Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Freedom

Mein Auto: HOT
Agressive Drivers

I'm a courteous driver and recently have been experiencing aggressive male drivers in town riding my @ss reving up their engines and passing me when there is no room in front of me (i'm not going too slow) and just acting like they want a showdown or something like that. I'm a small feminine woman. They have all been male drivers in pick-up trucks. I will even say it is abusive. When i drive my other vehicle a Ford F-150, I never EVER experience this. I was wondering if these men were feeling challenged or angry at my 335. Your thoughts?

Last edited by sakura; 05-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Gooble Goobledygoook

Mein Auto: 08 335xi E92
That happens to me occasionally. I know, for sure, that if I drive after 10pm, those kinds of people will be around. But, to be fair, I've got wheels that attract that kind of attention If the attached pic is that of your car, I would think they feel challenged. If it's tinted (or even if it's not and the lighting's not so good), they might not be able to see you.

But I never take them seriously though, I just thought they're out for a bit of fun. Or that they're insecure If you still feel upset, my suggestion is to mod the car to make it look feminine.

Forgot to add: I ban myself from driving on the left-most lane, I think that helps.

Last edited by TofuTurkey; 05-24-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM
BMW d Driver

Mein Auto: e46 M3, 335d
They are just feeling wussy in their big a** trucks that can be beat by a little tiny car
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Freedom

Turkey... This is happening in daylight and i don't have tint on the glass. Thanks for your input ~ i've been at a loss to understand.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
I get that too sometimes...I'm a small little lady myself

2009 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic, Coral Red Dakota Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package and Sports package with 19s.

Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4
Old 05-23-2009, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 Montego Blue 335i
They probably feel challenged and/or threatened. Partly because it's a BMW and partly because you're a woman. I'm a guy, but I still get the same thing. It used to upset me or make me feel like I needed to 'show 'em up', but not anymore. Now that I know the capabilities of the car (and that I'm not doing anything wrong to them), I just laugh or shake my head.

Enjoy the car. I've always thought, and still think, that there's nothing hotter than a woman in an e90!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM
BMW d Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-hoya View Post
Enjoy the car. I've always thought, and still think, that there's nothing hotter than a woman in an e90!
What about a woman in an e90 M3?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Insert T I T L E here

Mein Auto: BMW e90
Nope, *everybody* gets this. Three times a week, I'd say for me, some jackass usually in a huge pickup truck, riding the bumper in heavy traffic, etc.

Typically they are indeed big wusses... a couple weeks ago I was waiting at a light before a ramp that has to merge to one lane, and a huge pickup pulls up, and instead of waiting behind me, goes to the right of me. It would be ok if he were turning right, but he thought he could just merge in front of me. I didn't even have to floor it (there is no way a F150 could beat any of us over the 1/8 mile), and he had to fall back to merge. For the next half mile he aggressively rides my bumper, and eventually lays on the horn for 30 seconds before taking an abrupt exit from the road. I was going to fall back and also exit to get the license plate, but what would I do with it? Also, the person may be packing heat... stuff like that is never worth it.

Don't worry about stuff like that -- as annoying as it is, just ignore them. It is like arguing with internet trolls, even if you win, you're still a loser for engaging these guys. Their whole design is to make you angry -- add to killfile or just pull away to another road, and move on.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by neapolitan View Post
Nope, *everybody* gets this. Three times a week, I'd say for me, some jackass usually in a huge pickup truck, riding the bumper in heavy traffic, etc.
~ Thanks for sharing... Your experience is so typical for me that i started to think i must have pissed these people off somehow. With this feedback I am figuring they are just Fartknockers!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Go Pats!

Mein Auto: 2006 325xi
On my way to work, merged onto the road and needed to move over to the left hand lane for my turn. Didn't even notice what kind of car was next to me, I just accelerated so I could pass. Guess the CTS thought I wanted to race (yes, I had my blinker on) and sped up with me. No, this doesn't end with me blowing their doors off. It was then it dawned on me that I was driving a car that actually invites that kind of attention. If it were my previous ride, the CTS would given me a 'pity pass.'
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Pok Gai 1.0

Mein Auto: '09 E92 335i M-Sport
please post a pic of yourself so that i can give the appropriate response

but seriously, they're just being a-holes - since i got my 335 m-sport last week stupid ricers showing it up in front me - kids these days
Old 05-24-2009, 07:06 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneKitty View Post
~ Thanks for sharing... Your experience is so typical for me that i started to think i must have pissed these people off somehow. With this feedback I am figuring they are just Fartknockers!
Hey Kitty, I have a '98 F250HD with a 7.5 liter (460 cid) engine and I never bother the ladies in their Bimmers, but I have noticed other pickup trucks doing it.
Here's an ironic twist. When I have a car shoot by me on the inside lane of a three lane, when I am in the middle, it is almost always a young female in a brightly colored Japanese car with an 'S' after its badge. Things seem to work both ways.
(Note to F series experts, yes my F250HD has a 460. 1998 was the transition year when they went to SD, dropped the 460, and revamped the truck. I have early production.)
Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie1 View Post
No, this doesn't end with me blowing their doors off.
OMG ~ i will love to have that kind of gusto to blow their doors off or at least dust them (sounds like a R rated movie) ~ the car has it but i'm a little peddle shy in town. Maybe i can modify with a blow-off-valve and make a little noise.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Go Pats!

