BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My new 09 Z4 35i

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gotoschoolhere 
#1 ·
Did the European Delivery on Memorial Day. Great experience. Would highly recommend it. The new Z4 is a great driving roadster. We traveled the next week throughout Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, and Germany. It is scheduled to arrive at our dealer next week. Can't wait. Here are a couple of pics........

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad to hear you enjoyed the drive. I was individual picking up my black Z4 30 that same morning at the Welt with my son. We also had a great time putting the car through its paces in Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland. A lot of aggressive alpine driving along with a fair amount of autobahn cruising, including an extended run at the car's limits on the last day. We ended up putting just over 2500 km on the car before we turned it in on July 1st. I pick it up next Friday at the Performance Center. No regrets, love the car, though if I lived somewhere where I would be driving aggressively on mountain roads I would opt for the 35 with the flat torque profile. Since I don't, the 30 is perfect for me and worth the dollars I saved.

#4 ·
What a great experience. I could tell you were just as excited as I was. You will love the performance center. We picked up my 535xi there two years ago and then drove through S and N Carolina and the Blue Ridge mountains.

I would suggest that if you have not driven the "Tail of the Dragon" which is in the corner of S.Carolina and Tennessee, you must do it. Especially in your new Z4. Just google "tail of the dragon" and you can get all the info you need to do the "tail".

BTW, are you planning to go to ZFEST in Cincinnati over Labor Day? If not but would consider it, just go to ZFEST.COM.

Hope we meet up again. Enjoy your great roadster..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.