Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:39 AM

Mein Auto: 318i E21
1983 318i E21 - Perth

Hi guys, picked up an '83 318i 5 speed a few days ago, seems like a cool little car, just need to sort out some issues

Cold start
Leaking fuel line (soft hose from hard line to banjo fitting on the engine)
Will do the distributor cap, rotor and plugs as there's some dead spots below 3000rpm
Fuel filter
Good clean up

And then;
Fit new handbrake cable
Figure out why the speedo works but not the odometer
New seats
New interior door handles
Rust in the bonnet, front windscreen surround and passenger door
Replace head lights
New bumper
New glovebox

Then get onto the fun stuff
New bushes
Swaybar upgrade
Struts
Suspension

As it is, it still drives well, some basic service bits and pieces and I'll veryyy slowly get her up and running to her true potential.

If you have any parts or leads to parts in Western Australia hit me up please Also if you have any tips or tricks that would be much appreciated I come from a 4wding background and was spoilt with the pajero and it's ability to use parts from both pajero and triton and over a 12yr period too, I have a feeling the 318 won't be the same

_a_
Ads by Google
Old 08-17-2014, 02:23 AM

Mein Auto: E21
Hey mate,

Nice car, I saw how you cleaned it up on another forum, any updates since? I'm also in Perth with an E21.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: 318i E21
Not really, replaced all the vac lines, had to use some steel epoxy on the vacuum nipple on the dizzy as it was all loose, spent a few hours getting the timing right again haha, took it for a night run up the hills and back straight after and it was great, drove it to work and coming back it was struggling hard, i reckon there is a lack of fuel pressure from the amount of crap in the fuel system, time to replace the in tank filter, bit wet atm and it's stored at the Gf's place so I haven't done anything to it yet