Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
Lol, this is toooo good.

But why did you give him your real address? (if that's it)
All info I gave him that he did not know all ready was fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Looks like a church to me
I did not know that. The street number I gave was the first 4 numbers I hit on the keyboard.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
I did not feel like messing with the other scammer so I told her to fcuk off here are the emails.
Scammer:
“Hi,
I have paid for the item via paypal and with the shipping cost of 50 dollars via royal mail international delivery to my son. Please send the item to my son address below. This is the shipping address where the item will be send to.

Name: Ekoh Smith
Address: Blk 498, Flat 1 Abesan
Estate
City: Ipaja
State: Lagos
Zip code: 23401

I await your respond with the royal mail tracking number asap today

Thanks”

Me:
“You can send as many fake eBay and PayPal emails as you what but you ain't getting this iPhone bitch. I hope you die a slow, painful death you mother ****ing (fcuking) scammer ass hole.
Suck my balls”

Scammer:

Me:
“Guess what bitch, your email is fake and my account is fine. Maw ha ha!”

This scammer appears to be a different person than the first one because she want the IPhone ship to stereotypical Nigeria but they are probably friends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 1.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	351680   Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay 2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	351681  

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Alex this is great.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Chad whats the good news? Car running yet?

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 12-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I Am The Machine

No sir. I only had a part of last Sunday to work on it and will have some of this Sunday to work on it. Hoping to get it most of the way done but likely not finished this Sunday. Just had way too much going on lately. On the plus side it's because projects at work are actually moving along like they need to.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieTechie View Post
Happy belated birthday Alan..you sneaky little devil, you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark11235 View Post
Happy brith-yesterday, crisscross.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmybimmer View Post
Chad whats the good news? Car running yet?

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3(sold) 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5(sold)

-2000 F250 V10
-2004 GMC Yukon Denali

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
IM DA BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
No sir. I only had a part of last Sunday to work on it and will have some of this Sunday to work on it. Hoping to get it most of the way done but likely not finished this Sunday. Just had way too much going on lately. On the plus side it's because projects at work are actually moving along like they need to.
Ughhh shoulda been done the day we worked on it! lol hopefully it gets done soon mang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Thanks!

Alan!! Sap broo!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
Hey mang!

Is it raining there? It hasn't started here yet..... just super windy

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3(sold) 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5(sold)

-2000 F250 V10
-2004 GMC Yukon Denali

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
IM DA BES

Its been raining since like Wednesday loll =/.. I no likey mann, keeps me indoors and that's no good

Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
nothing.

Mein Auto: 328xi
http://carschtuff.net/cl/?id=1072860&vid=20061492 for jen
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 M3 ZCP,04 z4,01 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight Thirty View Post
Hey....someone stole the top half of my car!

Actually, there were a lot of Mystic Blue 'vertes for sale when I was looking....but no coupes. A coupe in that color was my goal..but I ended up with mine instead....

"Don't be fooled, she drives with the aggression of a scorned 17 year old"

Last edited by TechieTechie; 12-02-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Needs Boost

Mein Auto: Red Sled
I want/need a credit card to get some more credit history. I will use it for whatever but I'm mainly thinking for online purchases, car parts, maybe gas or food too.

Advice? Brands? Cue Chad even though he'll still be asleep.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App

Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 AM
King of Drone

Mein Auto: Bavarian Bombshell
If you haven't had a card yet you might have the best luck getting one with Capitol One. That's who mine is with because I had zero credit history.

Am I completely insane for wanting something like this? http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...31851469&Log=0

250hp, Turbo V6, FWD, not-awful mileage, tons of options, leather, 6spd, and fun to drive for $7-9k.

There are enough of these around so that parts shouldn't be an issue, and as far as I can tell, they are actually pretty reliable if you stay away from the 03-04s.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 AM
still learnin'

Mein Auto: 1998 328i / 99 540iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
I want/need a credit card to get some more credit history. I will use it for whatever but I'm mainly thinking for online purchases, car parts, maybe gas or food too.

