Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 04-12-2005, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 325ci
BMW is listening

Found this over on the E60.net forums.

http://www.internetweek.com/shared/p...leID=160503494

Interesting read. So our whining and bitching is not all for naught after all.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 AM
ggcbmwcca.org Member

Mein Auto: 2005 X5 4.4
Site if forbidden
Old 04-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass

Link no worky? HTTP 403?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 325i
link dont work

2009 BMW 328i Coupe, Space Gray, Black Leather, Gray Poplar Wood Trim, Sport Package, Premium Package, 6 Speed Steptronic, Xenons, Ipod USB, Sirius

2005 BMW 325i, Electric Red, Sand Leather, M Lip Spoiler, M-Tech Aero Kit, Aux Audio In, Myrtle Wood Trim, Premium Package, 5 Speed Steptronic, Xenon Lights, Harmon Kardon Sound System, PDC, OEM Alarm
Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Happy as a snapping clam

Mein Auto: 06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan
Link no worky? HTTP 403?
The link does not appear to work directly, but if you go here: http://www.internetweek.com/
then this article is second under Top Features:
Automakers Watching Consumers Online
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Format c:\*.* /y

Mein Auto: '01 330i
Give this link a try: http://CarMakersWatching.notlong.com
Old 04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
After reading this article... it sound like this thread should be moved to the "General Automotive" forum.

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
BMW is watching this site as I type:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?u=404
Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 PM
I'll drive!

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci, '00 528i
BMW is listening?

Chris Bangle makes me cry.

j/k
Old 04-12-2005, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

And when a dealer takes your car out for a joyride and totals it, BMW Customer Relations will be right there to post a canned apology email.

and nothing more.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass

OK ... so BMW is reading our whining and bitching. When are they going to do something about the "famous" problems (like ... window regulator )?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:43 AM
It's all about torque

Mein Auto: 2000 328i SP/PP FernGreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

Great, if BMW-NA is watching and listening, tell them this:
(1) Bring the lemon interior on the E90 to the US market now. It clearly is the winner in all Ihave read so far. Dark rugs and lighter seats are key for hot weather markets in the southern US.
(2) Allow us Ala' Carte ordering guides versus packages or,
(3) Allow all US compliant BMW Individual options on any European delivery.
(4) Do not sacrifice interior materials quality nor fit and finish for low initial price
(5) Remove the surcharge for metallic paints. I understand the rationale for it, but it insults the buyer's intelligence when cross shopping brands.
(6) Cover more wear items under CPO warranty to enhance used car value and uphold market value for new cars.

I came over to BMW from Mercedes-Benz when the interior quality of the 3-series improved dramtically with the introduction of the E46. I bought a 2-year old CPO E46 with 13K miles to test the waters of BMW reliability and protect myself from new car depreciation. I have had some issues with the car, but overall, I am satisfied. I would like BMW to continue their success and would hope they take into consideration my humble suggestions. Mr. Vatkens can contact me directly if he wishes at d.han@earthlink.net
Old 04-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Mein Auto: POS
well, they probably could care less but, they need to make sure problems like the window regulators(e46) and the subframe issues(e36 and e46), dropping material quality, etc get fixed. Most of all, they need to make the dealers better. As a whole, BMW delaers don't provide nearly the service nor the consideration for the customer as lexus/acura dealers provide.

And oh, get rid of the red rear turn signals on the e90...
Old 04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldn
OK ... so BMW is reading our whining and bitching. ...
I seriously hope they're not listening too carefully. There's way too much pettiness.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: '08 535 6mt
At the 3 Across event they admitted they monitored the 'Fest. Keep in mind that BMW is in business to make a profit, so you don't always get your wish. The US is not their only market when considering new designs.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:28 PM
No more Steptronic for me

Send a message via AIM to Andm99
Mein Auto: 2005 Silber Grau 325Ci
Let's also keep in mind BMW must sift through all complaints on each model, determine which ones are most important and influential, then decide how to act from there. Beyond that, BMW must also consider if it's financially sound to pursue these problems and if they did, would it actually yield results that justify the effort. We're dealing with a global corporation here, not one guy who would love to bend over backwards for us.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka
And when a dealer takes your car out for a joyride and totals it, BMW Customer Relations will be right there to post a canned apology email.

and nothing more.
No offense, but why would you expect BMW AG to care about the irresponsible actions of the dealer? It's not their problem, it's between you and the dealer's insurance company. Local issue, local accountability. Get over it.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP
No offense, but why would you expect BMW AG to care about the irresponsible actions of the dealer? It's not their problem, it's between you and the dealer's insurance company. Local issue, local accountability. Get over it.
So, let's say that your ZH peepee was in for service, and the tech wanted to see what the thundering 230HP can do, and proceeded to total the car and put himself in the hospital.

