Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
CASJ-BMW CASJ-BMW is offline
Registered User
Location: San Jose
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
Mein Auto: Z3
2009 X5 Diesel purchasing price help

(1)

I saw somebody on this forum mentioning about the fact that during early part of this year, dealers were offering sort of $2500 rebate credit for X5 diesel. I have confirmed that fact with one of the dealers in here. So, does that mean that I can get the total of $7,000 ($2,500 + $4,500) credit when I decide to get the year 2009 X5 35D?

If that is the case, do I knock $7,000 off the dealers INVOICE price ($47,105) or the MSRP price ($51,200) ????

I phoned the local sales guy. He refused to answer that over the phone. But he agrees to discuss that with me in his office only.


(2)

It is almost the end of year. I don't want to apply the old strategy of "$500 over the invoice price" to a 2009 model. I think that I deserve more than that because 2009 is already an older model now. How much can I normally negotiate out of a older model?


(3)

Also, this is a diesel demo car. I don't know when they put in service. It has already got 115 miles on it. How much credit can I negotiate off that?


Please help.

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
lp2009 lp2009 is offline
Registered User
Location: ny
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2008 535xi
following as i am negotiating an x5 lease this w/e too
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Max Blast Max Blast is offline
Registered User
Location: PNW
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Hopefully an 09 XDrive35d
Dealers true cost - (4500 trunk money) + (2 to 3%profit) = your price. Stick to it.

For a demo, I would go 5-10% UNDER as its pretty much a used car.

The 2500 is news to me, sure you don't mean the $1800 federal tax credit? That does not factor into the purchase price and only comes out of your 1040.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 PM
ct545i ct545i is offline
Registered User
Location: CT, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2010 P C4S, 2009 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASJ-BMW View Post
(1)

I saw somebody on this forum mentioning about the fact that during early part of this year, dealers were offering sort of $2500 rebate credit for X5 diesel. I have confirmed that fact with one of the dealers in here. So, does that mean that I can get the total of $7,000 ($2,500 + $4,500) credit when I decide to get the year 2009 X5 35D?

If that is the case, do I knock $7,000 off the dealers INVOICE price ($47,105) or the MSRP price ($51,200) ????

I phoned the local sales guy. He refused to answer that over the phone. But he agrees to discuss that with me in his office only.


(2)

It is almost the end of year. I don't want to apply the old strategy of "$500 over the invoice price" to a 2009 model. I think that I deserve more than that because 2009 is already an older model now. How much can I normally negotiate out of a older model?


(3)

Also, this is a diesel demo car. I don't know when they put in service. It has already got 115 miles on it. How much credit can I negotiate off that?


Please help.

Thanks a lot
I believe I was the person who mentioned the $7000 total discount. That's $4500 eco credit + $2500 demo incentive. The latter would apply only if dealer put the vehicle in service within a cuple of weeks between Jan and Feb (I don't remember the exact dates, but mine was put in service on 2/2/09, I believe) - there was some special demo program then. This also means that the warranty and free maintenance period started on that date, so a bit of sucrifice.

I got $7k below invoice, so you should push for similar, but you may end up paying a few hundred extra, depending on how aggressive the dealer wants to be, of course. I had purchased 3 cars from them in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 PM
lp2009 lp2009 is offline
Registered User
Location: ny
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2008 535xi
any clue on the incentives on the new 2010 x5s?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 PM
hartman1081 hartman1081 is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 35
Send a message via AIM to hartman1081
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X5 3.0i (E53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASJ-BMW View Post
(1)

I saw somebody on this forum mentioning about the fact that during early part of this year, dealers were offering sort of $2500 rebate credit for X5 diesel. I have confirmed that fact with one of the dealers in here. So, does that mean that I can get the total of $7,000 ($2,500 + $4,500) credit when I decide to get the year 2009 X5 35D?

If that is the case, do I knock $7,000 off the dealers INVOICE price ($47,105) or the MSRP price ($51,200) ????

I phoned the local sales guy. He refused to answer that over the phone. But he agrees to discuss that with me in his office only.


(2)

It is almost the end of year. I don't want to apply the old strategy of "$500 over the invoice price" to a 2009 model. I think that I deserve more than that because 2009 is already an older model now. How much can I normally negotiate out of a older model?


(3)

Also, this is a diesel demo car. I don't know when they put in service. It has already got 115 miles on it. How much credit can I negotiate off that?


