Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 530i, 04 CTS
San Antonio BMW--look like good people

I have not seen much or heard much feedback on San Antonio BMW. At any rate, I ended up buying a variety of accessories and parts over the past few weeks. Great parts people; super attitude.

Met many of their sales people; again very helpful and friendly.

I also needed advice on a variety of DYI stuff. Approached several of their service advisors who took me into the shop to meet with mechanics, who answered my questions. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Also met the service manager who seems like the typical (American car) service manager, and that is a compliment of the highest order. (I have dealt with service managers all my life, as I know perhaps a dozen of them (almost) intimately. I mean we have typically become great friends. Now, I don't abuse that friendship; I just regularly approach these guys for advice prior to setting an appointment--kind of like doing my homework.) I also have no problem asking a service mgr who is his best/worst service advisor. And I get a straight answer.

At any rate, I am putting in a very high compliment for San Antonio BMW (or is it BMW of San Antonio). The least I could do is state their correct name.
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 540i
Thumbs down Not been my experience

While I will give the overall parts department an ok grade, getting any information out of them is beyond difficult. I have left messages, used their online chat (or tried to) and even submitted requests via their handy dandy parts request tool. I typically get about a 25% contact back rate. That is one (1) out of four (4) times I get a response.

It is also not just me. A co-worker has had that experience and my wife as well. She called on my behalf earlier this week and four (4) days later, still has not received a call back.

'01 540i 6-Speed