Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

View Poll Results: Which tires would you choose for jetstream's car based on his needs?
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 21 55.26%
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
Just an update - I now have about 9K miles on the Goodyears and they're doing great. Haven't noticed any increase in road noise either.
Hi, I am currently doing a quite extensive research for tires and am currently between the Goodyear Assymetric 2 and Michelin PSS. With the PSS being quite more expensive, I am thinking of going for the GD which seem to be up there in the top 3

My only worry is wear..

I noticed that it has now been a while that you have had the Goodyears, at how many miles are you currently and how's the wear going?

I would highly appreciate your input!! Thnks
Old 02-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhawk View Post
Hi, I am currently doing a quite extensive research for tires and am currently between the Goodyear Assymetric 2 and Michelin PSS. With the PSS being quite more expensive, I am thinking of going for the GD which seem to be up there in the top 3

My only worry is wear..

I noticed that it has now been a while that you have had the Goodyears, at how many miles are you currently and how's the wear going?

I would highly appreciate your input!! Thnks
Sorry for the late reply. Haven't been around much.

16K miles on my Goodyears. I seem to post an update every year around this time so thought I'd report that these tires are still holding up well and I still believe they were the right decision.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535I Sport Pack
Michelin Pilot Super Sport

I just had Michelin Pilot Super Sport installed on my 2011 F10 (sport package) staggered wheels and they are phenomenal Best tire I have ever driven on will never go back to Contis
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535I Sport Pack
Michelin Pilot Super Sport

I just had Michelin Pilot Super Sport installed on my 2011 F10 (sport package) staggered wheels and they are phenomenal Best tire I have ever driven on I will never go back to Contis
Old 05-27-2012, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalle View Post
I just had Michelin Pilot Super Sport installed on my 2011 F10 (sport package) staggered wheels and they are phenomenal Best tire I have ever driven on I will never go back to Contis
Feel the same way - got PSS on Friday and wish I had done it sooner. Much better match to my 2003 330i with stock sport suspension: The ride and handling are improved in a very pleasing way and the tires are less noisy.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
Just replaced the rears after about 19,000 miles. It seemed low to me and Discount Tire agreed so they contacted Goodyear and Goodyear gave me an $85 credit per tire towards the purchase of replacement rear tires. Fronts still have a good 7 mm or so of tread depth but the rears were almost toast...About 2mm on one and slightly less on other other. I still like the tires, they ride great, quiet, good traction, and a great price.