You want to look for a card that will give you something in return. IE rewards, or cash back (which is my favorite).
It's best to pay the card off in full each month. This will ensure good credit, and good history. Carrying a balance isn't that bad, but isn't great.
Have a read through this too...
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...redit-6000.php

Now: personal preference: I use capital one credit card with the cash back. I pay it in full each month. Actually I pay the current balance each Friday. This is a little excessive, but helps me manage my funds.
This cap one card has a higher interest rate (19%). So if paying in full each month is something you can't do, go for a credit union.

Gotta run baby crying....

Edit: I also use a TDbank card. Interest rate around 13%. They reduce it a bit every so often of paying on time.

If you do t qualify for a credit card, another good option is a secured credit card. This is where you place a deposit and they give you that as a credit limit. For example. You place a 1,000 bucks down, and they give you 1,000 in credit. You still pay it off each month. Gradually they believe that you are responsible and then remove the deposit requirement.

Also: not sure if things are different up there in the woods.
Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)

Last edited by TheFinanceGuy; 12-02-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Quote:

Chad is definitely the expert here, but I have been told by banks that credit cards really don't do anything beneficial for your credit score/history. They told me credit history generated from credit cards is considered "soft credit", and doesn't really help with things like getting approved for bigger loans in the future (car loans, house loans, etc.). I could've been misinformed, though.

Quote:
If you haven't had a card yet you might have the best luck getting one with Capitol One. That's who mine is with because I had zero credit history.
Isn't Capital One known for being one of the worst credit cards available in terms of they ways they screw you over in the fine print? I've always heard that they're total crooks. I don't have a credit card, and know nothing about them, but it seems most of the people I know like American Express when it comes to good terms & conditions and rewards.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 AM
still learnin'

Amex is the worst.... IMO.
They have fees that are high, and are pretty quick to charge fees for other things.

Cap one is okay is you pay them off in full each month. Leaning a balance with them can be hard as they do sneaky things.

Credit cards do help/and hurt your credit history. For example when applying for a car loan, you typically need 3 to 5 open lines of active credit to have a history. This should be from different sources, like school loans, it even a cell phone/utility bill.

One of the bigger concerns when getting a loan is you debt to income ratio. Something that I am tapped out on. Despite making over 100k a year, I can't get another auto loan! Having two mortgages hurts quite a bit, however my credit score is near the top.

The whole FICO score thing is dumb... As are everything else. Owell. It's all a game!

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Need Some Low

Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Credit cards do have an impact on your credit score and credit worthiness as seen by lenders. Credit cards are considered revolving credit and is scored according to credit available. That's why most financial experts will tell you to avoid carrying a large balance on your accounts. Keep your balance below 20-30% of your limit and your credit score will be happy

The shot heard 'round the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
That presenter is getting waaay too worked up over a tarted up VW Golf.

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 AM
nothing.

Mein Auto: 328xi
Long term credit cards help.

short term means nothing (like month the month)

Believe it or not. Applying for a credit card hurts you. but then you build it back up when you get the card.

Things that will lower your credit score are:

more than 2 credit checks/pulls within a 6 month time. This means applying for credit cards too. anything where they are checking your credit. you have to make sure its not more than 2 checks/6months. even if you have no credit, vendors can see this and deny you for this reason alone.

Using your card for all of your spending limit. you never want your credit card to be maxxed out. or even close to that matter i keep mine at 60%

having a balance on your credit card is OKAY! what is not okay is not making regular payments. the only reason people dont like using credit cards honestly is the interest, its a stupid way to waste money for nothing. if you want something and you cant have it yet. save up, dont waste your hard earned money on crappy interest. (sorry chad)

I have a FICO score of 783 and i have 900$ zero interest till august 2013 and its not hurting my credit to have that on there. the minimum payment is 25$ a month so i pay 250$

Car loans help your credit too.

enseriojose: you can go to like 75% of your card. not 20-30% but hey... less debt is less debt.

Last edited by Eight Thirty; 12-02-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
They have fees that are high, and are pretty quick to charge fees for other things.
Yeah, I'm really clueless when it comes to credit cards. I just know that I've seen some of my friends work Amex pretty hard for perks & rewards.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord

Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
364 days till mine
Happy birthday!!!! They grow up so fast...

