Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 650i Gran Coupe
Hello, I'll get right into the thick of it. 2015 F06 GC

Hello All:

This is the first time I've ever posted on any site like this, and I felt this subject has never been posted about and it darn well should. I just recently purchased a black on black 650i gc with everything available including parking assist, save heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. I love everything about this car, and treat it better than my wife and my girlfriend. I had a professional feature programer alter about 20 or so option that were more like preferences. I high glossed the wheels black, put on red and black emblems all around the car. add spacers to the stock, now black rims, put lack valve stems to match the rims, And a few other smalller items.

I find myself running out of projects to occupy, and therefore rationalize spending more time with my GC. So here's what I came up with. I had a 2013 750 Li right before this and one thing I loved about that car not offered on any other series of BMW, or any other car for that matter, to my knowledge.

It is the Automatic Door Hinge/brakes that stopped the door from swinging at any point in its path without any preset points to rock the door into an adjacent car, or let the door swing closed onto your leg as you are trying to exit the vehicle on a steep hill. This is a brilliant standard for any vehicles and BMW has never made much if any fanfare about this to my knowledge. Well I decided to take it upon myself to retrofit these amazing magical brakes onto my F06 GC's doors. I am going to order the appropriate parts and pull the inside door panels out to see if they are able to be retrofitted by either using the existing Door Brake mounting holes, or by creating new holes to fit the length of these shock absorber looking door brakes...

I'm going to order the 750I parts and hope that these are not too long to be effectve on the GC.. I'm probably going to try the fronts for the fronts initially, but I am prepared to try the 750's rear door brakes for the GC's front doors and forget about retrofitting the rear doors if needed. I'm even prepared to go so far as to modify these shocks if I deem them to be, as possible to work with a liitle tweeking. In any event, if any of you, or someone you know, has ever had any experience with this modification, any experiential guidance is truly welcome.. If there are any BMW master mechanics out there who would be willing to offer up any insights based on any experience with both models, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

in fact any theories or even prognostications are more than welcome. I'm sure this is utterly ridiculous and has almost no chance of working properly as it was intended. but what if it does????!!! How cool would that be!!!!!!! don't let me down bimmerfest bloggers. I will be a devoted contributor to this site if I get the support for this endeavor, that neither my wife nor girlfriend have bothered to even aknowledge...as intelligent life source thinking...
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 G37S coupe
I am so jealous of your car. Please post some pics of it. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2015, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 650i Gran Coupe
I wifi post some pictures of my GC AS WELL AS MY '15 X5 sport m package to erect my garage.

In the mean time I've ordered the auto door brake and its respective supporting parts for a 2015 750i. as well as a few professional (foeffessional) tools to aid.

Give me some insights someone...