Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
some kid

Mein Auto: whiny 318
Chad, this Krista looks like you with a broken back and nice ass

Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive by72 View Post
This is Krista

Yeah, TJ's car is teh sechs. It was sent to Dinan early on in its life, and basically babied from there. Hes the 3rd or 4th owner of it (cant remember, blame teh alcohol). You can eat off of that thing
NOW I remember her

Is TJ on any other forums?
Old 10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Needs Boost

Mein Auto: Red Sled
More pictures of these brembos and this Krista meow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 M3 ZCP,04 z4,01 325iT
Now I understand why I couldn't keep up with Young Ken and CJ when the put the hammer down on the way to Bimmerfest East....I had noooo chance whatsover...

"Don't be fooled, she drives with the aggression of a scorned 17 year old"
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
NOW I remember her

Is TJ on any other forums?
he's on bf.c but he doesnt remember his name. i asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
Chad, this Krista looks like you with a broken back and nice ass
Nice ass is an understatement

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

Wait. The rest are being edited as we speak

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM

Hey, serious car question here ;-P

Should I wait to post my accidentmobile for sale until the insurance settlement is completed? I had one guy email me about it, but no one else with serious interest on an e46 Fanatics feeler thread. Interested to know how much it will fetch in open market (may drive how stubborn I may be with insurance) Thoughts?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: Bad Luck 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive by72 View Post
This is Krista

Yeah, TJ's car is teh sechs. It was sent to Dinan early on in its life, and basically babied from there. Hes the 3rd or 4th owner of it (cant remember, blame teh alcohol). You can eat off of that thing

sup guys

-Dino
Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieTechie View Post
Now I understand why I couldn't keep up with Young Ken and CJ when the put the hammer down on the way to Bimmerfest East....I had noooo chance whatsover...
Meee too

-Dino
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I feed trolls

Mein Auto: 3 series
Uh oh... it appears I have excited the forum... Cant wait to see what Chad says about this

RIP Ben "Jever" Doebele, we wont forget you

Please, call me Chadley

1997 328iS... HR coilovers, Brembo F40 calipers, camber plates, it needs a CUMMINS!!

1990-somethin Chevy K3500... Cummins, cab swap, 5 speed, and lots of motor work. 20 MPG, 40 PSI, 507 ft/lbs torque
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
some kid

Quote:
Hey, serious car question here ;-P

Should I wait to post my accidentmobile for sale until the insurance settlement is completed? I had one guy email me about it, but no one else with serious interest on an e46 Fanatics feeler thread. Interested to know how much it will fetch in open market (may drive how stubborn I may be with insurance) Thoughts?
I thought you were gonna fix it up and sell? You could maximize your profit that way.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Couple cell phone pics from the adventure with Jen on Saturday

-Dino
Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I thought you were gonna fix it up and sell? You could maximize your profit that way.
CJ...I was considering it. But I have a house to renovate and I don't have the time or skills needed. So, I'm going to sell as is. Here is my album

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...YsWblq0ZsWTCMg

Last edited by TechieTechie; 10-21-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 AM
still learnin'

Mein Auto: 1998 328i / 99 540iA
Quote:
CJ...I was considering it. But I have a house to renovate and I don't have the time or skills needed. So, I'm going to sell as is. Here is my album

Such a nice car. such a shame to see it this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
I'm married so I shouldn't ask this... but glad you did

I got to work today early and parked in the back lot/side lot out in the middle of the lot. There is a really nice silver M3/4/5 that parks in the back lot and I have yet to catch the guy. He works for a different company. Such a nice car... I keep hoping he'll park near me some day

I saw a nice Porsche Cayenne parked in the garage. Had a fogged headlight, a torn seat on the inside, missing a center cap, and a broke rear wiper. I hate seeing nice cars look this way.

On another note. I'm calling VZW this morning, and willing giving up my unlimited data plan and move into a share everything plan. My wife and I are using about .5 GB's a data combined. owell... maybe I can reduce my $160 bill a few dollars.

And- I can not believe what a difference replacing the rear shocks has made to my car. I thought it was just stiff suspension, but nope... blown shocks. Car handles much better! Thgouh, I'm due for an alignment. I think the back is off... i'll snap a pic, but it looks funny.
Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 10-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Santa

Mein Auto: 95 M3 --- 98 Camry D/D
Saw a Panemera 4S on the way to school and a Honda accord with a bungee cord to hold down the trunk

Oh and for the DTM fans

This weekend, a full season converges in one single race and BMW M has the chance to write history. The DTM Finals. Go Bruno!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M DTM.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	346923  

1998 Camry- DD Duty
1995 M3 Avus- Money Pit
1998 323IS- Sold/Satan Car
1993 318IS-Totaled
1995 325i-Lux- Sold
Why you don't buy Meyle suspension stuff -http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ostcount=86094

Last edited by bimmer claus; 10-22-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: A redhead E90
Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about my car is slooooooow

Quote:
Drop the clutch, proceed and ain't care.
  • '06 325xi 6MT
Old 10-22-2012, 06:31 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
I'm married so I shouldn't ask this... but glad you did

I saw a nice Porsche Cayenne parked in the garage. Had a fogged headlight, a torn seat on the inside, missing a center cap, and a broke rear wiper. I hate seeing nice cars look this way.

On another note. I'm calling VZW this morning, and willing giving up my unlimited data plan and move into a share everything plan. My wife and I are using about .5 GB's a data combined. owell... maybe I can reduce my $160 bill a few dollars.
A. I probably would have been more interested if she didn't look like she had a back deformity. Not a good pose.