*tears of joy*

Instagram | @randytheus
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I Am The Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmybimmer View Post
Ughhh shoulda been done the day we worked on it! lol hopefully it gets done soon mang.
It's mostly cuz I suck at wiring things. I spent all last Sunday trying to route wires to the right places and connect them. Not sure what to do about the reverse light switch, since the donor car was an auto the tranny connector is totally different. Oh well.
Quote:

I'm assuming you're getting a crap-ton of mail offers. Some of them are fine, others are going to screw you over. Especially with starter cards, some of them have egregious penalty rates and annual fees without any benefits. You may not get a card with perks at first, but just be choosy about fees to begin. Then get into perks when you have more history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
Chad is definitely the expert here, but I have been told by banks that credit cards really don't do anything beneficial for your credit score/history. They told me credit history generated from credit cards is considered "soft credit", and doesn't really help with things like getting approved for bigger loans in the future (car loans, house loans, etc.). I could've been misinformed, though.

Isn't Capital One known for being one of the worst credit cards available in terms of they ways they screw you over in the fine print?
Whoever told you that was dreadfully misinformed. Credit is credit. The one distinction is "lenders of last resort" like title loans, they will make people think you're desperate on the written report but IIRC still won't have an effect on your FICO. But credit card, auto loan, mortgage, any of them count the exact same for having credit.

Brittany & I have never had a car loan. Ever. We each have one very small student loan from incidentals in school and the rest is just credit cards. It's more than sufficient to have a good score and get us approved for a home mortgage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post

Cap one is okay is you pay them off in full each month. Leaning a balance with them can be hard as they do sneaky things.

Credit cards do help/and hurt your credit history. For example when applying for a car loan, you typically need 3 to 5 open lines of active credit to have a history. This should be from different sources, like school loans, it even a cell phone/utility bill.

One of the bigger concerns when getting a loan is you debt to income ratio. Something that I am tapped out on. Despite making over 100k a year, I can't get another auto loan! Having two mortgages hurts quite a bit, however my credit score is near the top.

The whole FICO score thing is dumb... As are everything else. Owell. It's all a game!
Amex the worst? Erm...no. Except for one product, they're all charge cards, not credit cards. It's designed to be paid off in full every month - and you get very good perks for doing so. Yeah, if you don't pay it off it gets pricey, but that's because it's being used in a way it's not intended for.

I also have a Cap1 from when I started building history and it's OK. They don't raise your limit by anything appreciable until you get another card from a real company with a real limit, then they scramble to bring it up so they don't lose you. Also, they report mine OK but I've heard stories from others that they report your high balance as your credit limit, so if you have a limit of 3,000 but only charged 800, and paid a month so now you're at 700 it looks like you're at 700/800 instead of 700/3000 which will do a number on your score.

Alternative credit (utility bills and such) can only be used if you don't have enough lines of credit, not if you have negative lines of credit to replace them.

And yes, DTI is very important, and the allowable DTI often varies based on your score. Low score will mean lower allowable DTI.
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
You're a derbanana
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
still learnin'

I had to deal with Amex on a vendor side, and from that they are awful! They charge incredibly high fees to accept, and are really bad about paying the vendor.
That's where my opinion comes in about them being terrible.

On a different note. I've had terrible luck today. Got spit up on by the little one, then I stepped in cat puke. Bought the wrong outdoor light (realized it after I put it up). Sigh. Time for bed and start over.

Oh and I still have about 5 hours of work to complete.

99 540i TiAg
98 328i hellrot (sold)
96 318iC black (sold)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:56 PM
His Name is Carlos

Mein Auto: 98 M3
New titanium exhaust and the factory launch control = happines

Last edited by kanovic; 12-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:26 PM
some kid

Mein Auto: whiny 318
Saweet. Did it shoot flames before the titanium exhaust?

Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
His Name is Carlos

Mein Auto: 98 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
Saweet. Did it shoot flames before the titanium exhaust?
Yea. It does not have any cats or anything just a 3" from turbo back.