Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 08-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M Roadster
Question TIS - Document not found?

I have the TIS 10/2001 and the 12/2002 update installed, but on occasion I've followed links to documents, and they can't be found. Does anyone else experience this? Is it just a bad index etc.? I don't have an example document, as I've just noticed this while looking around, but I could find one if needed.

TIA

Mark
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2003, 12:03 PM

Surly some of you TIS users can answer this, or have the same issue.

As an example of the problem:

Identify the vehicle (you can use lc88532)
Select document - repair instructions
Select 34 (brakes)
Select 41 (parking brake)
Select adjusting handbrake
Scroll down to section 2.2
Click on the "Refer to Gr. 61" box

When I do this I get "No information found for the selected note". Does anybody have any idea?

TIA
IForged Aero 19x10 Rear 19x8 Front, Toyo Proxes T1-S 275/30 235/35
Old 08-14-2003, 12:32 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos
Surly some of you TIS users can answer this, or have the same issue.

As an example of the problem:

Identify the vehicle (you can use lc88532)
Select document - repair instructions
Select 34 (brakes)
Select 41 (parking brake)
Select adjusting handbrake
Scroll down to section 2.2
Click on the "Refer to Gr. 61" box

When I do this I get "No information found for the selected note". Does anybody have any idea?
Well, I saw your post, but as I'd never experienced this and you didn't give a way to repeat it, I didn't think I could contribute anything useful.

Now that you gave a path to the problem, I was able to reproduce it (12/2002 TIS on Windows 2000). I get the same thing.

At the end of 2.1, the same "Refer to Gr. 61" is there, but not in a clickable box. Note that the text immediately preceding that in 2.1 says "Indicator lamp must be lit. If necessary, adjust switch contact on handbrake lever." So the reference to Gr. 61 means to Main Group 61, "General electrical system". I take this to mean "if the light doesn't come on, go to group 61 and treat it as an electrical problem instead of a group 34 braking problem." Now, there doesn't seem to be a specific reference in 61 for this particular adjustment, which is probably why your section 2.1 doesn't have it clickable. 2.2 still does, which I guess is an oversight. SI 61 03 94 does refer to the brake light switch, which might be what it is referring to.

But I don't think your copy is missing any documents.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:18 PM

Thanks for responding. I just got TIS, etc. not too long ago, so I've been spending some time just digging around. On occasion the problem would come up, and it was kind of bugging me. So... I finally get around to posting the question, and ironically I can't recreate it, hence the reason for no example the first time. Also, thanks for the explanation regarding "Gr. 61" etc. Makes much more sense in that context, and provides some insight to the document / system structure.
IForged Aero 19x10 Rear 19x8 Front, Toyo Proxes T1-S 275/30 235/35