Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Talking Install Bluetooth Music Handphone and retain BMW Bluetooth handphone connector functi

Guys,

My E60 has a Bluetooth mobile phone connection. However, since it is not the latest idrive music from my iphone is not transferred via Bluetooth. I needed to connect a 3.5mm headphone cable from the iphone to AUX-IN.

Now, that's not what you want! So I bought a Belkin Bluetooth Adapter (Type: F8Z924CW) and the tick here is that it runs with 5V which equals the USB 5V. Next you need to find a connector cable that fits to the Belkin and has a 5V USB plug. Luckily I had one but you can buy them in an electronics store as well. Then, I took a 12V/5V USB converter (the one that usually goes into the cigarette lighter socket) sintered two input power cables to it. A thick layer of isolation tape did the job. Afterwards, I opened the rear end of the middle console that points to the backseat where the two cigarette lighter sockets are. You need to slide in a flat screw driver or credit card on the right and left end of the plate (approx. 1/3 of the hight up from the bottom) that is under the air outlets. This will loosen two metal cramps. Now, I connected the power cables to the power supply of the cigarette lighter and the Belkin device (probably 2x2inch size) was strapped with some glue tape to some wires that run inside at the bottom of the middle console. You only need to take a 3.5mm connector cable and connect it to the Belkin Bluetooth adaptor as well as run it outside of the middle console (best at the bottom where the console touches the carpet.) the arm rest and plug it again into AUX-IN. Alternatively you could also wire it from the inside but I wanted to retail the AUX-IN function.
Once you start the engine the iphone will automatically connect to the built in bluetooth connection for the phone. The connection to the Belkin device for the music channel you need to activate manually by just touching it on the phone screen. Here you go - wire free music transfer via the car speakers without any hazzle. Of course the music will be interrupted once a phone call comes in. The only small downside is that if you stop the engine in my car the cigarette lighter power supply shuts off hence the Bluetooth music connection is cut. I was too lazy to wire a "ignition on" power supply. Took me a few hours to work this out but with the above manual you can do it in an afternoon. Installation takes less than 20mins. Good luck !

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=469123
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktio...hmentId=469141_a_
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Good idea, I'm gonna try it. Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
let me know if you need help. cheers