Please help.

Thanks a lot

(1) There is no $2500 rebate anymore from what I can tell. If there is then yes you would be able to take $7000 off (only if they're able to be combined). Having sold cars before, I doubt they are combinable.

(2) $500 over invoice on a 2009 Demo is a little too much. Most dealers will have an extra 2-3% that you never even see. Its called hold back.

Example:

$50,000 MSRP
$42,000 Invoice
$1,260 hold back
$40740 Actual dealer invoice

So if you ask for $500 under invoice, the dealer is still making $760.

(3) 115 miles. I wouldnt consider that a Demo. Just watch out how the do they're demo program. Some dealers actually buy the car from BMW and register the car to themselves. Which would mean that the car you are buying has already been registered once and is nowconsidered a used car.

If they just threw a dealer plate on the back of it so a manager or salesman could drive it as their daily driver, then 115 miles is nothing. Still consider it a new car.

Hope all this helps.
__________________

2005 BMW X5 3.0i w/ Prem, Nav. Toledo Blue Metallic, Light Beige Leather
2004 Acura TSX
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
JLee JLee is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bethesda, MD
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 232
Send a message via AIM to JLee
Mein Auto: 98 M3/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct545i View Post
I believe I was the person who mentioned the $7000 total discount. That's $4500 eco credit + $2500 demo incentive. The latter would apply only if dealer put the vehicle in service within a cuple of weeks between Jan and Feb (I don't remember the exact dates, but mine was put in service on 2/2/09, I believe) - there was some special demo program then. This also means that the warranty and free maintenance period started on that date, so a bit of sucrifice.

I got $7k below invoice, so you should push for similar, but you may end up paying a few hundred extra, depending on how aggressive the dealer wants to be, of course. I had purchased 3 cars from them in the past.
$7K off Invoice ? so thats like $12K below MSRP ? I'm looking for one now and the most I seem to be getting is around $7500 off MSRP

Jeff
__________________
1998 M3/4 Cosmos Black
AA Supercharger
Supersprint Exhaust
Bilstein/Eibach Suspension
UUC Swaybarbarians
and thats it !!!!!!!!

Last edited by JLee; 08-11-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-2009, 03:22 PM
astoddard10 astoddard10 is offline
Registered User
Location: Wheaton IL
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: Porsche Cayman S
Service Loaners

Question-

A dealer in the area has some X5 3.5Ds on the lot that they used as service loaners. They are selling them as "new" untitled cars, the example I test drove had 12K miles on it. They claimed you could get the 4500 rebate and 1000 BMWCCA rebate as this was a "new" car. We didnt go too far into pricing discussions. How does this work? I think "new" pricing would not apply to this car? I am seeing a fair number of 3.5Ds on autotrader.com listed as "new", including the car I test drove, and am wondering if a lot of dealers are trying to sell their loaner cars under these terms.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Craig B Craig B is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MO
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 613
Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35d 2007 Lexus LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by astoddard10 View Post
Question-

A dealer in the area has some X5 3.5Ds on the lot that they used as service loaners. They are selling them as "new" untitled cars, the example I test drove had 12K miles on it. They claimed you could get the 4500 rebate and 1000 BMWCCA rebate as this was a "new" car. We didnt go too far into pricing discussions. How does this work? I think "new" pricing would not apply to this car? I am seeing a fair number of 3.5Ds on autotrader.com listed as "new", including the car I test drove, and am wondering if a lot of dealers are trying to sell their loaner cars under these terms.
I wouldn't want to purchase a service loaner. Shop around! I would check with BMWNA and the BMWCCA about new car status for your CCA rebate. How long will they extend the warranty on the service loaner? Just curious...

Craig
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
ct545i ct545i is offline
Registered User
Location: CT, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
Mein Auto: 2010 P C4S, 2009 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
$7K off Invoice ? so thats like $12K below MSRP ? I'm looking for one now and the most I seem to be getting is around $7500 off MSRP

Jeff
Again, to qualify for the extra $2500 (in addition to $4500 Eco Credit), the car would have had to be "put in service" by the dealer within a cuple of weeks between Jan and Feb period - as there was an incentive then that some dealers had locked in. You'd have to specifically ask dealers about cars that already have "in service dates" on record.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
diesel, purchasing price, x5


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms