Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM
1 John 1:9

Mein Auto: E30, Rabbit GTI
That's pretty gross. I guess your semi out of commission for a couple weeks? Just out of curiosity, how many 24v swaps has you and your shop done?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:48 PM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkaczuk View Post
Possibly getting my hands on a MK1 Rabbit GTI, I just have to find a clean one which has been tricky.
VW you say ?

on that crappy note .. i might be trading my 90' 325i for a 73' super beetle this week. semi-against my will

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
on that crappy note .. i might be trading my 90' 325i for a 73' super beetle this week. semi-against my will
How against your will?

Oh, and what other cars do you like other then E30's and a few E34's?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
How against your will?

Oh, and what other cars do you like other then E30's and a few E34's?
i wanted a Ford model A pickup, well i found an original 30' roadster pickup. guy is asking $4000, but was willing to trade .. just not for my BMW. he is a hardcore VW douche. he said he would trade for a beetle. so i went online and found a guy who has a 73' super beetle with a rebuilt motor and carb. offered him my silver 90' 325i + cash on his side as a trade. the guy was super excited to trade his car + cash for my car. i called the guy with the model A and he said he would definetly take that as a trade. so i will be the owner of a VW beetle for a very short period of time.

i'm not a fan of e34's. i like certain year STI's.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
Quote:
That's pretty gross. I guess your semi out of commission for a couple weeks? Just out of curiosity, how many 24v swaps has you and your shop done?
Have no idea. It's probably been a dozen between swaps, correcting/finishing swaps, done m42 to m20 swaps, all that jazz. About 80% of client base is e30's.

Quote:
ouch.

VW you say ?

73 is an ugly model with the curved windshield - other than that I love air-cooled dubs. Had a 71 with louvered running boards, white window seals, Porsche rims, chrome engine slammed and a turquoise paint job (PO ugh), and a purple (PO ugh) 72 Super Beetle (flat window/strut front) with fresh interior, 1650 with a stinger, wide body with tear-drop tail lights and shaved blinkers. Bought both as they were in the early 90's for $500 ea lol.

The 1986 325es Delphin project LINK

Project 1988 325i sedan "Pinky" LINK

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 06-23-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
i wanted a Ford model A pickup, well i found an original 30' roadster pickup. guy is asking $4000, but was willing to trade .. just not for my BMW. he is a hardcore VW douche. he said he would trade for a beetle. so i went online and found a guy who has a 73' super beetle with a rebuilt motor and carb. offered him my silver 90' 325i + cash on his side as a trade. the guy was super excited to trade his car + cash for my car. i called the guy with the model A and he said he would definetly take that as a trade. so i will be the owner of a VW beetle for a very short period of time.

i'm not a fan of e34's. i like certain year STI's.
I'm not a huge fan or vw's but i really like how the rabbit gti drives. I think most of them are pretty ughly. A nice mk3 gti isn't too bad. I like subaru's in general. Not sure about a old ford truck. Not really a huge fan of trucks in general.

Oh, and nice wheeling and dealling. That takes a lot of risk.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:19 AM
610EUROs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
73 is an ugly model with the curved windshield - other than that I love air-cooled dubs. Had a 71 with louvered running boards, white window seals, Porsche rims, chrome engine slammed and a turquoise paint job (PO ugh), and a purple (PO ugh) 72 Super Beetle (flat window/strut front) with fresh interior, 1650 with a stinger, wide body with tear-drop tail lights and shaved blinkers. Bought both as they were in the early 90's for $500 ea lol.
i prefer the super beetle over the regular beetle, not that i like either one. the one i'm trading for has a 1640cc Scat engine and porsche wheels on it.

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan or vw's but i really like how the rabbit gti drives. I think most of them are pretty ughly. A nice mk3 gti isn't too bad. I like subaru's in general. Not sure about a old ford truck. Not really a huge fan of trucks in general.

Oh, and nice wheeling and dealling. That takes a lot of risk.
ive never like any vw, nor how any of them drive. ive never owned 1, but ive driven a bunch. However, my ex had 1 (mk3 golf)and my buddys ex has 1 (mk3 cabrio). i was "in charge" so to say of repairing them both, after the 5th time in a 2 month period of major parts failing, i told both of them they can find another mechanic.

--------------------

i buy/re-sell cars, its essentially my "job" if you want to call it that. this transaction has safety nets all around it.

how is it "safe" for me ?

i paid $450 for the BMW i'm trading. i currently have $10 in paint invested into it. i had planned to fix it up and sell for around $4k, with an estimated $2.5k profit margin.

once i trade for the beetle i will be back at $0 invested since i will be getting the VW PLUS around $500 cash.

IF the guy with the Model A won't trade for it. i can put a couple hundred dollars into it and resell it for around $4.5k with an estimated $4k profit margin.

IF the guy with the Model A will trade for it, i will have a historic antique vehicle which once restored would have an estimated $8k profit margin.

i am ahead no matter how the situation plays out.

-------------------------------

I'm not a fan of any Ford and i'm not interested in owning/driving a truck. This is simply a money motivated deal. i have a new project i want to start and it requires more money than i can afford to throw at it right now. so i need cars with a bigger profit margin ASAP.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
i prefer the super beetle over the regular beetle, not that i like either one. the one i'm trading for has a 1640cc Scat engine and porsche wheels on it.

