BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

bronzit .. FTL

299K views 2K replies 80 participants last post by  hornhospital 
#1 ·
$300 AND 6 HOURS LATER

so i have been looking for just a shell to swap in my motors and drive around. this was it. body is near perfect minus some real light rust and the front valance. the rust i will be getting rid of very soon. the headlights and grills and some near mint fogs were all in the trunk so i can slap those on. i already have everything else here to get it to perfect condition except the front plastic. the car came with 2 rear bumpers .. so now i have 3 rear bumpers and 0 front bumpers.

mint dash, knee panel and a bunch of other stuff were a plus. most of the interior was in pieces on the back seat, most of its still there

the tool kit was mint .. so i will be selling it as i have no need for it.

See less See more
#5 ·
im not sure yet. i change my mind about a color around 2 times a week.

Looks to be in pretty good condition. Good luck with the build.
:thumbup:

nice work, too bad you're in PA I could use one of those rear bumpers.
ya im gonna list them on Cl if none of my friends buy them. rear bumpers are easy to come by. im sure you can find some locally

#4 ·
nice work, too bad you're in PA I could use one of those rear bumpers.

#6 ·
first thing i did was remove all the trunk tar and all the carpeting to access all the bare body metal.

next was to replace the front valance .. that is clearly not my leg/foot/shoe/socks

as you can see below i decided i liked the fogs better then the deletes. i also put on the headlights and grills that came with the car.

next was to put on one of my lights to replace the missing one. i had to open one of my many boxes of new parts.

im not sure what im going to do tomorrow. maybe a emblem/sticker shave and some euro plate filler .. or motor swap .. who knows ... i will post pictures.

#14 ·
i dont know for sure yet. his truck is still too close for me to see what more he could have damaged .. but green paint on the hitch was a rather obviuos giveaway that he hit my car. i should have left it parked at the street blocking the driveway.

#15 ·
its pretty early for me .. but i got some stuff done.

shaved the badge and the " Kemberling Auto" sticker. also put on a much better roundel. also cleaned the car.

still looked bad to me so i put the euro plate filler on. pulls the rear end together much better.

#16 ·
euro plate filler looks good, might have to look into one of those.

#21 ·
:thumbup: the euro plate filler is one of the ain reasons i wanted a facelift.

You waste no time I see....how's the front look from grandpa?
not bad, its only a little ding. im still pissed that he tried to hide it tho.

lol whats with the crooked ass drivers seat?
lol. the one bolt is missing so it looks like dave was driving it. 24-7 gangster lean

post pic's of the damage
its not worth posting.

are you gonna start a new post once the motor swap begins, or are you gonna keep posting it all in here?
ill list all the vanos swap stuff in here. but the turbo swap later on will get its own thread.

#22 ·
well i cleaned the seats .. not that they are even staying in the car. but i just wanted them clean for the time bieng. i think its pretty obvious where i started to clean and where i didnt.

then i was doing misc. small stuff on the interior:

german check panel.

OEM keyless glove box handle.

and the nice blurry pic of the insides beieng removed

it all will be replaced with new stuff soon.

i cant start the motor swap till the motor mounts and throttle cable get here. once thats all here it will get interesting .. as long as my kidneys dont fail in the mean time.

#33 · (Edited)
both of these consoles are the same part number .. who would have guessed ? one is from germany with the cassette stock, from an automativc car. the other is from a stock US 325i with no cassette or anything.

but i cut out the tray and put the cassette holders in the mint console. i also put on the rare OEM e30 leather brake handle . all in mint condition of course :D

i will be buying a new console from the dealer thats made for the cassette. you can see in the corners there is 2 little slits .. thats not up to par.

#35 ·
lol. if only i liked michael.

not really progress. but i was opening boxes earlier and found one with a shipping label to "Zach Anstead"

... only in his dreams :rofl:

contents:

look at that factory glass .. not a pit, scratch or imperfection in sight :bigpimp:

most of you know about them. but to those who dont .. these lights were previously a set of busted euro smileys from the UK :

#40 · (Edited)
spent the day digging through doors to find premium sound wiring for the tweeters and such. got that done then was going to retrofit the power rear shade and came to the conclusion that i dont want it. pretty simple to install, but not worth the time to me. so im going to use the factory euro deck i have that has the built in shade so its all 100% OEM.

..im an OEM whore

FEDEX says my mounts will be here this coming friday

#42 ·
i spent the day gutting the entire car and preparingthe car for the 5 speed swap ... air-bag cars are way too much BS. i spent a good part of the day removing all the wiring and control units. dont have any pics uploaded yet as i am not at my house.

motor mounts are supposed to come monday. fedex scheduled delivery for yesterday but they never showed up then the item was listed as delayed till monday. FTL

#48 ·
casettes bring back memories of when I first got my e30. That was when kids were making mix tapes and giving them to each other, and I had a couple. Aah 2001.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.