Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '10 335i M-Sport
Dealer's Actual Cost = ( Invoice Price - Factory To Dealer Incentives - Factory Holdb

I found this formula on a New Car Buying Guide and I was wondering if anyone knows the Factory Dealer Incentives & Factory Holdback for 135i?

Thank you
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Now with added pep!

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 M5
No incentives no holdback.

You can get an additional $750 towards your lease though....

Or 2.9% financing.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 PM

That is currently...does this change or BMW never does holdback & Dealer incentives?

I know where to find BMW to Customer Incentives, but not BMW to Dealer Incentives
Old 06-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe, 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
That is currently...does this change or BMW never does holdback & Dealer incentives?

I know where to find BMW to Customer Incentives, but not BMW to Dealer Incentives
There might be a reason why you can't find BMW to Dealer incentives.

2012, 650i Coupe, Carbon Black, Black Nappa leather, M Sport , CWP,DAP, IAS, 20" Wheels,
BMWCCA Member since 07/2008
Old 06-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Chairman of the Bored

Mein Auto: 2013 650i Coupe
BMW to dealer incentives are known as trunk monkeys on this forum. That came from trunk money. There aren't any on the 135i now. BMW does not have a holdback system, they use customer satisfaction surveys instead. Edmunds has information about manufacturer to dealer incentives for all makes.

2012 328i Coupe
2013 650i Coupe ( retired for Porsche 911 )
Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Good answer thank you mclaren
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Ten2Six

Mein Auto: '11 550i
DVDA, sounds like you should be buying a GM product. You will be able to get a real nice deal there. You have a lot to learn if BMW is what you desire. Maybe you should start with a used BMW vehicle, maybe a 3 series from early 2000s like a 323i with about 90k on it. craigslist is your friend for that.

FYI, I'm not a dealer.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 PM

Wow BigPimp thanks for pointing out the obvious "I have a lot to learn." Why do you think im crusing the forums, reading car buying guides, looking up prices, finding out the dealer "extras" that try to scam you out of money? Its called doing my research and learning.

I am not an impluse buyer, I will do tons of research before stepping into a CA's office. If there is something I dont understand when I actually step into the showroom I will leave and return when I am certain.

If i learned anything from Law School it is to do research and be prepared for everything which is exactly what I am trying to do. But your reply with USELESS nonsense does not really help me further me knowledge.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Ten2Six

Mein Auto: '11 550i
Yeah yeah, blah blah, dork! Spend your 'lawyer money' and go buy a car already, quit wasting time, get a date or something tough guy. All this research BS just means you are afraid to overpay, cheapo! How about you get a recomended CA who won't bend you over too much and put you into the right car, at the right price. There, problem solved smooches! Otherwise, carry on with your research, don't forget to check Consumer Reports, smoochie!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM

Smoochie? I saw that once, I expected better from Robin Williams & Edward Norton...
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to fordan
Mein Auto: 2010 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimp View Post
Yeah yeah, blah blah, dork! Spend your 'lawyer money' and go buy a car already, quit wasting time, get a date or something tough guy. All this research BS just means you are afraid to overpay, cheapo! How about you get a recomended CA who won't bend you over too much and put you into the right car, at the right price. There, problem solved smooches! Otherwise, carry on with your research, don't forget to check Consumer Reports, smoochie!
I honestly don't see why you're being so hostile. He's asking reasonable questions about how the purchasing process works. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to be uninformed when negotiating.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
DVDA, I think that one poster's comments are far from representative of B'fest. I commend you for doing your research. There ARE sales associates at BMW dealerships who will happily deal with you and be very upfront about incentives; just requires a little looking around.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks All, I appreciate the help and support...dont worry about BigPimp he doesnt bother me all of your advice overshadows his hostility.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Don't let the comments from one ASS@#$%# get you discouraged. 99% of the people here want or wanted the best deal possible. If you are looking for a car and have time to wait, do ED and get the best deal plus a little vacation out of it

2007 Z4Mcoupe Monaco Blue #13/36
2003 Z4 3.0
1975 2002
2009 X535d Vermillion Red/Saddle (retired)
2008 E90 6Mt 335i ED 22 Jul (retired)
Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Hey lighten up, the guy is only asking questions that others would also want to know the answers to. Give him a break
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM

Mein Auto: 07 E90 335
Quote:
People like you are the reason other enthusiasts frown upon BMW owners.

How old are you anyway? If you are anywhere close to the age of a person who works for a living, you would realize that most people work hard for their money. What is so wrong with spending it wisely?

Go take a simple math lesson or see a therapist and report back here. Both should offer some help in becoming socially acceptable.

Idiot.

