Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
Well maybe I'm not cool enough to be part of the "610 gang" then.

16' 2x12's significantly reduce the incline, you guys act like you have the lowest sh!t in the country, make fun of bags, m20 sux unless it's yours, I must bow down to the 610 crew (all two of you). A 2x is 1.5-1.65" pending suppler, at 12-16' long rising 3', unless your lip hit that 1.5", it goes up. The wheel base on an e30 isn't even 12' - FLlCK, it's not even 10' ROFL

EDIT: But "oh yeah" your cars bend the rules of physics!

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 04-25-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 AM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
This **** just got real...

...again!

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 AM
dream chasin'

Send a message via AIM to anstead610
Mein Auto: 24v e30 -88 toyota pickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
Well maybe I'm not cool enough to be part of the "610 gang" then.

16' 2x12's significantly reduce the incline, you guys act like you have the lowest sh!t in the country, make fun of bags, m20 sux unless it's yours, I must bow down to the 610 crew (all two of you). A 2x is 1.5-1.65" pending suppler, at 12-16' long rising 3', unless your lip hit that 1.5", it goes up. The wheel base on an e30 isn't even 12' - FLlCK, it's not even 10' ROFL

EDIT: But "oh yeah" your cars bend the rules of physics!
Who said anything about you needing to be "cool" like the "610 gang"? Who said anything about an m20 or talked down about it? Could that 2x12 even support the weight of the car? Serious question. If it could sure let me go carry around a 2x12 in the trunk of my e30. You are an idiot. No tow truck company anywhere around here carries 2 2x12s and I'm sure if you told them to go out and buy it for your car they'd laugh at you and hang up. Most places around here I've talked to charge 75 dollars more just to tow a lowered car and they want cash up front. They want 75 starting price just to start the truck up and depending how far you could easily hit 200+ for just a few miles. Then add the 75 to tow said lowered car. Let me know when you roll around with 300 dollars in your pocket at all times in case your car breaks down. Don't even pull the "I own a shop I know what I'm doing" because if I remember right you couldn't even rebuild your m20 correctly.

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethrty View Post
This **** just got real...

...again!
This is the interwebz, everything you see here is real, didn't you know?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anstead610 View Post
Who said anything about you needing to be "cool" like the "610 gang"? Who said anything about an m20 or talked down about it? Could that 2x12 even support the weight of the car? Serious question. If it could sure let me go carry around a 2x12 in the trunk of my e30. You are an idiot. No tow truck company anywhere around here carries 2 2x12s and I'm sure if you told them to go out and buy it for your car they'd laugh at you and hang up. Most places around here I've talked to charge 75 dollars more just to tow a lowered car and they want cash up front. They want 75 starting price just to start the truck up and depending how far you could easily hit 200+ for just a few miles. Then add the 75 to tow said lowered car. Let me know when you roll around with 300 dollars in your pocket at all times in case your car breaks down. Don't even pull the "I own a shop I know what I'm doing" because if I remember right you couldn't even rebuild your m20 correctly.
Has nothing to do with owning a shop. Since I have been driving for 20yrs in Oct, very aware of tow truck prices, and is the very reason there's a little white card in the wallet wit a big red "AAA" on it.

And if you remember correctly, I didn't rebuild the m20, but I'm sure if your idol said I did, then it must have happened. Even if I blow up my motor, I'll just go driving it around town, make sure it's done in good.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:17 AM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
AAA basic (the white card) is a joke. you get a 3 mile tow from your location. you better just be doing laps around the shop you want to go to or they arent towing you there. and they WILL leave you on the side of the highway if thats as far as your 3 mile tow got you. they left my ex in a parking lot because that was the closest place that was within her 3 mile towing limit for AAA basic. she had to go in a store to ask where the hell she was so i could go up and use my AAA premier account to tow her car back.

i never said you rebuilt your m20 . so you can just soak in how ignorant that comment was.

try slamming an e30 and putting it on a flatbed. you can talk all you want, but till you've seen/tried it the talk is coming out of your behind

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
This is the interwebz, everything you see here is real, didn't you know?!?!

Has nothing to do with owning a shop. Since I have been driving for 20yrs in Oct, very aware of tow truck prices, and is the very reason there's a little white card in the wallet wit a big red "AAA" on it.

And if you remember correctly, I didn't rebuild the m20, but I'm sure if your idol said I did, then it must have happened. Even if I blow up my motor, I'll just go driving it around town, make sure it's done in good.
You replaced the head gasket on your m20 and it leaked...why? Because you didn't do it like a shop should.

