Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: all kinds of stuff
How do you remove fuel rail

Trying to remove my intake to do the starter on my 96 328i. I;ve read the Pelican instructions and others but they are not particularly clear. I've seen references to needing a bmw special tool. I can't even see where the hard line of the rail connects to the rubber portion. I can feel a connection under the intake just in front of the firewall but have no idea how you would dissconnect it. Do you really need to dissconnect it to get the intake off? TIA

Dave
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
I wish I could help you, but this is one of the few things I haven't taken apart on an E36.

Check www.PelicanParts.com - They have excellent DIY tech articles on just about everything for BMWs and Porsches.

Also, welcome to the Fest.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 Bmw e36 328is
I have a 1999 e36 328is and i swapped my starter this winter and did the M50 manifold and i DID NOT have to remove the fuel line i just pulled the injectors out with the rail still attched and set it to the side i had to bend the hardend fuel line to make clearance for the new manifold ... but I did not have to remove the line itself.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtom4 View Post
Trying to remove my intake to do the starter on my 96 328i. I;ve read the Pelican instructions and others but they are not particularly clear. I've seen references to needing a bmw special tool. I can't even see where the hard line of the rail connects to the rubber portion. I can feel a connection under the intake just in front of the firewall but have no idea how you would dissconnect it. Do you really need to dissconnect it to get the intake off? TIA

Dave
asc delete,FDM,M50manifold,Vibrant Catback exhaust,eibach sportlines with eibach sruts&shocks,short ram intake,TMS Pullys,Depo's,clear corners,euro tails, sparco pedals&shiftknob, 18"privat rims,3.15 M3 LSD,
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335xi
You don't need a special tool, you simple take the rail off with the injectors in it.

93' 325is Stage 2 M5 UUC Ltw. Flywheel Cerametallic clutch kit and Pressure plate, ANSA muffler, Bav Auto Headers, Dinan chipped, K&N, Bilsteins sport shocks with Eibach 1.2" lowering springs, Dinan struts, Bav Auto High Perf. Ignition coils, NGK Iradium plugs, 17" Chrome M3 Reps, M3 Rep Kit, 20% & 5% tint , eGay Headlight for the time being, Bav Auto camber Kit, Custom Naugahyde headliner and sunroof.

2007 BMW 335xi 6MT Monaco Blue, Sport Package

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6
Old 06-04-2009, 05:53 PM

Mein Auto: all kinds of stuff
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I got it off without disconnecting the lines, just moved it out of the way. Removing the intake was somewhat a pita with all the stuff attached to the bottom of it. Now the fun part, actually removing the starter comes tomorrow.

Another question, a couple of the plastic cages around the injector tips are broken. Any effect on performance? Should they be replaced? Thanks again
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ryawee
Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 318is 5-Speed
every time I glance at this post for some reason my eyes combine the last two words and I keep reading "How do you remove fail"

Riley - 2001 330ci 5-speed, steel grey/black, sports package, premium package, winter package.