Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2010 California sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 11th annual Bimmerfest show in California will be held on May 22, 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 03-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Mein Auto: 325is
Just waiting for the updates and Kris' site.
Are we all pretty much stayin at the Marriot, aka our arrival destination, then? Loved seeing the Ramada parking lot last year!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Hi everyone doing the Bay Bimmerz/Nor Cal Caravan.
I was informed today that Kris can no longer handle the caravan, so I will be sending out the Evite in the coming week, or sooner.

It will be different from the past caravan's that I've put together. I will only be doing the Pleasanton stop, EDIT:South Bay/Milpitas stop added) beings I live in Pleasanton and will be leaving from there and heading over the Altamont and head down boring ol Hwy 5. It's 50 miles out of the way to go Hwy 101 to Pasadena, so for me and others that want to join me, will be going Hwy 5.
Believe me when I tell you how bummed I am about this, but I/we have to do what I/we have to do. I do not have time this year to do what I've done in the past, but it kills me to stand by and watch this caravan fade off in the distance, so to speak.

If there is anyone that wants to step up to the plate for a South Bay meeting point, please let me know ASAP and I can add the place, meeting and departure times to the Evite I will be sending out. I know there are MANY people that are in the South Bay and prefer to go down Hwy 101, so hopefully someone will step up.

Sooooo, I'm in the planning stages of getting the 400 plus address list for the Evite out in the coming days. I'm looking for a half way point for fuel, bathroom break and to stretch the legs, so after I figure these few details out, the Evite willl get out.

See you all soon!

EDIT: Evite sent a few days ago...............!

Last edited by Keith; 04-13-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly CA View Post
Just waiting for the updates and Kris' site.
Are we all pretty much stayin at the Marriot, aka our arrival destination, then? Loved seeing the Ramada parking lot last year!
As you will see from my post, there will be no Kris' site and yes, most of us are staying at the Marriott.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by issac06 View Post
if u guys pass threw cental cali taking the 5 i might have a couple more cars from bakers. area to join
I'll get back to you on the info for the Hwy 5 trek when I know it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wag-zhp View Post
Hi Keith,

Should we be PMing you or KrisL our info?
Please send it to me now, thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
+1 Keith, after I PMed you on BayBimmerz I sent my info to Kris here directly and haven't heard anything back. I know we still have two months but I'm getting anxious!
Hey Chad, I added you to the Evite list, so you'll get it when it goes out.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Keith, you rock! Thanks for getting/staying involved.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Thanks Wayne, I'll do my best with the time constraints I have from starting a new business.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: BLOWN E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Thanks Wayne, I'll do my best with the time constraints I have from starting a new business.
KEITH, YOU ARE DA MAN!!!! Thanks for sparing your time to take over the caravan again.

Just let us know when/where we should meet up.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Ubergeek

Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Thank you Keith for taking this back - really sorry I can't handle the caravan given my current workload. This is the first time I've turned on my laptop in 5 days! I've been relying on my iphone while working hard doing customer demos in Atlanta. Doesn't look like it'll slow down and doesn't look like I'll even make it to Bimmerfest this year
Old 04-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Hi everyone doing the Bay Bimmerz/Nor Cal Caravan.
I was informed today that Kris can no longer handle the caravan, so I will be sending out the Evite in the coming week, or sooner.

It will be different from the past caravan's that I've put together. I will only be doing the Pleasanton stop, beings I live in Pleasanton and will be leaving from there and heading over the Altamont and head down boring ol Hwy 5. It's 50 miles out of the way to go Hwy 101 to Pasadena, so for me and others that want to join me, will be going Hwy 5.
Believe me when I tell you how bummed I am about this, but I/we have to do what I/we have to do. I do not have time this year to do what I've done in the past, but it kills me to stand by and watch this caravan fade off in the distance, so to speak.

If there is anyone that wants to step up to the plate for a South Bay meeting point, please let me know ASAP and I can add the place, meeting and departure times to the Evite I will be sending out. I know there are MANY people that are in the South Bay and prefer to go down Hwy 101, so hopefully someone will step up.

Sooooo, I'm in the planning stages of getting the 400 plus address list for the Evite out in the coming days. I'm looking for a half way point for fuel, bathroom break and to stretch the legs, so after I figure these few details out, the Evite willl get out.

See you all soon!
Oh man, that's killer. 5? I know it's longer, and 101's not the most thrilling highway in the world, but anything's better than 5. It seems like on a 400 mile drive, going the extra 50 might be worth it to not have to take that hell of a freeway.

On one hand I'd love to help organize a 101 caravan for those of us in the S Bay that'd much prefer it, but on the other I really hate to split the caravan. The more cars the better, and having everyone on 5 might be better than having half the cars on each fwy. You sure you don't wanna come down via 101 Keith?

Quote:
+10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
Thank you Keith for taking this back - really sorry I can't handle the caravan given my current workload. This is the first time I've turned on my laptop in 5 days! I've been relying on my iphone while working hard doing customer demos in Atlanta. Doesn't look like it'll slow down and doesn't look like I'll even make it to Bimmerfest this year
Sorry to hear Kris, hope you can make it!!!
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 04-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
On one hand I'd love to help organize a 101 caravan for those of us in the S Bay that'd much prefer it, but on the other I really hate to split the caravan.
Do you think this is easy for me? My Wife is pissed that I'm taking this on at all. (but at a much smaller scale) Right now I need to be totally focused on what we have going on. I'm not happy about all of this, but I'm trying to make the best of it. IF we have to have 2 caravan's then there's nothing I can do about it. Hell, you're the first person that even considered stepping up to the plate for a meeting point in the South Bay. So I will be getting this HUGE Evite out with just the Pleasanton stop this year.