And when you went in to meet with the dealership owner, he handed you his insurance card and told you to GFY.

And let's say that you are not a lawyer and have no lawyer friends, I am sure you will "get over it" very quickly.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:52 PM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuka
So, let's say that your ZH peepee was in for service, and the tech wanted to see what the thundering 230HP can do, and proceeded to total the car and put himself in the hospital.

And when you went in to meet with the dealership owner, he handed you his insurance card and told you to GFY.

And let's say that you are not a lawyer and have no lawyer friends, I am sure you will "get over it" very quickly.
< irrelevant smartass comment about my choice of daily driver ignored. I'd be happy to compare my home, beach house, boat, or other liquid assets to Buttheads >

Sure I'd be pissed, but not at BMW. The issue is between you and the dealer, it has nothing to do with BMW AG.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi

Mein Auto: Frankenstein monster
Quote:
Sure I'd be pissed, but not at BMW. The issue is between you and the dealer, it has nothing to do with BMW AG.
Except that if it happened with a Lexus/Acura/Infiniti/Toyota/Honda dealer (let's include Porsche here), the manufacturer would in all likelihood listen - even if it were a local issue. It simply reflects badly on the manufacturer, believe it or not.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:20 PM
.oo=||=oo.

Mein Auto: Bimmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoney
...Most of all, they need to make the dealers better. As a whole, BMW delaers don't provide nearly the service nor the consideration for the customer as lexus/acura dealers provide...
Don't you get a survey call after each service visit from BMW NA? They've been quite persistent (i.e., pesky ) with me, to their credit. I.e., I'm pretty satisfied with the BMW dealer experience so far.

Last edited by hmr; 04-13-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:04 AM
BMW + twisty road = fun

Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Why the heck shouldn't BMW care about this total break down in customers service?

This is an authorized BMW dealer and they better damn well care about the way BMW as a company looks in a situation like Stuka's.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Family Man User

Mein Auto: BMW, M-B, Honda
I agree, BMW should care about a dealership issue, but they don't. They should care about a BMW consumer's total quality experience, whether it be a problem with a faulty NAV disc, a dealership that doesn't offer coffee, or whatever. Shaking their heads and saying it isn't their problem may be fine for profits in the short term, but when Lexus (and possibly others) offers such complete customer care, it seems BMW could and should as well to remain competitive in the long term.

2004 BMW 330i • 6MT • Orient Blue Metallic • Sand Leather • Black Cube Trim • ZHP • ZCW
Old 04-14-2005, 09:27 AM
No more Steptronic for me

Send a message via AIM to Andm99
Mein Auto: 2005 Silber Grau 325Ci
The reason they probably don't care is a result of the security in knowing that if one dealer fails in an area, there will be someone right behind them putting in a bid to pick up the BMW sales in a given area.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:28 AM
In cubicle hell

Mein Auto: 400.03.325ci
I wrote to BMW in Germany couple of years ago about an issue I was having with the dealership, who didn't want to acknowledge that the BMW bicycle attachment for the BMW roof rack had a manufacturing defect that spilled my road bike on my brand new car...
they said that the dealer was final judge in this, and were of absolutely no help at all.
It was funny though, because the director of customer service kept saying that he had *two* customers:
- me
- BMW
Not how the heck could BMW be his client?!?!?!?
I quit trying to figure it out and just paid the $600 it cost to fix the roof... 6 months later... (it was so depressing getting into my car every morning and looking at the mess the roof was in... all because the service manager was on vacation and then was waiting for the regional advisor , etc...)
That was by far the worst experience I've ever had at any dealership... I almost can't wait for the warranty to expire so I can go back to my old mechanic...