ED Pickup: 8/21/2009
ED Drop Off: 8/28/2009
Car on Ship: 9/10/2009 - Don Pasquale
Ship Arrival in NYC 9/21/2009
Cleared Customs: 9/25/2009
Re-delivery: 10/12/2009
Current Whippage: '07 E90 335i AW, Black Interior/Aluminum, 6MT, ZPP, ZSP, Navi, Butt Warmers, CA, 6FL . Delivered - Aug. 15th, 2007

Retired: '07 328XI E90,
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 328xiT & M roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
People like you are the reason other enthusiasts frown upon BMW owners.

How old are you anyway? ....
Your comment got me thinking (probably a mistake ), and I looked up his "Public Profile". I found some unintended humor:

Mini Statistics: Age 31
Join Date 09-27-2003
Total Posts 141

Friends: BigPimp has not made any friends yet.

Even stranger is this thread he started not quite two years ago.
Recent ED: 25 June 10, 328xiT in Red. Then headed SW to Italy & France. Flew home via Rome. Hoegh Kobe departed 22 July; unloaded at PH 17 Aug. Redelivery 11 Sept. (Re-redelivery 14 Sept....read the details here.)
Previous ED: 7 June 08, X3 3.0si in rosso corsa (*), then off to Italy, Austria, Slovenia. (*Note: A61 Crimson Red north of the Alps.)
Back-up vehicle (while waiting for re-deliveries): 1999 M Roadster in Estoril Blue.

Last edited by b-y; 06-18-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:27 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Wow BigPimp thanks for pointing out the obvious "I have a lot to learn." Why do you think im crusing the forums, reading car buying guides, looking up prices, finding out the dealer "extras" that try to scam you out of money? Its called doing my research and learning.

Quote:
Thanks All, I appreciate the help and support...dont worry about BigPimp he doesnt bother me all of your advice overshadows his hostility.
Just a note: Generally, you need at least a post count of 100 before you employ sarcasm in these threads.

Except for Poly Sci, where a post count of 50 is required before you are even allowed on that board, but, once on, sarcasm is permitted from the first post. If, however, you fail to employ sarcasm (or irony, derision, or some form of acerbity) by the 20th posting, you can get kicked out.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM

I guess I better start posting more often so I can get my permit Kamdog lol
Old 06-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-y View Post
Your comment got me thinking (probably a mistake ), and I looked up his "Public Profile". I found some unintended humor:

Join Date 09-27-2003
Total Posts 141

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 06-18-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto: '08 135 CV
Quote:

Join Date 09-27-2003
Total Posts 141

Funny stuff in light of his rant accusing DVDA of being cheap.

I laughed harder at this post:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=#post4147368

Of all the things to be concerned about when buying a used E60 M5 "Bigpimp" is most concerned about...fuel economy! Here's a newsflash genius, it has a V10 that drinks lots of gas.

Welcome DVDA, good to see another 1addict over this way.

Last edited by BWM135; 06-19-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
New Mommy to Kristopher

Mein Auto: 2009 328i convertible
Quote:

I am not an impluse buyer, I will do tons of research before stepping into a CA's office. If there is something I dont understand when I actually step into the showroom I will leave and return when I am certain.

If i learned anything from Law School it is to do research and be prepared for everything which is exactly what I am trying to do. But your reply with USELESS nonsense does not really help me further me knowledge.
Hi DVDA...your response made me smile. I don't know about you, but I got pretty used to people spouting useless nonsense in law school. Helping them actually craft an argument was such an amusing pasttime. In fact, I used to help defense attorneys do it when I was prosecuting.

I did the exact same thing you are doing now just a few weeks ago. There's some valuable info on this site and I got a GREAT deal. Too bad you aren't in Seattle. I'd hook you up with my CA! He was a class act!

Proud owner of a 2009 328i convertible, black sapphire, black leather, ZCW, ZPP, ZSP, 2XA, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, Nav, L7, Smartphone/IPOD/USB

LIFE IS GOOD!!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 AM

Glad I could make you smile Divergirl...ask your CA if he will do free shipping to South Florida and we can talk lol :-)

Prosecutor eh? tough job, lot of respect for you. I grew up wanting to be a Deputy District Attorney but when I got to law school and came to shocking realization that I was AWFUL at Crim Law, Crim Pro and Con Law.

I ended up being the best at Torts, Civ Pro, Civ Trial & Products Liability...funny how things work out.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 750li
Hold back

There is hold back from BMW!!! it is a little more complicated then most manufacturers programs for two reasons 1st not all dealers qualify for the program but in general any large dealership will. 2nd it is based on sales by month so qualifying dealers might not get the full 3% but the vast majority do! It is entirely possible to get a dealer to sell a car just for their hold back or less.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Quote:

Join Date 09-27-2003
Total Posts 141

NOW THIS IS A GREAT BIT OF RESEARCH !!!!!! LMAO

What a douche !!! But we should have known that from is name alone

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