Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: **** you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleus View Post
I hope they have more variety of vendors... Not so much of just 1 group of cars being catered too. I love e9x's and e46's and I drive an e36, but I would love to see vendors for the older, classic and vintage cars. It would be a great introduction to that market for those who plan on eventually someday restoring an older bmw.

Oh and ya the $40 entrance fee was surprising and unwelcoming to first timers. Is there anyway to drop it down a bit?
+1 on the vendors
I feel like I have seen every possible wheel configuration I can on a damn 3 series...and nothing at all for my cars...

thought there were some nice classics to look at and thats where you really learn is by bothering these people for info =)
Old 07-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleus View Post
I hope they have more variety of vendors... Not so much of just 1 group of cars being catered too. I love e9x's and e46's and I drive an e36, but I would love to see vendors for the older, classic and vintage cars. It would be a great introduction to that market for those who plan on eventually someday restoring an older bmw.

Oh and ya the $40 entrance fee was surprising and unwelcoming to first timers. Is there anyway to drop it down a bit?
yes, come after 9.

***OFFICIAL Corona meet!!!***
Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Like everything else, time has changed, nothing is free forever. I remembered the first few bimmerfests that took place at Cutter Motors and then at the Fairground. They fed us lunch at cutter's for free. Plenty of soft drinks to go around. Here are a few pics from the good old days at Cutter and Earl Warren Fairground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fest2003b.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	193466   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0382.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	193469   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	193470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg
Views:	5557
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	193471  

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 07-16-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM
325is driver

Mein Auto: '93 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilez View Post
yes, come after 9.
lol, I guess Ray, but then you'll have to wait in that horrendous line oh wells. I do hope though that a bigger variety of vendors do come up to the next one.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Can't wait!! See you all there in my Estoril E36 M3 Convertible! I hope I see my clone I saw last time... cept her car had LTWs on it. mm!

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Question

Seems this is an ongoing event - and sounds very interesting - is there any info or write-up that would tell us newbies about it?

For example, if I came, I'd be driving from central Texas and I'd sure like to clean up my Z before entering the polo grounds. Is it a one day event? Is there a "headquarters" hotel where there would be get-togethers, etc? Are there any technical meetings? You get the idea - as Shultz would say - "I know nothing"!!

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: Tubro 89 325i
About how many cars show up? im really interested in coming but its a long drive from Rhode Island
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Send a message via AIM to Missmodena310
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdrifta View Post
About how many cars show up? im really interested in coming but its a long drive from Rhode Island
its defenitly worth it!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:26 AM

oh and I am bringing my dog this time since everyone else did
=)
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
oh and I am bringing my dog this time since everyone else did
=)
me too seriously wtf i was so mad when i got there an saw all those little annoying yipping dogs my lil princess is so coming with me this year! im gettn her a doggy seat and seat belt
Old 07-31-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
me too seriously wtf i was so mad when i got there an saw all those little annoying yipping dogs my lil princess is so coming with me this year! im gettn her a doggy seat and seat belt
i used to have a seat belt thing for my dog and he was afraid of it and I could NOT get him into it...

got Progressive insurance...if you have a car with a full coverage policy under them they insure your dog or cat if you get into an accident up to 1000 bucks...pretty nifty, and you don't pay extra
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Brit View Post
i used to have a seat belt thing for my dog and he was afraid of it and I could NOT get him into it...

got Progressive insurance...if you have a car with a full coverage policy under them they insure your dog or cat if you get into an accident up to 1000 bucks...pretty nifty, and you don't pay extra
yea even tho my baby is protected with insuance i still am sooo scared to have ne thing happen to her in my car money cant replace her

i cant wait for her to come see bimmerfest she will be so stoked!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 05:14 PM
IM DA BES

Mein Auto: A rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52 View Post
Can't wait!! See you all there in my Estoril E36 M3 Convertible! I hope I see my clone I saw last time... cept her car had LTWs on it. mm!
Ay, were you the one we saw at the gas station? It was me, Chad (guy with the Jag), and a couple other guys. Then I think we saw you with your parents e36.

"The American Dream only makes sense if you're sleeping" - Lowkey
Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
BimmerJunkie

Mein Auto: 1998 Alpine White 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pix335i View Post
We are very happy to announce that Bimmerfest 2010 will be held on May 1, 2010 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club once again. We are especially excited to be making this announcement earlier than ever this year.

Mark your calendars and start making your plans; with plenty of room to grow, Bimmerfest 2010 is going to be an amazing show!