Mein Auto: 2006 325xi
Quote:
OMG ~ i will love to have that kind of gusto to blow their doors off or at least dust them (sounds like a R rated movie) ~ the car has it but i'm a little peddle shy in town. Maybe i can modify with a blow-off-valve and make a little noise.
Not to encourage anyone to do anything reckless --- it's easy. The long, thin pedal on the right? Hit it. (no, i'm not making fun of you)
Old 05-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
I'm a courteous driver and recently have been experiencing aggressive male drivers in town riding my @ss reving up their engines and passing me when there is no room in front of me (i'm not going too slow) and just acting like they want a showdown or something like that. I'm a small feminine woman. They have all been male drivers in pick-up trucks. I will even say it is abusive. When i drive my other vehicle a Ford F-150, I never EVER experience this. I was wondering if these men were feeling challenged or angry at my 335. Your thoughts?
Are you DRIVING in the passing lane (the left lane) on the freeway? IF you are DRIVING in the passing lane on the freeway that is exceedingly dis-courteous driving behavior and violates the rules of the road and it WILL engender aggressive behavior by those you force to pass you on the right. Hopefully this is not the case for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuTurkey View Post
That happens to me occasionally. I know, for sure, that if I drive after 10pm, those kinds of people will be around. But, to be fair, I've got wheels that attract that kind of attention If the attached pic is that of your car, I would think they feel challenged. If it's tinted (or even if it's not and the lighting's not so good), they might not be able to see you.

But I never take them seriously though, I just thought they're out for a bit of fun. Or that they're insecure If you still feel upset, my suggestion is to mod the car to make it look feminine.

Forgot to add: I ban myself from driving on all but the left-most lane, I think that helps.
I think you probably said this backwards. I surely hope so. Do you mean you "ban" yourself from driving in the left-most lane except when you are passing?

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Lately I've been seeing an increase in female drivers driving agressively, I've had them cut me off, ride my bumper, not allowing me to merge in ahead of them. Everytime I thought it was a male A-hole and then I usually see a young girl waving her ponytail from side to side driving like a bat outta hell!!

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 05-24-2009, 08:08 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_GAL View Post
I get that too sometimes...I'm a small little lady myself
From BMW_GAL's signature:
"Previously Owned: 2006 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro with all the belles and whistles and a B5 Imola Yellow Audi S4 "
No doubt a Freudian slip.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 AM

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
It's OK, drivers that operate with such indifference to safety and aggressiveness usually ends up killing themselves in a horrible accident we have all seen about street racing. One day their time will come....
It's called "Dawin's evolution"....
Old 05-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Freedom

[quote=tturedraider;4208350]Are you DRIVING in the passing lane (the left lane) on the freeway? IF you are DRIVING in the passing lane on the freeway that is exceedingly dis-courteous driving behavior and violates the rules of the road and it WILL engender aggressive behavior by those you force to pass you on the right. Hopefully this is not the case for you.quote]

No No No ~ i typically stay in the slow lane on hwy there is hardly any traffic here. The agression is happening on one lane roads in town (live in small rural town) These guys will even pass in No passing zone... just to make a point that they are on it. Sometimes they bust in after passing and i have another driver in front of me. I am beginning to think the car is intimidating. However, if this keeps up i might blow my cool to consider to blow their doors off or at least their wipers. hee hee
Old 05-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Gooble Goobledygoook

Mein Auto: 08 335xi E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I think you probably said this backwards. I surely hope so. Do you mean you "ban" yourself from driving in the left-most lane except when you are passing?
Ah, forgot to post only after I've had my first coffee of the day. Thanks for catching that, I sounded ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias View Post
Lately I've been seeing an increase in female drivers driving agressively, I've had them cut me off, ride my bumper, not allowing me to merge in ahead of them. Everytime I thought it was a male A-hole and then I usually see a young girl waving her ponytail from side to side driving like a bat outta hell!!
I have been seeing that too, usually young professional types though, quite surprising. This female equality thing is becoming more of a reality everyday...
Old 05-24-2009, 09:23 AM
BMW d Driver

Quote:
Males get the heat for being bad drivers, but around here the WORST are young females. Usually drinking a coffee, talking on the phone, and trying to do their hair. Last thing they are worrying about is the road
Old 05-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Stick Drive

Mein Auto: 330i, 911E, UZJ100
To the OP, don't let it get to you. I frenquently drive my 2000 Suburban (kind of a big car ) and find that drivers cut me off, tailgate, etc. about the same as they do when I am driving my 3. Do as others say and ingnore these types of drivers.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Freedom

Quote:
I have seen those irresponsible girl drivers in NJ, DC, Baltimore and other highly congested areas. My drivers are typically men between 20 to 40 act like bullies and their trucks are manecured and have Noise Pollution exhausts.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 AM

Mein Auto: '09 335xi coupe
I've had my 335 for 3 months now, and I'm not the guy who wants to race every ass. I was driving on my day off on Thursday, and I got the oppurtunity to piss off a tuner.

Some tool was driving what he thought was a 'suped up' early 90s GTI. (With a beautiful racing stripe down the center of his car). He kept follwing me close and acting like an ass. He finally got the chance to pull up beside me, and I didn't even have to hammer it to leave him miles behind me. He still had the nerve to pull up beside me when I was turning left and rev his engine. I just gave him the 'I feel sorry for you laugh'.

'09 335i xDrive Coupe - Space Grey / Black Leather / Alum. Trim / Sport / Premium / 18'' wheels / Cold Weather / CA / Nav / iPod / Logic 7 / PPK1
Old 05-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Mein Auto: X3
I want to know how the OP put an SMG into a 335i. Swap an E46 or E60 SMG in?
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport