BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

iDrive 4.0 CIC in first run 2010 X5

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  irv09 
#1 ·
Everyone's excited about 2010 X5 which is supposed to have the new iDrive. TWO questions:

1. Do we know for a fact the new system will be in ALL 2010 X5's, including the first run off the line in Sept/Oct? I've been looking for solid confirmation that this is a fact (hopefully something better than "my CA/SA said..."). Any info appreciated - maybe I'll post on Ask-a-Dealer too...

2. Has anyone tried both the current edition and the new edition? Hard drive/ONE optical device benefits aside, is it really difficult to use the current system? Is the new one really better than sliced bread, etc?

Thanks-

#3 ·
I had the iDrive in my 07 550I and the new iDrive in my 2010 550 is much better. The only change that I miss in the current system is that I cannot dial via name. In the old system, I could say "Call John Smith"; the new system will dial only by number with voice dialing. The new iDrive is faster and it is better with data entry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.