We'll see you there!
I'm there!!!

Myself, the wife, our twin babies, "Sabine" my E39 528, and I'm even gonna see if I can drag my lazy ass brother up there with his '08 Mini Cooper S and his girl with the '08 330ci

Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrcatz79 View Post
I'm there!!!

Myself, the wife, our twin babies, "Sabine" my E39 528, and I'm even gonna see if I can drag my lazy ass brother up there with his '08 Mini Cooper S and his girl with the '08 330ci
did you go this last bimmerfest??
Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 AM
BimmerJunkie

Mein Auto: 1998 Alpine White 528i
Quote:
I'm there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
did you go this last bimmerfest??
I was ALMOST there earlier this year....but about half way there the check engine light came on and I didn't want to risk being stranded in SB with the wife and newborns....So we limped back to L.A.

Turned out that it wasn't that serious of a problem but it would have been had I continued all the way up to SB and then drove it back down to L.A.

Anyway the car is now in perfect running condition and I recently made a run to Vegas with her...so if she can stand the intense heat and the long distance, then we should have no problem attending 'Fest 2010

Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 AM
* BLONDETOURAGE 2010*

Quote:
I was ALMOST there earlier this year....but about half way there the check engine light came on and I didn't want to risk being stranded in SB with the wife and newborns....So we limped back to L.A.

Turned out that it wasn't that serious of a problem but it would have been had I continued all the way up to SB and then drove it back down to L.A.

Anyway the car is now in perfect running condition and I recently made a run to Vegas with her...so if she can stand the intense heat and the long distance, then we should have no problem attending 'Fest 2010
o nice! yea dont wanna risk that especially with 2 lil ones with you! o vegas is a long run if shes good to vegas shes good to SB lol
Old 08-08-2009, 07:37 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBeau View Post
Seems this is an ongoing event since 2000 started at Cutter Motors in Santa Barbara, got too big moved to Earl Warren Showground, then moved to Polo Ground in 2009 - and sounds very interesting - is there any info or write-up that would tell us newbies about it? Do a search, located at the top, blue bar

For example, if I came, I'd be driving from central Texas and I'd sure like to clean up my Z before entering the polo grounds. There are several hotels festers have been staying. Check the posts for this year hotels. There will be a place where you can wash your car at the hotel. Is it a one day event? Yes, but normally there are festive dinners both Friday and Saturday nights in SB. Is there a "headquarters" hotel where there would be get-togethers, etc? Keep checking the posts. Are there any technical meetings? Not that I'm aware of. There are usually some equipment installation events at Bimmerfest. You get the idea - as Shultz would say - "I know nothing"!! My suggestion (been to most of them except the last few years because I was in Europe) since you will probably be in a hotel in SB is to get to the grounds early, find a good parking spot, walk to the freeway overcrossing and watch the caravan of BMWs enter the Polo grounds, TBD. Again, check the posts as there will be gathering places from San Diego to Orange County to San Fernando Valley and to Santa Barbara. I estimate there will be over 300 BMWs in the caravan, maybe many more in the caravan.
Thanks.
`

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 08-08-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
`
Dave, thanks for the info - I've got it on my calendar, now all I have to do is get it on the better half's calendar!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 AM
StraightedgeMother****er!

Send a message via AIM to The Otherside
Mein Auto: 1990 325is
Im coming! Ill be the ONE represntative from WI. Lol. Anyone coming from the Midwest or Upper east coast, If ya wanna meet up somewhere for the trip over there, PM me and we can get something going!

Last edited by The Otherside; 08-10-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: I cant read 2 posts above me. Lol
Old 08-10-2009, 06:29 AM

Heres my route! Im staying with family in SD a day or 2 beofre the Fest!

Its going to be a ****ing blast!!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:22 AM

How many vendors came last year? Can we get any intell on vendors coming this year? I want to get my finances straight now and Id love to know how much money to bring. Im not to good of friends with Chase Manhattan.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
DetailAddict.Com

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328i
oh yeah, I am NOT going to miss this AGAIN!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Any chance of NOT having it in Santa Barbra so that ungrateful hotel owners and self righteous police cant benefit from all the money and business we bring in? I swear last year was the last time i blow any decent amount of money in that city.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
Any chance of NOT having it in Santa Barbra so that ungrateful hotel owners and self righteous police cant benefit from all the money and business we bring in? I swear last year was the last time i blow any decent amount of money in that city.
I love SB. I folks at the Ramada seem to appreciate out business each year