Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 Mercedes C240 wagon
Scammer alert: Bekkers imports

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I registered to do only one thing. I want to inform all members both new and old about the unethical business tactics by Bekkers. If anyone is familiar with Bekkers, they are online as a business selling BMW and Mercedes parts and accessories.

I ordered illuminated door sills from them last year in November 2013. The product has been on backorder supposedly. I've been through so many headaches dealing with this company and the lies that have been told to me concerning the product. I paid $600 to this company in 2013.

When I finally was able to get someone from Bekkers on the phone to check status, they once told me that the product made it into their warehouse. So I ask, when will it be sent? They claim they cannot locate it because it is mixed in with another order coming from Germany. So, the patient person I am, I gave them ample time to locate the order.

After several weeks of not being able to reach anyone at Bekkers, I finally got someone and they claim they will give me a tracking number that I can monitor when they do send it out to me. Well, that never happened. They never gave me a tracking number and everytime I call in and manage to get someone, they are always out to lunch.

To make this horrible story short, I cancelled the order in August 2014, yeah after waiting since November 2013!! The company will not send me my refund for the monies spent!! It is now almost Christmas 2014, and no status has been given to me, no email responses, and they avoid my calls by using their caller ID. I just can't believe companies like this do this to people so boldly.

I lodged a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), and guess what? Bekkers never registered their business with the BBB which I've just discovered. So it's totally my fault for never checking such important information and background on a company. All the complaints ever filed with the BBB against Bekkers have gone unanswered due to Bekkers never responding to any of the complaints. BBB has rated the company an "F" rating despite Bekkers not being a member. You would think that companies would fall over themselves trying to insure the public and its consumers are well aware of how they conduct business.

So I am here to warn everyone, WATCH OUT FOR YOURSELVES IF YOU DO BUSINESS WITH SUCH A PLACE LIKE BEKKERS. You will be much better off ordering from a reputable business that cares about its customers and that will refund you when you cancel an order - particularly if it's a significant amount of money. This is criminal behavior on the part of Bekkers.

And again, they refuse to answer any of my calls. I've been constantly calling trying to find out what is going on with my refund. So you would think they would be calling me, but you'd be wrong if you thought they were.

My message to Bekkers is that I hope you are treated the same way you have treated me. AVOID BEKKERS AT ALL COST! THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY and they refuse to refund me for what I paid.

I am sorry for my rant here guys. I hope my message was helpful. I really really hate bashing a company but they are now beyond the point of total rediculousness, and it's a crying shame.

Take care everyone, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kevin

Last edited by pookie1; 12-19-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: e90 AW 325i
Sorry to hear about your troubles Kevin. Lawyer up and go after them. $600 isn't pocket change. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
e60 titanium silver metallic 530i - retired
e83 titanium silver metallic x3 - retired
Old 12-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Bekkers are scammers

Thanks alot TxBimmerfan, I plan to get a lawyer. So unbelievable that BEKKERS is like this. I already know I won't be doing business with them EVER again, and I sure hope others follow suit.

They have literally stolen my money, and now they are avoiding me. They are ambitious liars, and will tell you anything just to get you off the phone - and that is if you are lucky to talk to someone there.

kevin
Old 12-20-2014, 03:28 PM

We appreciate you warning the community about their illicit practices. Like most, I also like a good deal, but there are times that shopping at a reputable business is necessary to avoid situations like this one, even if it means spending a bit more.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:36 PM

Thanks so much Txbimmerfan! It is absolutely my honor to inform and warn others about Bekkers. And I agree with you totally: Sometimes it is much better paying a bit more from an ethical and reputable company. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. And in my circumstance, I not only received nothing, I can't even get back what I gave in earnest!

kevin
Old 12-20-2014, 09:40 PM

That's what we're here for. To help each other out. Hope all turns out well. Keep us informed.