Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 06-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 F02 750Li
Instrument panel with leather finish

Does anyone have pictures of this option on a car vs. without?

I looked at a few on the lot yesterday and couldn't spot the difference between the dash of a car with this option vs without...

What am I missing here? For $1,200 I would expect a very noticeable difference.
Ads by Google
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Hi, I see that no one has replied with pics yet. I can offer my observations having seen both and buying one with leather dash. The option has nappa leather on the dash and top sections of the doors. It is quite smooth and looks "right". The standard treatment has a rough, grainy vinyl on the dash and door tops. Looks downscale/inconsistent to me.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks uglietta. I'll have to go take a look again now that I know what to look for.

If anyone else has pics, please post 'em.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to clambros Send a message via Yahoo to clambros
Mein Auto: '07 650i Convertible
I can get you a pic of my dash, but it has leather .. I can't offer you anything to compare it with.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:14 PM

OK, i went down to the delaer to do some more investigation about this. Honestly, the difference is not that big to me.

Even without this option, the dash and doors are still covered in what looks like leather, its just textured... not smooth like it is with the $1200 option. I think there is some nicer stitching as well.

Is the textured material not leather, but some kind of vinyl? I wish I would have taken some pics with my phone.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
People riding in the front passenger seat really do notice the leather and, particularly, the nice stitching. Once you've had the real thing, the leathery looking plastic dash looks very cheap.

Best regards.

Spiroman
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Mein Auto: '11 135i DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglietta View Post
hi, i see that no one has replied with pics yet. I can offer my observations having seen both and buying one with leather dash. The option has nappa leather on the dash and top sections of the doors. It is quite smooth and looks "right". The standard treatment has a rough, grainy vinyl on the dash and door tops. Looks downscale/inconsistent to me.
+1

when the car was launched at my dealer they had two test cars and one had the leather dash and one didn't. the non-leather dash looks cheap and out of place to me, especially since the Nappa leather seats are so smooth and lacking in grain. to see all that fake grain on the dash looks werid to me, so i made sure to get the leather dash.

Before my 3 series I had a Range Rover and bought it with 30k on it and it took me a good six months to find a car with the "luxury interior package" which among other things added a sort of "extended leather" package which included a leather stitched dash. honestly i know the 1200 seems frivolous but order it. you wont regret it. if i waited six months for a car to have it you can only imagine how much of a difference i think it makes. no matter what luxury car its in.

Last edited by freshwhite335; 07-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Munchen bound

Mein Auto: Ferrari
It's surprising that BMW does not include this in the price of its flagship model, but like another German manufacturer, Porsche, they charge for it now.

Really, the non leather one looks cheap and rubbery and I wouldn't dream of getting the car without it. And I have seen both, and felt both as I'm not one to pay $1,200 for a piece of leather and stitching, but it is just a have to in my opinion. You'll have to look at that cheesie cheap thing everytime you get in the car.

Amortize that our over 3 or four years and it's probably less that 30 cents everytime you get in the car (assuming a few exits and entrances everyday). I don't drink starcraps so I'll splurge.