Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ryawee
Mein Auto: 1995 BMW 318is 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbarbie View Post
Here's some more of mine, taken with a real camera instead of just my phone. Also not in the rain

Photobucket

The screw cover thingy I used:

Photobucket

To show the color match of the red fabric:

Photobucket

I have a question, why are all the pictures titled "junk to sell"? and who's Jetta is in the background?

Riley - 2001 330ci 5-speed, steel grey/black, sports package, premium package, winter package.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Official Queen of E36 OT

Send a message via AIM to bimmerbarbie
Mein Auto: 93ish 325ish
Because I was in a hurry and didn't change the file name they were uploaded to from my camera. I'm lazy like that; I'll get annoyed of misplaced files eventually and go on a reorganizing craze. The Jetta is the one I always bitch about. There's a Pontiac Solstice in one of the pictures too, look through the window. Those cars are freaking claustrophobic... Seriously, the cab is TINY! I'm little and it still felt like I was suffocating when I drove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
... We all kinda just ignore Amber (barbie) anyway. She's sort of our attitude and eye candy here, that's why we keep her around...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Fireballs inc.

Send a message via AIM to Mr Gusta
Mein Auto: big turbo hellrot sedan
well i got something for off topic just got back from the er yesterday and i tore the ligaments in my ankle playing ball at the park

doc says im out for 12-16 weeks

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Life finds a way

Mein Auto: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT
John 3:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by youraveragepunt View Post
blimey looks like me shelia has done a right number on this one....
Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
well i got something for off topic just got back from the er yesterday and i tore the ligaments in my ankle playing ball at the park

doc says im out for 12-16 weeks
Ouch. Love the BMW logo. Is that an "AirCast" or just a brace?
I'm surprised you're out for that long. Does that mean you're in the brace that whole time? When I friggin broke my ankle (not even a clean break) I was only in the AirCast thing for around 7 weeks. After 2 weeks I was taking it off and lacing a shoe up tight for driving, 4 weeks I was riding a bicycle carrying my crutches around with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNRC View Post

What the hell?!
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Official Queen of E36 OT

That's some crazy randomness Derek! My dog would hide in the bathroom for hours after something like that.

Sucks about the injury! No fun at all.

Quote:
... We all kinda just ignore Amber (barbie) anyway. She's sort of our attitude and eye candy here, that's why we keep her around...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Search Button Upper Right

Mein Auto: E36 95 325IS Black/Black
omg, i just watched that dog for like 5 minutes,

epic
Bilstien PSS9's / SPC Rear Control Arms / DDM Smoked Corners, Sides, Tails / K&N FIPK2 / CXRacing All Aluminum Radiator w Aluminum Shroud and Electric Fan / Stewart Components Waterpump / Aluminum Tstat Housing / SamcoSport Coolant Hoses / Fan Delete Mod - 14" Electric Pull Fan / UBERGROUND Battery Cable / NGK Ir.IX Plugs / Royal Purple Fluids for; Engine, Differential, Transmission, Power Steering.
. SOLD
MEMBER OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE SECRET CLUB ON THE 'FEST
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Fireballs inc.

Nah I'm in it for like 6 weeks I'm saying 12 weeks before I can touch a basketball. In all honesty I've been crawling everywhere I'm going it sucks terribly. I can't even drive michelle(my e36) at all this is so depressinggg

Turbo lag is just a headstart because the chase is more exciting than the win - Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Official Queen of E36 OT

^ Can't you get people to wait on you though, cause you're a gimp now? Sucks you can't drive, that'd kill me.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36_Hater433 View Post
Nah I'm in it for like 6 weeks I'm saying 12 weeks before I can touch a basketball. In all honesty I've been crawling everywhere I'm going it sucks terribly. I can't even drive michelle(my e36) at all this is so depressinggg
Ah that sucks. Just take the brace off and tightly lace up a supportive shoe, and you can drive. It's a PITA, but it works.
Quote:
^ Can't you get people to wait on you though, cause you're a gimp now? Sucks you can't drive, that'd kill me.
That's probably one of the things I hated most about being on crutches. Everyone always is like "Oh, here, I'll get that for you" and such. Makes you feel pathetic. No, I'm fine, dammit! Of course I can open a door!
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Fireballs inc.

Omg it is the most annoying thg bc some things you really can't do by yourself. Like you can't walk around with a glass of water or anything and it takes years to get to the bathroom and yadda yadda yadda

Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Official Queen of E36 OT

Quote:
Ah that sucks. Just take the brace off and tightly lace up a supportive shoe, and you can drive. It's a PITA, but it works.