It's cosmetic why I don't like most Super Beetles. 72 had the flat window but the better front suspension and more room in the trunk. They both feel like a go-cart when driving, though lol. Even with an over-sized engine, they can barely get out of their own way. Enjoyed driving them, though.

EDIT: Except in FL summers. Even with the vent window, it would be hot in them

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 06-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:54 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
It's cosmetic why I don't like most Super Beetles. 72 had the flat window but the better front suspension and more room in the trunk. They both feel like a go-cart when driving, though lol. Even with an over-sized engine, they can barely get out of their own way. Enjoyed driving them, though.

EDIT: Except in FL summers. Even with the vent window, it would be hot in them

I prefer the super body over the standard. Plus with the better front suspension it will be easier to slam so I can get the VW kids itching to buy it for more money.

Maybe I'll throw on a Thermador cooler

Last edited by fcsteve; 06-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 PM

Easier? Torsion isn't hard to drop. Yeah, it's preference on the front look. I didn't mind the SB, but I owned them when they were just over 20yrs old. Kind of like the e30 early and late debate - just opposite, most in the scene back then liked the earliest models better.

On another note, e30 was involved in an accident, it's totaled. Already have an identical car, one month newer and almost 300k more miles, but it's Zinno. Will post about it eventually but just got it on Wed night, cut my hand on Thursday

Buying the Delphin car back from insurance, hoping to straighten it enough to make a track car and use the interior, seals, motor, what's left of suspension etc on the new Zinno car.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
610EUROs

Quote:
Easier? Torsion isn't hard to drop. Yeah, it's preference on the front look. I didn't mind the SB, but I owned them when they were just over 20yrs old. Kind of like the e30 early and late debate - just opposite, most in the scene back then liked the earliest models better.
the guy I'm trading it to would prefer a standard beetle. but all i can offer him right this moment is the super, which he said he'd be ok with. I was very surprised at how insanely cheap parts for the beetles are. in my area there is over 6 people asking more than $10k for stock/not mint beetles. the only ones below $5k are piles of rust.

for brand new; complete front and rear chrome bumpers, headlights, headlight rings, taillights, front signals, door cards/quarter panel cards and a complete carpet the total cost is less than $550 with shipping. i see absolutely no reason these cars are valued so high.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Quote:

Won't post a pic in case of any weak stomachs, but click if you want to see my thumb bone lol...

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/q...28949572_n.jpg
id just like to say i was too soft to click

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:

ive never like any vw, nor how any of them drive. ive never owned 1, but ive driven a bunch. However, my ex had 1 (mk3 golf)and my buddys ex has 1 (mk3 cabrio). i was "in charge" so to say of repairing them both, after the 5th time in a 2 month period of major parts failing, i told both of them they can find another mechanic.

--------------------

i buy/re-sell cars, its essentially my "job" if you want to call it that. this transaction has safety nets all around it.

how is it "safe" for me ?

i paid $450 for the BMW i'm trading. i currently have $10 in paint invested into it. i had planned to fix it up and sell for around $4k, with an estimated $2.5k profit margin.

once i trade for the beetle i will be back at $0 invested since i will be getting the VW PLUS around $500 cash.

IF the guy with the Model A won't trade for it. i can put a couple hundred dollars into it and resell it for around $4.5k with an estimated $4k profit margin.

IF the guy with the Model A will trade for it, i will have a historic antique vehicle which once restored would have an estimated $8k profit margin.

i am ahead no matter how the situation plays out.

-------------------------------

I'm not a fan of any Ford and i'm not interested in owning/driving a truck. This is simply a money motivated deal. i have a new project i want to start and it requires more money than i can afford to throw at it right now. so i need cars with a bigger profit margin ASAP.
sounds like me with the Mercedes I just picked up

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumchev2 View Post
i'm pretty bored too but probably because it's 3:18
Clean red Bimmer man.
Digging the grenade sticker! I Have the same one on one of my cars.
How hard is it to get under that fender to pop the dent out? I helped my buddy with his but the paint chipped a little.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:17 PM

This guy will be in my garage in about a week. 83 Rabbit gti

Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: 1987 BMW 325e
Always loved the red outline on the grille
Old 06-29-2012, 12:05 AM

i dont like the rear end on those, but seems okay. dont have any old school VWs in NZ, or maybe there was but they have been sent to the crusher already

E30 above Sold

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 325
That sounds like an interesting deal/plan, fcsteve. I'm interested to see how that works out for you. What's the new project that you want to start?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM
610EUROs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombots View Post
That sounds like an interesting deal/plan, fcsteve. I'm interested to see how that works out for you. What's the new project that you want to start?
i plan to keep the new project under wraps. if or when it gets off the ground i will indulge the public with its details.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 1986 BMW 325
Quote:
i plan to keep the new project under wraps. if or when it gets off the ground i will indulge the public with its details.
Haha, sounds good.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I <3 my E34

Send a message via Skype™ to BmwMan92
Mein Auto: 1985 318i// 1988 325e
Birthday today so i cleaned my car and washed it like 5 times haha. Taking a road trip to the ocean so want it clean for the drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bimmer View Post
I just dont see any other logical way around this problem.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 1987 BMW 325e
Happy birthday. :
Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I <3 my E34

Send a message via Skype™ to BmwMan92
Mein Auto: 1985 318i// 1988 325e
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8bimmer View Post
I just dont see any other logical way around this problem.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
Y so ded e30 sekshun?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
Y so ded e30 sekshun?
because noone has any E30 projects currently lol

E30 above Sold