Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E21 (1975 - 1983)

E21 (1975 - 1983)

Old 08-05-2009, 04:06 AM

Mein Auto: 1986 bmw 325es
need hekp asap

Story goes...me and the homies were out drivin...been slammin ckutch...downhill on neutral...I try to go to 4th to slow down while downshifting...transitioned smoothly...then I'm stuck in neutral..car starts fine.anyone know wut tf happend to my car?
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 AM

Ok so ummm...like I said...going downhill,somehow I got my gear stuck on second while my shift assembly feels stuck on neutral....I can control the cluth pedal in order to get 2nd gear going and I can accelerate...I tried to release the gear out of second while holding down the cluth pedal but the shifter doesn't budge...I'm gonna take my transmission down to check it out but any heads up or advice would be greatly appreciated...I like my 1986 bmw 325es...help me keep this baby going!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 05' 320cd M-Spec , 03' R6
sounds like the syncro mesh is gonski, big job to fix i think
Old 08-07-2009, 12:28 PM

Yea....I'm already about to drop the transmission and taking it to a guy I know to check it out but I was hoping for a response on something not as difficult.....its really weird because I didn't hear anything when it happend I was just coastingdown a hill and tried to throw it into 4th I believe but couldn't get out of what looked like neutral....one thing I think might have done it is that I flushed the transmission fluid and realized I had put the wrong tranny fluid...I don't recall mixing two kinds as I flush all fluids before changing them...just curious though...would the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder have anything to do with this?I don't see anything particularly wrong witht the clutch since I used it to drive home in 2nd gear without problems...anymore tranny knowledge would be greatly appreciated!