Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #44351  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
new sig broseph
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44352  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Gooby's Avatar
Gooby Gooby is offline
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord
Location: Streetz of B'
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,521
Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Frank I unplugged it and still no flames...

In fact, nothing changed.
__________________

Instagram | @randytheus
  #44353  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
cj.surr's Avatar
cj.surr cj.surr is online now
some kid
Location: Ithaca, NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,404
Mein Auto: whiny 318
There's a magical connector that prevents your car from shooting flames??
__________________
-CJ

  #44354  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
so when you are hanging gear at 3500-4k and you feather the throttle a touch just enough to hear a loud crack do you hear louder backfires?
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44355  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
crisscross's Avatar
crisscross crisscross is online now
Just living MY dream
Location: Best country on Earth
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,578
Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
whats your exhaust setup like and what tune are you running?
m52 headers, obd1 midpipe, no name catback...

Dinan stage 1 tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptinKP View Post
Frank I unplugged it and still no flames...

In fact, nothing changed.
Maddie isn't a flamer I guess...
__________________
-Alan


Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
  #44356  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
When I connected the icv on my car it wouldnt backfire at all and never shoot flames

as soon as I unplug it she goes nuts doing what you see in my sig
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44357  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Gooby's Avatar
Gooby Gooby is offline
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord
Location: Streetz of B'
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,521
Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
so when you are hanging gear at 3500-4k and you feather the throttle a touch just enough to hear a loud crack do you hear louder backfires?
Nope nothing...it sounds the same...just "muffled" backfire noises. =/

I left it unplugged tho and gonna continue to drive it and see if anything changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Maddie isn't a flamer I guess...
I'm pissed. The 318 shoots flames but the M3 doesnt? Doesnt make sense!
__________________

Instagram | @randytheus
  #44358  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:57 PM
crisscross's Avatar
crisscross crisscross is online now
Just living MY dream
Location: Best country on Earth
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,578
Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
You must need to run richer....
__________________
-Alan


Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
  #44359  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 PM
drive by72's Avatar
drive by72 drive by72 is offline
I feed trolls
Location: Snowy Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,950
Mein Auto: 3 series
my car backfires too, but the flame gets lost in the cats
__________________

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
  #44360  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
hmm you have that one big muffler out back correct? any other resonators/mufflers in your setup?

remember the pipe has to be hot it wont backfire crazy loud as soon as you drive around
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44361  
Old 11-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
my car doesnt run rich its on 17lb injectors afr is 13.5ish:1
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44362  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Gooby's Avatar
Gooby Gooby is offline
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord
Location: Streetz of B'
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,521
Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
hmm you have that one big muffler out back correct? any other resonators/mufflers in your setup?

remember the pipe has to be hot it wont backfire crazy loud as soon as you drive around
Yeah, headers, resonator, muffler. Thats all.

And yeah I know. I drove it around and filmed for like an hour and was gunning it everywhere...lol...
__________________

Instagram | @randytheus
  #44363  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
lol damn

Is the rear muffler a straight through design ?

and where do you hear the muffled backfires? as in what section of the exhaust can you say it is
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44364  
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
btw if you hear in the video of me racing the gti I plip the throttle inbetween shifts
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44365  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
I guess its past everyones bedtime
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44366  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Gooby's Avatar
Gooby Gooby is offline
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord
Location: Streetz of B'
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,521
Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
I guess its past everyones bedtime
I'm being rebelious tonight.

I'm staying up untill 11!!!
__________________

Instagram | @randytheus
  #44367  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Gooby's Avatar
Gooby Gooby is offline
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord
Location: Streetz of B'
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,521
Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
lol damn

Is the rear muffler a straight through design ?

and where do you hear the muffled backfires? as in what section of the exhaust can you say it is
Aren't all magnaflows straight through?

And I hear/feel it like right under me I guess, so midpipe area ish?
__________________

Instagram | @randytheus
  #44368  
Old 11-22-2011, 12:03 AM
I Love My E36's Avatar
I Love My E36 I Love My E36 is offline
Haters Gonna Hate
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,458
Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Now im pissed too.. I want my ///M3 to shoot giant fire balls too..
__________________
  #44369  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 AM
drivinfaster's Avatar
drivinfaster drivinfaster is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: in the sticks you piney
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,529
Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
my car doesnt run rich its on 17lb injectors afr is 13.5ish:1
13.5ish is rich...

lean would be 15.5, and the like...



df
__________________
  #44370  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Mr Gusta's Avatar
Mr Gusta Mr Gusta is offline
Fireballs inc.
Location: long Island
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,226
Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
13.5 is dang near perfect 14:1 is perfect
__________________

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
  #44371  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 AM
BMRfanatic's Avatar
BMRfanatic BMRfanatic is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Shore MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,982
Mein Auto: Bad Luck 46
sooo i can shoot flames by unplugging my ICV?

pretty sure im running rich because of my o2 fault
__________________

-Dino
  #44372  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 AM
drive by72's Avatar
drive by72 drive by72 is offline
I feed trolls
Location: Snowy Wisconsin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,950
Mein Auto: 3 series
I'm waiting for all of us to try this and then all have the same problem that is the result of unplugging the icv
__________________

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
  #44373  
Old 11-22-2011, 06:18 AM
BMRfanatic's Avatar
BMRfanatic BMRfanatic is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Shore MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,982
Mein Auto: Bad Luck 46
but whats the worse that can happen

__________________

-Dino
  #44374  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Ryan...'s Avatar
Ryan... Ryan... is offline
Please, call me Brian.
Location: Madison WI
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,515
Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Last night I took my oldest brother out to the marsh for the first time; ended up sliding off the road at about 45mph and came to a halt about 4ft from a gigantic culvert that I've somehow never seen before. We were in 2ft of mud/standing water, l rocked it back n forth a little bit, then powered my way out. Needless to say, it was an @ss puckering moment for sure, and I'm going to avoid doing that crap at night anymore...
__________________
  #44375  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I Love My E36's Avatar
I Love My E36 I Love My E36 is offline
Haters Gonna Hate
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,458
Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Last night I took my oldest brother out to the marsh for the first time; ended up sliding off the road at about 45mph and came to a halt about 4ft from a gigantic culvert that I've somehow never seen before. We were in 2ft of mud/standing water, l rocked it back n forth a little bit, then powered my way out. Needless to say, it was an @ss puckering moment for sure, and I'm going to avoid doing that crap at night anymore...
I know that feeling .... when you go somewhere just to have a little bit of fun and it all goes wrong. ****ty feeling. :/
__________________
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
12-6 cloud: yes or no?, :3, because racemower!!, chads looking for a new audi, no tag integrity pls, pls stop erasing da damn tags, what's integrity?, whats audi?, you guys crack me up...


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms