Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
all of this was like 4ish years ago.

got the new project under a car cover. i knew that free thing would come in handy.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 04-10-2011, 01:08 PM
East Bound And Down

Send a message via AIM to noexceptions325
Mein Auto: 325e,Jeep,240z,528i
ohh and VW's are girls cars PERIOD

and pics of the new car or it didnt happen!

Built 325e too much to list, Heavily modified Jeep, Datsun about to get a 351, and now a 528i
Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexceptions325 View Post
ohh and VW's are girls cars PERIOD

and pics of the new car or it didnt happen!
you dont have to tell me my little sister is trying to disgrace my family with a vw. my mom has like 12+ BMW's .. my little sister wants a jetta , sad thing is they might buy one for her.

give me a second and ill get some sweet pics of the new car.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
East Bound And Down

Send a message via AIM to noexceptions325
Mein Auto: 325e,Jeep,240z,528i
AHHH!!! my family is doing the same FREAKING THING.. except my sister wants a damn BUG... and i know im going to be the one working on it

Built 325e too much to list, Heavily modified Jeep, Datsun about to get a 351, and now a 528i
Old 04-10-2011, 01:21 PM
610EUROs

i know i wont be the one working on my sisters car, so i dont care. just wish she liked good cars, and not that mexican crap.

model specific car covers are so much better then that universal crap. this car cover came with my old blue 325es(ansteads last car), its been sitting unused since then. i also got a free indoor universal car cover with it, but that things a real piece of crap. want pics of it not covered .. you'll have to wait till i start the project

Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
Hear ya on the back stabbing. Can't tell anyone your ideas, or they try and turn it for a profit by making them for less.

Blunt has always beat whatever prices I got anywhere else, no comment on that, but then again, I use him for supplying my shop.

I love how there was some banning going on because the guy who publicly published the .xdf files needed to tune the OBD1 got so many people bent out of shape - specially the ones selling their chips for a high dollar. I have a 30-page or so thread on e30tech about it, no one ever bothered me. Still love how everyone flames me for tuning it ("buy MS" they say") but they don;t realize we aren't clocking AFM springs or using RRFPR/FMU lol, but actually trimming the fuel and spark tables right through the Motronic.

Had a guy approach me with questions about it, funny he sells APR hardware for almost 2x what any distributor can buy it for, and he's still less than the larger vendors haha!

We are about to release our BMW line of products, probably mid to late summer, but I have a feeling other vendors won't like us...

Agree with you on the fitted cover, far superior to buying a "medium" or "compact". Need one or my e30, but haven't stressed about it too much since we still have room in the shop for it or now. Wanna get my f150 back into shape as a daily and cruise the e30, once it's being stored most of the time, will want a cover. It's already so dusty from sitting in the shop these past couple weeks while I wait for Cometic to get their thumb out their arses on my custom gasket
Old 04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
610EUROs

everyone will always try and take your ideas and sell them for less. whether its before its released or after. everything can be made cheaper. BMW parts vendors are still stuck on the badge raising the price. you can get the same size/quality products for other makes for ungodly cheaper. dont know what your planning on selling and i wont say what i plan on selling(technically neither of us can say anyway considering we arent vendors) but no matter what someone will try to steal it. goal for me is just to be cheaper then any of the other vendors who charge these ungodly inflated prices simply because the part goes on a bmw.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Yeah, I won't be advertising on forum, no need to Our GM store has traffic in the millions without advertising.

The product I mentioned is my take on the correct way to build m20 headers. Showed some pics of my merge collectors and a guy is already going to Burn's to buy collectors and is talking about cheap headers made in Taiwan. Oh well, to each their own. Only stuff we sell "cheap" is the stuff from large vendors like hardware, MLS, forged pistons etc. Another company tried copying our headers we make for GM, but they quickly realized we are selling them reasonably, yet at a higher quality - they have no idea what evacuation or velocity is ROFL
Old 04-11-2011, 01:45 AM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
So who's going to vote Donald Trump?

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 AM
dream chasin'

Send a message via AIM to anstead610
Mein Auto: 24v e30 -88 toyota pickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethrty View Post
So who's going to vote Donald Trump?
we were talking about this at work, I said he should run because he knows how to manage money. One of the guys I work with said Donald Trump would just lower taxes for the rich, and leave us not so rich people with higher taxes. So I am undecided, although I do not vote, my vote won't matter and neither will yours, the government will choose who they want.

Now about the bans, I was banned on e30tech for crapping on someones thread who wanted 3x the price of something brand new, and it was used.

I was originally banned from r3v because one of the mods thought I was Steve. I only figured that out because I PM'd the mod over there (with another username "donttazemebro") who banned me. He said to just keep the name "donttazemebro" and he will leave the "anstead610" name banned because there wasn't much like for me there. I always crapped on threads where people were asking way too much for their stuff. I was then banned on "donttazemebro" because Danny was a terrible moderator and decided to ban me because he felt like it, I PM'd Janderson and JamesCrivellaro, neither of them messaged me back. In my opinion they have no idea how to run a forum, it's been down for nearly 2 days now. I now have a new name on r3v, I will not tell you because if you really cared you could easily find me, I don't hide it.

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by anstead610 View Post
I now have a new name on r3v, I will not tell you because if you really cared you could easily find me, I don't hide it.
Just chasin dreams arent you anstead
And the topic of Trump running for president was also discussed at work. I honestly think at this point it couldn't hurt to have someone OTHER than a lifetime politician running the country. He obviously knows how to run a successful business, maybe its time the US was run like one. I also like his viewpoints regarding taxing imports from China. Problem is, nobody really knows enough about his other view points enough at this time to form a solid opinion of him.

I haven't had many issues on R3V. The mods are pretty useless (with the exception of Mystikal and Nando in my experience), most never respond to PMs, and generally just talk down to people. There is certainly a group of untouchables on there that would NEVER be banned.

Anstead, in order to get on the site you literally have to type in the www. in front of R3V, otherwise you get the 501 error.

Last edited by Ryan...; 04-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM

Yeah I agree on the mixed opinions thing. Too early at this stage to decide, but all in all I think he's got his hands in too many pies. That said, if the US system is run anything like the nz one, if he wants something, he's not the only one that deciders whether it's going to happen or not, it has to be voted in via parliament. I'm not sure how the American government works, but if it's anything like that, I would be a bit less uneasy.

I can't vote in the American elections, but it has the potential to affect me and my country.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Trump, Perot, none of those types will ever get voted in just because they have and know how to manage money - there's far too many variables of more concern than debt itself.

I remember when Dukakis was running in 1988, they actually sold cigarettes with his name on them. Don't know what made me think of that, but thought it was funny.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:02 PM

http://ca.jalopnik.com/5790896/rusty...troyed-in-fire
Old 04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
610EUROs

direct quote from mike. i screen shotted the post so it cant be removed by anyone.

"Eventually, at some point down the road, my rusty e28's life will have to come to an end since it's slowly being eaten.

I'm thinking I yank the motor and then just set the car on fire and film it. "

directly from his mouth. funny those are the exact circumstances that went down.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
direct quote from mike. i screen shotted the post so it cant be removed by anyone.

"Eventually, at some point down the road, my rusty e28's life will have to come to an end since it's slowly being eaten.

directly from his mouth. funny those are the exact circumstances that went down.
I pointed that out on R3V, and some stupid fool jumped all over me, and sent me a PM about how I should "STFU because I'm a just a ****ing noob" and some other dumb stuff
Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 AM

post it on his thread in the middle of the night. PM me the photo. put it on photobucket. call him out lol. im sure his insurance company would love to know that

E30 above Sold

Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 AM
610EUROs

id love to email it to mikes local police station. but i have no idea what exact part of TN he lives in. anyone who posts that link seems to get attacked by his "fans". i posted it in tcl on tex in a thread mike was posting in last night.

copy and paste from tcl;

direct quote from mike :

what a coincidence .. think i made that up ? click:

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18

all of you are claiming he lost everything and all of his wheels ?

pictures show he only had like 8 wheels in the garage total(assuming he even left them in there). you can see he had a bunch outside the garage

http://speed hunters.com/archive/2011/04/11/news-gt-gt-r-i-p-rusty-slammington.aspx
(remove the space between speed and hunters)

pictures show that the right side of the garage where all of the tools and stuff seem to be wasnt torched like the cars side was.

mikes story is he was trying to start an engine while it was sitting in front of the garage and it shot a fireball that blew up a gas tank that was in the garage and it blew up.

first. that story is a far stretch even to the most gullible person. second, there is no gas tank in the previous picture(let alone a full one), nor is there any motor in or around the garage. which means he had to bring the motor back directly in front of the car to start this fiasco.

in my opinion mike did exactly what he said he would, he commited arson and burned his own car/garage. hell, he even posted the video exactly like he said he would. my opinion is based on the facts and the pictures given.

if your going to come back with some ignorant comment based on blind faith in a kid you dont know or just because you liked his car .. think before you post. defend him/the situation with FACTS, not your childish " everyones a hater" opinion.

am i being heartless to the situation ? no. ive talked to mike before and ive seen alot of what he says online. i dont care for him, what he does or anything to do with him. im glad he is ok, just because i dont like someones opinion or vehicle doesnt mean id wish bodily injury or death on them. "

nobody has said anything to me yet, not even mike.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Please, call me Brian.

^^^ agree 100%

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2500540

Here are people jumping all over myself and a couple other members for voicing our opinions on the matter. Funny, the link to the stanceworks thread where Mike talks about "removing the motor and burning it down" was removed yesterday after another member bumped it....

Last edited by Ryan...; 04-12-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
610EUROs

the link doesnt work anymore .. well .. lets bring that sucker back up. :

Last edited by fcsteve; 04-12-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Please, call me Brian.

save that forever
Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
610EUROs

i dont plan for it to "dissappear"

Old 04-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Good! I never realized there were so many loyal, die hard fans of that car.. I liked it in the sense it looked different, but thats as far as my loyalty ever went. Some people are willing to fight to the death to save the legendary rusty
Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM

i just put it on bimmersport.co.nz i cant wait to see the **** fight thats going to happen haha
Link here

E30 above Sold

Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
dream chasin'

Send a message via AIM to anstead610
Mein Auto: 24v e30 -88 toyota pickup
I posted up on vwvortex and r3v saying how it is ironic it went the same exact way he said it would. Few people agreed but way more were on mikes side. If it wasn't an accident I actually would feel bad. I highly doubt it was. Everything of worth was stripped off the car before the fire, hmmm.

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.