Quote:
The more cars the better, and having everyone on 5 might be better than having half the cars on each fwy. You sure you don't wanna come down via 101 Keith?
I agree, I'd love to have everybody go this way, but I also new that wouldn't happen, hence the reason I asked for some help from someone to step up to be a South Bay stop rep.
Yes, I am sure about not going Hwy 101 and yes, it was and still is a difficult decision for me.

In the mean time, everyone check their email soon for their Evite and make sure to check your email trash too, I've heard in the past that some have got it there. Let's make the most of this guys & gals, it will be fun once we're in the moment, it's just a lot to take in with EVERYTHING changing.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
I hear ya man, I know this isn't an easy thing to do at all. If you can PM me the general info before the eVite goes out, I can try to set up a S Bay meeting spot, that way regardless of if we take 101 or 5 those of us in the South Bay can all meet up first and then if it's 5 we can all caravan over to Pleasanton to meet up. I'd be happy to help organize it since it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I'm far enough south I can set up a spot in north SJ or Santa Clara and you can add it to the eVite if you want. I just need to know when you're going to meet in Pleasanton so I can get location and timing right.

+1 on it being fun, the drive down 101 may be better but the part that makes or breaks this kind of thing is the people you're with, and rolling down with a bunch of other Bimmers!
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 540i/A sport
Caravan is great either way...

although I would prefer 101. I just drove down and up 101 to S Cal this past weekend to see family and it was smooth. I was going to post a suggestion today for the NorCal Caravan and then I saw Keith took the bull by the horns and got things back on track. As an alternative for the 101'ers, I was gonna suggest that we do the normal Pleasanton, Gilroy meet places, then skip Atascadero and stop in Pismo Beach at the Outlets Mall off Twin Cities and 4th Streets exits. There is a number of fuel and food outlets between those 2 exits. Then on to Pasadena via 101. Thanks for keeping the Caravan alive Keith!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaw528 View Post
Thanks for keeping the Caravan alive Keith!

..... As far as the caravan goes Austin, I too would prefer the 101, but it's not going to happen for me and many others. There will be some that I'm sure will still go down 101 and it's all good, but going thru the sections that Cliff mentioned earlier wouldn't be fun.
Not to say 5 is "fun", just easier and for this year, I'm in for easy.

I hope to see many of you soon, especially the ones I only get to see once a fricken year!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
I hear ya man, I know this isn't an easy thing to do at all. If you can PM me the general info before the eVite goes out, I can try to set up a S Bay meeting spot, that way regardless of if we take 101 or 5 those of us in the South Bay can all meet up first and then if it's 5 we can all caravan over to Pleasanton to meet up. I'd be happy to help organize it since it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I'm far enough south I can set up a spot in north SJ or Santa Clara and you can add it to the eVite if you want. I just need to know when you're going to meet in Pleasanton so I can get location and timing right.

+1 on it being fun, the drive down 101 may be better but the part that makes or breaks this kind of thing is the people you're with, and rolling down with a bunch of other Bimmers!
Chad, I'm PMing you now about the caravan.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 530i
Keith where shoud i send my info to recieve Evite to the caravan?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to Llave
Mein Auto: 2003 Z4 & 93 Civic
hey, i disappeared from this site for a while.

1)How is the hotel/ rooming handled? How much?
2) I'd love to go but I don't think i'll drive from Berkeley to Pleasanton and then drive to Pasadena, if anyone doing the caravan from Berk/ Oak/ Pinole area willing to lend me a hand?
3) Entrance fee to go inside the Rosebowl?

Anyone feel free to PM me.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 AM

Mein Auto: e46 M3
Keith, PM sent...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llave View Post
1)How is the hotel/ rooming handled? How much?
It's in the Evite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llave View Post
3) Entrance fee to go inside the Rosebowl?
20 bucks. (per car)
Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Hey, if anyone from North of the Bay Area wants to come down to Pleasanton the night before the Big Caravan, let me know, we have an awesome rate again at the Four Points Sheraton. The guys from Canada,Washington, Oregon and possibly Idaho will be staying there again this year.

PM me for details/info.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Just living MY dream

Mein Auto: 1995 M3 Boston Green
PM'd

Thanks Keith!

Member #2 of the Boston Green Mafia BMW-CCA #457574

1995 BG M3(sold) 2000 TiAg 4.4l X5(sold)

-2000 F250 V10
-2004 GMC Yukon Denali

-I do the things today that others won't do, so I will have the things tomorrow that other won't have....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
PM'd

Thanks Keith!
Replied and Evite sent!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 PM

ninja edit: I need to do a brake flush before this trip. =)

Last edited by anakbabe; 04-15-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:57 PM

Exclamation

ninja edit: Cant wait to roll with oceans of bimmers again. *STOKED!

Last edited by anakbabe; 04-15-2010 at 10:23 PM.