That's probably one of the things I hated most about being on crutches. Everyone always is like "Oh, here, I'll get that for you" and such. Makes you feel pathetic. No, I'm fine, dammit! Of course I can open a door!
Really now. One of my ex's broke his leg before a big car show, told ya'll about the sanding party. He also decided that I should do everything for him. Drive him around, open all doors for him, wash his clothes, make him food.... Didn't seem to bother him any.

Pissed me off right quick.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Life finds a way

I'm sure you'll never tell him to break a leg again
Quote:
Old 07-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Here's some more of mine, taken with a real camera instead of just my phone. Also not in the rain

Photobucket
My interior should be done very soon. I was kinda disappointed, bimmerbarbie, when I saw your door panels. I thought mine were going to be one-of-a-kind, but it turns out mine are going to be almost identical to yours, except for the color. I'll keep the color a secret for now. My friend tried to talk me into red, but I just didn't like the sound of it. I'm also having a shift boot done in the same color, and the strip above glove box. After all that's done, my friend will be starting the black suede headliner, a/c pillar project
Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 AM

Mein Auto: 318is Coupe
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyvek View Post
What kind of glue did you use? is that red leather or vinyl?
It looks really cool!! IMO

Last edited by fresaUKBM; 07-07-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Official Queen of E36 OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9289 View Post
My interior should be done very soon. I was kinda disappointed, bimmerbarbie, when I saw your door panels. I thought mine were going to be one-of-a-kind, but it turns out mine are going to be almost identical to yours, except for the color. I'll keep the color a secret for now. My friend tried to talk me into red, but I just didn't like the sound of it. I'm also having a shift boot done in the same color, and the strip above glove box. After all that's done, my friend will be starting the black suede headliner, a/c pillar project
Sweet! We'll match then! What color is your car? Not too hard to think that we aren't the only ones that have done something similar to this, as the lines of the panel lend themselves well to a two-tone look. Black suede headliner will look nice, mine's already re-done in a different fabric though. I think I have a pic of it in my albums on here. The headliner is so much easier than the door panels, btw. Don't forget to give us some pics when its all done!

Quote:
Old 07-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Fireballs inc.

And in other news got my girlfreind to choffuer me around today and let me tell you she can launch and revmatch better than a few freinds of mine haha but I need to get back on my feet as soon I can because if I dont I will most likely lose my job =( and I don't have aflack "so if I get hurt and miss work it will hurt to miss work".
And on a side note.................. I really like the look on those door panels as bright and obnoxious as they are.

Last edited by Mr Gusta; 07-07-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM

thats too bad...

if you had Aflac they'd give you money, which is just as good as cash...
Bilstien PSS9's / SPC Rear Control Arms / DDM Smoked Corners, Sides, Tails / K&N FIPK2 / CXRacing All Aluminum Radiator w Aluminum Shroud and Electric Fan / Stewart Components Waterpump / Aluminum Tstat Housing / SamcoSport Coolant Hoses / Fan Delete Mod - 14" Electric Pull Fan / UBERGROUND Battery Cable / NGK Ir.IX Plugs / Royal Purple Fluids for; Engine, Differential, Transmission, Power Steering.
. SOLD
Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Fireballs inc.

hahahaha that was an alltime favorite commerical

Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM

BUMP/REQUEST for STICKY
. SOLD
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Sweet! We'll match then! What color is your car? Not too hard to think that we aren't the only ones that have done something similar to this, as the lines of the panel lend themselves well to a two-tone look. Black suede headliner will look nice, mine's already re-done in a different fabric though. I think I have a pic of it in my albums on here. The headliner is so much easier than the door panels, btw. Don't forget to give us some pics when its all done!
Alpine white. Black interior. I'm not doing the door panels myself though. My friend's a pro and actually works in the BMW body shop. So i'm lettin him do it. But my door panels will look just like yours (besides the screws and color). He's also doing the rear inserts to match the front. Did you do the backseat's inserts also?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Fireballs inc.

bump for stickayyyyyyy this thread is awsome for rants and off topic stuff that happens to us e36 fanatics

Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Life finds a way

Quote:
Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Official Queen of E36 OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9289 View Post
Alpine white. Black interior. I'm not doing the door panels myself though. My friend's a pro and actually works in the BMW body shop. So i'm lettin him do it. But my door panels will look just like yours (besides the screws and color). He's also doing the rear inserts to match the front. Did you do the backseat's inserts also?
Sweet! Funny, but the black and white scheme was what I was thinking you were doing. I bet it'll look awesome!!!!

I will be doing them to match, yes, just haven't yet. Too many freaking projects going on right now.... Oh well

Quote:
Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Sweet! Funny, but the black and white scheme was what I was thinking you were doing. I bet it'll look awesome!!!!

I will be doing them to match, yes, just haven't yet. Too many freaking projects going on right now.... Oh well
No kidding. I just can't wait for my interior to be done. It sucks not having panels for 2 months :/
Closed Thread