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 PM
East Bound And Down

Send a message via AIM to noexceptions325
Mein Auto: 325e,Jeep,240z,528i
^this

i have a solution for all of you... BUY A DAMN TOW DOLLY and OWN A TRUCK/SUV

now go away

Built 325e too much to list, Heavily modified Jeep, Datsun about to get a 351, and now a 528i
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
AAA basic (the white card) is a joke. you get a 3 mile tow from your location. you better just be doing laps around the shop you want to go to or they arent towing you there. and they WILL leave you on the side of the highway if thats as far as your 3 mile tow got you. they left my ex in a parking lot because that was the closest place that was within her 3 mile towing limit for AAA basic. she had to go in a store to ask where the hell she was so i could go up and use my AAA premier account to tow her car back.

i never said you rebuilt your m20 . so you can just soak in how ignorant that comment was.

try slamming an e30 and putting it on a flatbed. you can talk all you want, but till you've seen/tried it the talk is coming out of your behind
Um, my white card has 3 100 mile tows, ever hear of "plus"? Like I said, been a member since 1991 when I started driving. What were you doing in the early 90's?

The rebuild comment was aimed at the leg humper who said I rebuilt it (you know the guy that even copied the "610 into his username).

If your woman had the basic, the driver would have told her the miles were up, if she whipped out the wallet, she would have paid a whole $1 per mile, no hookup fee.

The race car lip is inches on the ground and if you look at the pics of it on the trailer, we made 2x10" ramps. Don't tell me what has or hasn't been done.

Quote:
You replaced the head gasket on your m20 and it leaked...why? Because you didn't do it like a shop should.
Dude, I took a head off a parts car and slapped it on mine, went from 95whp to 134. When was the last time you made 40 more hp from an engine without a swap? It wasn't a HG replacement, it's called having fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexceptions325 View Post
^this

i have a solution for all of you... BUY A DAMN TOW DOLLY and OWN A TRUCK/SUV

now go away
Check, check. Lol. The v10 has no problems hauling trailers, cars, people :P

If anyone's panties get bent out of shape by something said on a chatter thread, need to have your head checked. Just find it amusing that the people who so graciously give it, have trouble taking it.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
Um, my white card has 3 100 mile tows, ever hear of "plus"? Like I said, been a member since 1991 when I started driving. What were you doing in the early 90's?

The rebuild comment was aimed at the leg humper who said I rebuilt it (you know the guy that even copied the "610 into his username).

If your woman had the basic, the driver would have told her the miles were up, if she whipped out the wallet, she would have paid a whole $1 per mile, no hookup fee.

The race car lip is inches on the ground and if you look at the pics of it on the trailer, we made 2x10" ramps. Don't tell me what has or hasn't been done.
either you really dont have AAA and are again talking out of your behind or your area AAA is completely different then mine.

AAA basic is a white card
AAA plus is a gold card
AAA premier is a platinum/silver card

ive had all 3.

to continue towing was $10 per mile .. bieng a college student she doesnt carry around 700+ dollars to pay cash for the over 70 mile tow back home.

a trailer and a flatbed tow truck are two COMPLETELY different things. flatbed trailers are much lower and you can ramp onto them. a flatbed tow truck is much higher and at a much sharper angle upwards. leave your orange out of the apples conversation.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
610EUROs

i had a white basic card years ago, gold plus card last year and i have platinum premier card this year.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Hi John

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
610EUROs

Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
Will I be shunned if I cheap out and buy some JOM coilovers to get low? My IE stage 3 springs, billy sports, and 15mm drop hats just isn't cutting it for me
And GC is way out of the question for the foreseeable future..
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 PM

I'll say it again. Been a member for almost 20yrs. Work trucks have the gold, my personal say plus right on them, mom in law's car that never goes more than a mile from the house is basic. If it really mattered I would show you a pic.

As far as the ramps, a flat bed will tilt, the trailer does not, therefore making your point mute. Ramps for the 2' high flat trailer are 7' long, the car has 5" springs maybe 1/2" off the stop on the collars. You should understand that well Mr. Static ride height.

Bow down to the know-it-all.

You hate on everyone's stuff, yet you sell you "masterpieces" on CL, banned from the general e30 forums. Things just happen for a reason, not just cause.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Will I be shunned if I cheap out and buy some JOM coilovers to get low? My IE stage 3 springs, billy sports, and 15mm drop hats just isn't cutting it for me
And GC is way out of the question for the foreseeable future..
Have a car coming in next week or so for a stroker swap and JOM coilovers, I was actually surprised at the quality of the kit after giving it the once over.

