BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iPhone and the Z4 (bluetooth & audio question)

44K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  Triaker 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2005 Z4 that has BMW Assist. I believe it has bluetooth as well since the steering wheel controls are there and the radio responds. However, I can't seem to pair my iPhone with it, something I was able to do with my previous two Bimmers ('01 325i and '06 330i). The instruction booklet is just confusing as can be. Am I missing something?

Also, I don't have the iPod adapter and from what I can tell, it wouldn't work properly with the iPhone anyway. Are there other options available to me so I can listen to my podcasts? My previous car had an aux input jack.

#39 ·
Dixie. The key for pairing your phone is in the owners manual. If you don't have that, you can find the pass key in the trunk. There is a carpeted divider along the trunk between the back seats and trunk space. You can pull that away, and you should see a white box on the left hand side of the trunk wall. On that is a sticker that will have a pass key number on it. There are other threads on this site that go into greater detail. It's fairly simple procedure, and there shouldn't be any need to pay the dealership for the number. Get in there and find it and feel good about doing it without the dealer taking your money!

#41 ·
I had similar problem I gave up and went to dealership and had them resolve it . The service manual was of no value, not a great response but what ever number I was in need of it was no where to be found. Their computer did come up with the series of numbers and since it has been up and running. Good luck.

#42 ·
Re: iPhone and the Z4 (bluetooth & audio question)

Get rid of the fisher-price my first smartphone. Thats half the problem solved.:)

sent from my mind. Mentoc the Mindtaker

#43 ·
I have had no problems pairing my iPhone 4s & iPhone 5 with the bluetooth in my 2007. I just followed the instructions in the manual. You sure your Z4 has bluetooth? Also, I could use my iPhone as is with the car as it had an aux jack under the dashboard by the shifter. Did you look under there? It's not really obvious. If all else fails, you do have options open to you. I have a DUO setup in my Z4 from bavsound--allows you to hook up your iPhone to the stereo and use the controls on the steering wheel to control volume, change tracks, and it charges your phone as well. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.