Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
schpenxel schpenxel is offline
DIY'er
Location: Greensboro, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,280
Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushp14 View Post
To bad it's not the biggest lol
too*
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
notbriancho notbriancho is offline
Registered User
Location: so cal
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 535i
Random Chimes

a few seconds before the hour, the car would chime...
i thought i was having a malfunction with the cars computer for the longest time haha

i've learned so much about my car in this thread

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM
328 M Sport 328 M Sport is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 337
Mein Auto: 2013 328 M Sport
My face is sore after a long drive from grinning so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 10.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	372153   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	372154  
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
LRuano LRuano is offline
Registered User
Location: Lake Balboa, CA.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 65
Mein Auto: 04 530i, 04 Z4
Car down shifts going down hill to save your breaks, inside arm rest slides back and fort for comfort, flash light in glove compartment, car can't sit in garage w/o driving for too long or you lose battery charge,
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM
schpenxel schpenxel is offline
DIY'er
Location: Greensboro, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,280
Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRuano View Post
Car down shifts going down hill to save your breaks, inside arm rest slides back and fort for comfort, flash light in glove compartment, car can't sit in garage w/o driving for too long or you lose battery charge,
Indeed.

The first one can be quite annoying
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 AM
lrhubanks lrhubanks is offline
Certified Ninja
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: '05 545i
I discovered that my 2005 545i has the iDrive system from a 2011 model... Totally awesome.

I kept thinking, "why does the manual for the iDrive absolutely make no sense at all?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Kamdog's Avatar
Kamdog Kamdog is offline
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,870
Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
Indeed.

The first one can be quite annoying
It will downshift only if you have cruise control on, or if you apply the brakes to slow down. If you jabbed the brakes to lose speed, but don't want that lower gear, tap the gas pedal, and it will upshift again.
__________________

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM
booyaazaa's Avatar
booyaazaa booyaazaa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Bay, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,066
Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhubanks View Post
I discovered that my 2005 545i has the iDrive system from a 2011 model... Totally awesome.

I kept thinking, "why does the manual for the iDrive absolutely make no sense at all?"
Nice. The prev owner must have done a cic upgrade.
__________________

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 PM
lrhubanks lrhubanks is offline
Certified Ninja
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaazaa View Post
Nice. The prev owner must have done a cic upgrade.
Yeah I think the GPS failed a few years ago and they replaced it with the newest model. Totally awesome, I've got like 1,000 songs stored on the HDD (not sure if you could even do that with the older CIC).

Its tough though because any newer (used) car I look at as a potential replacement seems crappy by comparison. Now I can't even consider any car that won't take songs off my phone and store them on the vehicles hard disc drive. The only things that seem nicer are 2012+ fully loaded BMW's
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 04-20-2013, 01:47 PM
booyaazaa's Avatar
booyaazaa booyaazaa is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: East Bay, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,066
Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
List Something You Discovered About Your Car AFTER You Bought It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhubanks View Post
Yeah I think the GPS failed a few years ago and they replaced it with the newest model. Totally awesome, I've got like 1,000 songs stored on the HDD (not sure if you could even do that with the older CIC).

Its tough though because any newer (used) car I look at as a potential replacement seems crappy by comparison. Now I can't even consider any car that won't take songs off my phone and store them on the vehicles hard disc drive. The only things that seem nicer are 2012+ fully loaded BMW's
Very true. The CIC idrive came out in the 2010 so any models from that production year will have it. It is definitely a nice upgrade with the HD storage. The feature I really wished my CCC could do which the CIC does is Bluetooth audio streaming.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Reply With Quote
  #661  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 PM
LivinSD LivinSD is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carlsbad, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 294
Mein Auto: 2010 535i
Washing my car tonight, I noticed that there are arrows on bottom "sills" on the car that seem to indicate where it is safe to jack up the car. Nice detail if that's what it's for.
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 AM
DJtoad DJtoad is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ellicott City, MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 333
Mein Auto: 2010 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinSD View Post
Washing my car tonight, I noticed that there are arrows on bottom "sills" on the car that seem to indicate where it is safe to jack up the car. Nice detail if that's what it's for.
That is what the arrows are for -- they identify where the jack pads are located.