B. I've never liked the Cayenne. I remember sitting in the Touareg at the auto show when it came out, and going over to the Cayenne and wondering why such an expensive car had an interior that felt like a big step down in quality and luxury from a freaking Volkswagen. Also wondered why it came with a VR6 to move a 5000# SUV.
But- I've heard the Turbo S is a rocket and they all drive well, and Brittany has always liked them, so one may show up in my driveway eventually.

C. Don't do this unless you're saving like $80+/mo, which I doubt. The future is VoLTE which will drop the CDMA radio and run your voice calls over the 4G network as data packets, just like VOIP. They'll drop minutes altogether and your voice calls will count against your data. You want to be prepared with unlimited data when that time comes.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 AM
still learnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
But- I've heard the Turbo S is a rocket and they all drive well, and Brittany has always liked them, so one may show up in my driveway eventually.

C. Don't do this unless you're saving like $80+/mo, which I doubt. The future is VoLTE which will drop the CDMA radio and run your voice calls over the 4G network as data packets, just like VOIP. They'll drop minutes altogether and your voice calls will count against your data. You want to be prepared with unlimited data when that time comes.
How about $55 dollars! I was missing out on an 18% work discount too because the line was in my Wifes name... only way to change the account name was to loose the unlimited data. and VZW will be doing away with this anyway. Just watch
ohhh and I now get unlimited minutes, which is pretty useful because I'll be working from home 2 or 3 days a week stating end of Nov. That alone is worth it to me! And we upgraded to the 4s about 4 months ago, and signed new 2 year agreements, however, VZW will only transfer over up to 12 months of any agreement. SO, only have a year left

the S model is WICKED fast! Drove one while out in SF going up to Napa. quite fun!

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Probably shoulda switched out the wheels. Unless you decided to let em go?

-Dino
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I Am The Machine

Quote:
How about $55 dollars! I was missing out on an 18% work discount too because the line was in my Wifes name... only way to change the account name was to loose the unlimited data. and VZW will be doing away with this anyway. Just watch
ohhh and I now get unlimited minutes, which is pretty useful because I'll be working from home 2 or 3 days a week stating end of Nov. That alone is worth it to me! And we upgraded to the 4s about 4 months ago, and signed new 2 year agreements, however, VZW will only transfer over up to 12 months of any agreement. SO, only have a year left

the S model is WICKED fast! Drove one while out in SF going up to Napa. quite fun!
I'd probably pass (but then I use a lot of data, about 2GB/mo for me, 1 for Brit, and 1.5 on my tablet). The only reason they give free minutes is to get you accustomed to the idea of minutes going away soon. Seriously, once VoLTE gets rolled out and all voice and data is running over 4G as data, you'll want your unlimited back. Also, while carriers frequently change their plan offerings, usually grandfathered plans continue to exist for a long time. My grandpa is still on a plan ATT hasn't offered since like 1999 except for adding data.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using BimmerApp

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
nothing.

Mein Auto: A dream
i use like 500mbs a month....
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 AM
still learnin'

understood- but i'd rather have a smaller phone bill... plus FIOS will bundle and offer me another discount thtere.

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 AM
some kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
I'd probably pass (but then I use a lot of data, about 2GB/mo for me, 1 for Brit, and 1.5 on my tablet). The only reason they give free minutes is to get you accustomed to the idea of minutes going away soon. Seriously, once VoLTE gets rolled out and all voice and data is running over 4G as data, you'll want your unlimited back. Also, while carriers frequently change their plan offerings, usually grandfathered plans continue to exist for a long time. My grandpa is still on a plan ATT hasn't offered since like 1999 except for adding data.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using BimmerApp
Yeah, but right now the only way to get the unlimited data is to be grandfathered in. By the time VoLTE rolls around, I'd bet they will completely abolish unlimited data, or set up a new pricing system.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I6 feels good

Mein Auto: POS
Peter, Patrick Pedro... Sory I forgot your name lol

Keep your unlimited data plan!!! No matter how much you save, its still worth it!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I Am The Machine

Quote:
understood- but i'd rather have a smaller phone bill... plus FIOS will bundle and offer me another discount thtere.
Suit yourself

Quote:
Yeah, but right now the only way to get the unlimited data is to be grandfathered in. By the time VoLTE rolls around, I'd bet they will completely abolish unlimited data, or set up a new pricing system.

Right, which is why of you're grandfathered in like me or Patrick I would never want to drop that.
Typically carriers don't change a contract that's already grandfathered in, they just try to make it appealing for people to change. I think paying more in the short term is worth it, they're arrest talking About how VoLTE will have "HD quality voice" (whatever the hell that is, I love made up marketing terms) but it could be data intensive if it really is good quality so I'd want plenty of data.

Verizon did set up a new pricing structure which I think is tailored specifically for VoLTE, everything is completely unlimited in all plans except for the data, that's entirely what your plan is based on. It's because very soon, there will be no more "voice", it will all be packet data on the 4G network so they want to get people used to paying for data and forgetting about minutes. As long as I can keep unlimited data I'm going to - apps just keep getting more data intensive as capabilities increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad31late View Post

Keep your unlimited data plan!!! No matter how much you save, its still worth it!!!
This.

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
still learnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad31late View Post

To late... its gone.

Quote:
because of this ^
from what I understand, VZW will be doing away with unlimited plans, and already are. If you get a new phone and sign a new contract, you are forced into the tiered plan. SO, unless you keep your phone, or always buy them with no contract (aka used or at full price), then you lose the unlimited plan.

I'd rather save the money- once I combine the work discount I'll get, the FIOS bundle discount, and move into tiered data- i'm look at about a $75 savings.
Do that x12 months = $900 (and it'll probably just go into the 328 )

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Closed Thread