But WAIT! If you don;t spend more than your car is worth on suspension and rims that you are just gonna swap to the next car, you are just dirt! AHAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 PM
610EUROs

the crazy angle of the flatbed tow truck tilting IS what makes it impossible to get up.

my car was worth far more then its suspension and wheels together

ive only ever listed 1 car on craigslist. and it sold for more then it would have on a forum. craigslist deals only with locals who can come see the car for themselves and not 10,000 people who have never seen the car who want t try and getit shipped across half the county at no charge to them. that makes selling complete cars on craigslist alot better then selling on any general e30 forum

lastly

youve read why i was banned from the other forums, im completely ok with bieng banned for those reasons

Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Guess you never took geometry. Tilted flat bed with extra ramp extensions will have less of an incline of a static trailer. Need a formula to help you along?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
Guess you never took geometry. Tilted flat bed with extra ramp extensions will have less of an incline of a static trailer. Need a formula to help you along?
math was the only subject i could ace while sleeping

Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:

Dude, I took a head off a parts car and slapped it on mine, went from 95whp to 134. When was the last time you made 40 more hp from an engine without a swap? It wasn't a HG replacement, it's called having fun.

Check, check. Lol. The v10 has no problems hauling trailers, cars, people :P

If anyone's panties get bent out of shape by something said on a chatter thread, need to have your head checked. Just find it amusing that the people who so graciously give it, have trouble taking it.
You calling me a leg humper is showing your true ignorance. Nothing of what I said was from Steve talking, it was from reading your "New to BMW's" thread where you put a head on a motor and it leaked like hell.

I copied the 610 into my name? If I can see correctly, Steve's name is "fcsteve", there is no 610. 610 is our area code(duh), so me having that in my name means I am copying? You live a sad life Mr. Troll, go back to your cave.

Basic is 5 free miles and don't know how much after that, website doesn't say.

Trailer is by far a lot easier to get a lowered car on than a flatbed. The tilt is too high, I did it on Steve's mom's flat bed, and this was before I was as low as I am. My exhaust hit the ground in the back and bent the round tips flat, and bent my front valance (with no lip). So again, about your arrogance..

Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
math was the only subject i could ace while sleeping
W00t! Great minds. Scored top 10% in the country Love math, so tell your neighbor that an incline on an incline reduced the initial and secondary incline.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
You calling me a leg humper is showing your true ignorance. Nothing of what I said was from Steve talking, it was from reading your "New to BMW's" thread where you put a head on a motor and it leaked like hell.

I copied the 610 into my name? If I can see correctly, Steve's name is "fcsteve", there is no 610. 610 is our area code(duh), so me having that in my name means I am copying? You live a sad life Mr. Troll, go back to your cave.

Basic is 5 free miles and don't know how much after that, website doesn't say.

Trailer is by far a lot easier to get a lowered car on than a flatbed. The tilt is too high, I did it on Steve's mom's flat bed, and this was before I was as low as I am. My exhaust hit the ground in the back and bent the round tips flat, and

bent my front valance (with no lip). So again, about your arrogance..
Go play WOW, kid, and get your underoo skidmarks checked.

Euro610 and anstead610...need I say more? Oh, wait, that was coincidence perhaps?

New to bmw's thread started 5yrs ago, were you even in HS yet?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:31 PM
BMW...riceless

Mein Auto: 1987 325is
got my next project...1973 hd electraglide. will post some before pics. it cleaned up rather well...but will get completely disassembled this winter. i love the old stuff...
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
W00t! Great minds. Scored top 10% in the country Love math, so tell your neighbor that an incline on an incline reduced the initial and secondary incline.
trailer runs the angle under the center of the car.

e30's have issue out the back and up front. flat bed even with ramps doesnt help, your still meeting angles front and rear

http://www.aaaeastpenn.com/membership/index.jsp

basic is 4x 3 mile tows

plus is 4x 100 mile tows

premier 1x 200 mile tow and 3x 100 mile tows

you cant combine miles and they limit how many miles you can go over your given amount even if you pay the extra charges.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eieio4tn View Post
got my next project...1973 hd electraglide. will post some before pics. it cleaned up rather well...but will get completely disassembled this winter. i love the old stuff...
i like old school bikes(not that id ever own a motorized death trap) but those big bulky bikes just look terrible IMO