll stick with them till I find something better (for cheap lol).
That helmet is pretty sweet, but my bike will probably be getting a new paint scheme pretty soon. I love the Repsol and may be making myself an F4i repsol
Yeah, well the gloves arent that bad for that price. Just rock them till you get a new pair.
And i like the repsol paint scheme also. Good luck
And of course you know you have to post some pics once done.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglovemp View Post
Yeah, well the gloves arent that bad for that price. Just rock them till you get a new pair.
And i like the repsol paint scheme also. Good luck
And of course you know you have to post some pics once done.
I drive past a motorcycle shop everyday on my way to work, and they have an 09 Repsol sitting in the front window, it wakes me up every time