Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-16-2009, 06:56 AM
BMW CCA Member #422645

Mein Auto: '09 335i xDrive Coupe
Tracking my 335i

I did some searching around the forums and found some older posts talking about http://www.2wglobal.com as the shipping company that sends new cars from Germany to the states. However, the instructions I found seem to be from an older version of the site (they were from over a year ago). It says to click on "Auto tracking" but I don't see that. I did click on "Track and Trace" but I'm not finding any information by using my VIN. The 800 number for BMW and my account on BMWUSA.com are both saying that the car is in transport to the port of exit (but that's been that way since Friday).

Is BMW still using this shipping company? Anyone have any updated instructions on how to trace the vehicle once on the ship?

Thanks!
Bob
Paddles | iDrive | Comfort Access | Logic7 | iPod | Smartphone | Sirius | PDC | 18" style 189's
]

Follow me on Twitter: Montego335xi
Ads by Google
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobReck View Post
I did some searching around the forums and found some older posts talking about http://www.2wglobal.com as the shipping company that sends new cars from Germany to the states. However, the instructions I found seem to be from an older version of the site (they were from over a year ago). It says to click on "Auto tracking" but I don't see that. I did click on "Track and Trace" but I'm not finding any information by using my VIN. The 800 number for BMW and my account on BMWUSA.com are both saying that the car is in transport to the port of exit (but that's been that way since Friday).

Is BMW still using this shipping company? Anyone have any updated instructions on how to trace the vehicle once on the ship?

Thanks!
Bob
The best way to figure out who has your car is to ask your CA once the car is officially in transit. Then begins that tough part which is figuring out how to determine where it is at. If you know what ship it is on (the name) and what port it comes in, then you can use the arriving port's website to track when it is scheduled to be in. My car came into the Port of Charleston and they had an excellent website posting their arrival and departure schedule.

Don't worry about that bald spot you are creating, it is normal to pull your hairs out tracking your new baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 AM
BMW CCA Member #422645

Mein Auto: '09 335i xDrive Coupe
So you know about the bald spots? LOL! I know my delivery date, but I still want to know where it is every step of the way. At least you all make me feel somewhat normal.

My CA was just laid off yesterday. New management apparently came in to the dealer I purchased from and he was a casualty of a reorg. He happens to be married to one of my wife's friends. He gave me a great deal without any negotiating. I was very happy with the whole process and it's gone very smooth. Then yesterday I get an email from my wife telling me he's no longer there and that I should expect a call soon from a new CA. At this point, I don't even know who to call. But if I don't get a call in a few days, I'll be going down there to meet whomever is my new CA.

Odd thing too... The last time I was there, one of his co-workers came up to me and said something like, "You're dealing with one of the best in the country here. He's one of the top BMW salesmen in the USA." I thought he was just blowing smoke, and my CA kinda shrugged it off. My wife asked his wife about it and said he's won some sort of award for sales. And then they let him go? Strange.

Bob
Paddles | iDrive | Comfort Access | Logic7 | iPod | Smartphone | Sirius | PDC | 18" style 189's
]

Follow me on Twitter: Montego335xi