I noticed something today while my son was practicing parallel parking and I was standing outside of the car. Whenever he would put the car in reverse, the electric cooling fan would kick in. It did it three times in a row and would shut off as soon as he put it in drive. I knew it came on when idling and the A/C was on, but didn't know it also comes on when you put the car in reverse. Makes sense though. I'm at 62K miles and I'm keeping my eyes open for hints that the water pump might be going bad, although I hear the pump in the 2009 and 2010 is much better than the earlier versions. Even though I have a JB4 and have hijacked the MPG gauge and turned it into a water temp gauge, my ears still perk up whenever I hear the cooling fan turn on.
__________________
2010 535i M Sport - Platinum Gray/Dakota Black/Anthracite Bamboo
Premium, Value, Cold Weather, Sport Auto, Navigation, Satellite, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Park Distance, Fold Down Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side Airbags, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCIs, Proform Clear Bra, LUX H8 LED angel eyes
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
lrhubanks lrhubanks is offline
Certified Ninja
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by booyaazaa View Post
Very true. The CIC idrive came out in the 2010 so any models from that production year will have it. It is definitely a nice upgrade with the HD storage. The feature I really wished my CCC could do which the CIC does is Bluetooth audio streaming.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
BT streaming would be awesome. For some reason mine doesn't have that. Must have been a later update
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
lrhubanks lrhubanks is offline
Certified Ninja
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: '05 545i
Edit. Double post
__________________

Last edited by lrhubanks; 04-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Reallybro1's Avatar
Reallybro1 Reallybro1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SFV So Cal
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 325
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhubanks View Post
BT streaming would be awesome. For some reason mine doesn't have that. Must have been a later update
Do you have BMW apps? You might need the combox update.
__________________
BMW CCA member- Los Angeles Chapter
Gone: 2008 535i tuned, everything except HUD & active cruise.
New arrival: 2011 AW 535i M-Sport, Black Dakota, Logic 7, SAT, Dynamic, ARS, Comfort, heated, love it
Reply With Quote
  #666  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
myates3 myates3 is offline
Registered User
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 79
Mein Auto: 2006 550i
Found this one last week and not sure if someone else has already mentioned it, but there's a sensor to let you know if the gas cap is left off or not tightened all the way. Filled up and I apparently failed to tighten my cap until it clicked, began to drive off, car tells me to tighted the gas cap. Surprise! lol
__________________

2006 550i
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 AM
lrhubanks lrhubanks is offline
Certified Ninja
Location: Madison, WI
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 56
Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Grn Bmr View Post
Do you have BMW apps? You might need the combox update.
I don't have BMW apps... But I sure want them! Guess I've gotta call the dealership
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
after 1 month i found SOS button on the top
what the hell is this ??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 04-23-2013, 12:34 AM
UltimateDriving UltimateDriving is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 875
Mein Auto: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
after 1 month i found SOS button on the top
what the hell is this ??
If you push it you will have an army behind you.
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:17 AM
530iAlpineWhite 530iAlpineWhite is offline
Registered User
Location: Miami, FL
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 72
Mein Auto: 2006 530i
List Something You Discovered About Your Car AFTER You Bought It...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
lol, there's nothing fast about a 530i.
Since you want to comment like that
Why don't you just list what you like about your car. Lol that is the purpose of this post. Lmao


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #671  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 AM
NathO NathO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Australia
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: 07' 530i LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDriving View Post
If you push it you will have an army behind you.
LMAO. But seriously? I'm too scared to push it!! :P.
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 AM
boramkiv's Avatar
boramkiv boramkiv is offline
Propellers Up Front
Location: Chesapeake, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,792
Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathO View Post
LMAO. But seriously? I'm too scared to push it!! :P.
Ha!
Reminds me of the first time I decided to push it long time ago.
The wife was like "just do it".
I'm like okay what the heck...
So I push it and it opens up only to find the bright amber button, "what the hell?"
So of course we were back to square one, and it took another week to summon enough courage to push the real button.
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
schpenxel schpenxel is offline
DIY'er
Location: Greensboro, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,280
Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathO View Post
LMAO. But seriously? I'm too scared to push it!! :P.
Lol, it just calls BMW if you have the BMW assist service or whatever it's called. I thought the same thing when I first saw it! haha
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
NathO NathO is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Australia
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: 07' 530i LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
Ha!
Reminds me of the first time I decided to push it long time ago.
The wife was like "just do it".
I'm like okay what the heck...
So I push it and it opens up only to find the bright amber button, "what the hell?"
So of course we were back to square one, and it took another week to summon enough courage to push the real button.
LMAO! Classic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
Lol, it just calls BMW if you have the BMW assist service or whatever it's called. I thought the same thing when I first saw it! haha
Damn... I liked the idea of an army. On my side of course
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 AM
6ICEMAN9's Avatar
6ICEMAN9 6ICEMAN9 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Wherever the USAF puts me, currently NC
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 08 550i
The chime for the front and rear parking sensors are different. You can tell if the obstacle is front or back without looking at the screen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms