Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 AM
twssas twssas is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: alabama
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 118
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Leasing and European Delivery Question

Current lease is up in December with wifes 2007 530i and toying with the idea of doing a ED in early/mid October, and ordering a 2010 535i.
Is about 60 days about right to place order? Don't want to go too late in October and have to change to winter tires, and if too early in October you have hotel issues due to Octoberfest.
Then once turning vehicle back in, is an estimate of 4-5 weeks about right for redelivery? If so I should have minimal overlap with existing and new vehicle. Still a couple of months with 2 lease payments, but ED sounds like it would be worth it.

So in preparation for my visit to my dealer.....trying to make sure I understand the financial aspects of the deal.....

Fees: What fees does a dealer charge for an ED. (eg; Aquisition Fees...like a normal lease?)

Lease Calculation: US MSRP + Capitalized Cost (using Munich Invoice Numbers, which would be the agreed on price of vehicle including the appropriate dealer profit) + additional capital reduction (down payment, if any) + residual + term+ Aquisition Fees (if any) + Money factor (with .0003 ED adder) + tax = Lease Payment

Was wanting some feedback on the ED lease calculation, to insure I am running numbers correctly. I earlier used Munich MSRP and the remainder of the calc. and the numbers were significantly higher than using the US MSRP, then read somewhere here that you were to use Munich MSRP..........whew! Just trying to learn.........

Also, anyone see any downsides to the ED (other than the wait?) Sometimes I am a bit on the anal side (who here isn't?), and of all things that I worry about is scratching the car with the Euro plates in the back, and the double sided tape in the front ....(weird thing to worry about, huh?).......care to share any experiences?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 07-23-2009, 04:44 AM
caveatesq's Avatar
caveatesq caveatesq is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 850
Mein Auto: 991, X5 35d and Wrangler
Search is your friend. All of these questions have been answered many times in the Euro Delivery forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 AM
BCR's Avatar
BCR BCR is offline
In the driver's seat
Location: Boston
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 169
Mein Auto: 2008 e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
Current lease is up in December with wifes 2007 530i and toying with the idea of doing a ED in early/mid October, and ordering a 2010 535i.
Is about 60 days about right to place order? Don't want to go too late in October and have to change to winter tires, and if too early in October you have hotel issues due to Octoberfest.
Then once turning vehicle back in, is an estimate of 4-5 weeks about right for redelivery? If so I should have minimal overlap with existing and new vehicle. Still a couple of months with 2 lease payments, but ED sounds like it would be worth it.

So in preparation for my visit to my dealer.....trying to make sure I understand the financial aspects of the deal.....

Fees: What fees does a dealer charge for an ED. (eg; Aquisition Fees...like a normal lease?)

Lease Calculation: US MSRP + Capitalized Cost (using Munich Invoice Numbers, which would be the agreed on price of vehicle including the appropriate dealer profit) + additional capital reduction (down payment, if any) + residual + term+ Aquisition Fees (if any) + Money factor (with .0003 ED adder) + tax = Lease Payment

Was wanting some feedback on the ED lease calculation, to insure I am running numbers correctly. I earlier used Munich MSRP and the remainder of the calc. and the numbers were significantly higher than using the US MSRP, then read somewhere here that you were to use Munich MSRP..........whew! Just trying to learn.........

Also, anyone see any downsides to the ED (other than the wait?) Sometimes I am a bit on the anal side (who here isn't?), and of all things that I worry about is scratching the car with the Euro plates in the back, and the double sided tape in the front ....(weird thing to worry about, huh?).......care to share any experiences?

Thanks for the help.
Also agree that search is your friend

A couple quick notes:

yes on using US MSRP for residual (since the car is resold in the US after the lease), yes on the .0003 MF adder

most dealers require $500 to $1000 deposit to order the car

BMW will make the payment for your second month (for the time lost in transit)

oktoberfest ends Oct 4, you shouldn't have trouble with the crowds come mid-october
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,524
Mein Auto: BMW
dont go too late in the fall, it'll be cold & rainy

go BEFORE oktoberfest, best time to go.

try to give no deposits, many dealers do not ask for it.

obviously, give no downpayments on a lease.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
twssas twssas is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: alabama
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 118
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Thanks for the tips.......I had been doing some searches, and did some more and finally found the info that validates my questions.

Again, thanks I appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2009, 01:07 PM
wmo168 wmo168 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: S. Florida
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 510
Mein Auto: 14' M235i AW ORDERED
Try to get intouch with the board sponser.. They offer good prices on ED...
__________________
ED 06/16/14, PCD ??/??/14 - 14' M235i F22 AW (Ordered)
ED 04/17/12, @Dealer 05/30/12 - 12' 335i F30 AW (Gone)
ED 05/01/11, PCD 07/01/11 - 11' M3 E93 MW (Gone)
ED 08/13/09, PCD 10/14/09 - 09' 135i E82 AW (Gone)

My ED Trip Photo Report 12'
My ED Trip Photo Report 11'
My ED Trip Photo Report 09'
My PCD Trip Photo Report 09'
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Gig103's Avatar
Gig103 Gig103 is offline
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
Location: Gilbert, AZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,709
Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Also, you estimated 4-5 weeks for return, but it can take longer. Someone on here had their car randomly selected for a US Customs 'detailed inspection' and it's been an extra several weeks.

I only mention this in case you are coming off lease of another car; don't time it down to the day, figure on 'worst case' even if you end up with two cars for an extra week or so.


Lastly, have you thought about doing the Performance Center in Greenville, SC? It's probably within a day's drive for you and worth the experience. Hotel room, dinner, and track time!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM
twssas twssas is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: alabama
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 118
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Also, you estimated 4-5 weeks for return, but it can take longer. Someone on here had their car randomly selected for a US Customs 'detailed inspection' and it's been an extra several weeks.

I only mention this in case you are coming off lease of another car; don't time it down to the day, figure on 'worst case' even if you end up with two cars for an extra week or so.


Lastly, have you thought about doing the Performance Center in Greenville, SC? It's probably within a day's drive for you and worth the experience. Hotel room, dinner, and track time!
I seen that post you are referring to ........I am guessing I will have a month overlap with both vehicles....and I am ok with that......and if it draws out too long....I am sure BMWFS will let me extend for a month....but that is something I need to check on.

I did mention to my wife about taking delivery in South Carolina. It is about a 6 hour drive from here....it is a thought......and she didn't say no........after all....it is her car.......and she...."yeah, right".......with a smirk.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-23-2009, 03:51 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,008
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
I did mention to my wife about taking delivery in South Carolina.
You're not taking delivery in SC - your main objective is to see the Biltmore Estate - right?.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms