Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Thumbs up Grabbed The New LG G3 to Replace My HTC One. WOW!

... and in the words of Darth Vader, "Impressive. Most impressive!"

I am a big HTC fan and in some aspects, it is still the best or certainly in the Top 3 of ALL cellular devices available!
Instead of jumping on the new M8 or even holding out for the M8 Prime version (this Fall) I patiently awaited the launch of LG's highly anticipated flagship device with some industry first additions: "laser guided auto-focus and a ricockulous: resolution of 1440 x 2560 with a 538ppi of pixel density! When I fired it up, all I could think of is a smaller version of my LG 60" Plasma! Did I mention 3gig of RAM??? The phone is beyond rapid in any action you throw at it! The screen at 5.5in is large and video & pics are just amazing, but it's bezel is ultra thin so it looks like all screen in the front. And it is also super thin in terms of width! Thinner than any newer top-tier smart phone. And something that is rather unique, all the power and volume buttons are on the rear of the device as opposed to the sides, top or bottom like most. I am still amazed at how svelte and light this phone is considering the crazy amount of power and the crazy nice display size!

Here's the quick stats for it:

The new LG G3 flagship sports 5.5-inch, 1440 x 2560 (QHD) pixel resolution screen, which provides the super-crisp, 538 pixels per inch. Dimensions are pretty compact for the screen size, resulting in excellent 76.4% screen to body size ratio. The Android 4.4 KitKat-based handset is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 801 and 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM. It features 32GB of internal storage and a microSD slot. The main 13-megapixel rear shooter comes with the company's improved Optical Image Stabilization+ and has a laser auto focus assist beam, which delivers fast focus even in low light scenarios. The 2.1-megapixel front-facing cam comes with an "enhanced selfie mode".

Plenty of reviews and comparo links here:

LG G3 specs
LG G3 review: the company's best phone yet
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 - CNET
LG G3 Review: The Perfect Smartphone - Forbes

I also wanted to get my lovely wife a new phone and instead of getting her what I think, I let her go in and actually choose based on what she likes. In this case, she decided on the Galaxy S5 which is a amazing device in it's own right. Her primary wants are call quality, emails, texting (of course) and taking the best photos of our kids and stuff. In this dept, the S5 is the best option. Plus it being water proof is huge!
Here's some pics I snapped for comparison:





__________________
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 07-14-2014, 06:25 AM
M&K's Avatar
M&K M&K is online now
Displaced Charger Fan
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Hope it's a good one!

I got saddled with an HTC last upgrade, and, at this point, that company could burn. What a POS this phone is - I can't wait for my next upgrade!
__________________


Im usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K View Post
Hope it's a good one!

I got saddled with an HTC last upgrade, and, at this point, that company could burn. What a POS this phone is - I can't wait for my next upgrade!
what happened with it and which model? My ONE was amazing save for the camera.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2014, 11:13 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
AMAZON for the Win... Again!

So literally, Best Buy had zero cases available for my LG since it just dropped this weekend. So I hoped on trusty Amazon to look around. Not surprisingly, they had many to choose from including the typical clear-flex style cases I enjoy. But I decided to change it up this go around specifically due to the circular 'case window' on this phone. And low and behold there was one in my favorite color: saddle/caramel/cognac, whatever you want to call it. Ordered Saturday and it literally arrived moments ago. Fits like a glove and looks and feels fantastic!



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2014, 12:23 PM
M&K's Avatar
M&K M&K is online now
Displaced Charger Fan
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
what happened with it and which model? My ONE was amazing save for the camera.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DNA

Problems, well, I'll only bother with a few of the bigger ones:

Touch screen crapped out - I couldn't use some sections, while others were "off", meaning I'd hit a K and get an O. Got a warranty replacement for this.

Camera will randomly stop working. I can sometimes turn it on, other times not. Sometimes will open, other times, won't respond at all.

Phone will randomly decide the SIM card is wrong. It just stops working, gives me an "Invalid SIM card" message, then 10 seconds to 5 minutes later, says it's reading the card, and suddenly works again. Sometimes is says it can't find the card. I never know when I pull it out if it'll work or not. At this moment, it says "No SIM Card".

I could go on, but why? The only person who will be as happy as me when my upgrade comes up (well, besides my family) is the girl at the corporate Verizon store in town. I'm always nice and polite and we laugh about my phone, but she's definitely sick of the tribulations of trying to get support for it. I've told her that if I ever see her out, drinks are on me, but have yet to run into her.

I'm the guy you would want to buy a used phone from, if I didn't keep the good ones so long, so it's not me. My phones are nearly perfect when I finally move on, but I even kept my original Droid for over 3.5 years, until no one wanted it anymore...

I wasn't going to get the DNA, but a good salesperson got me when I was planning to pick up a Samsung. I said a friend of mine had hated his HTC phone and I didn't want one, but she got me to say it was a Thunderbolt, told me those were POS's, and that this one was awesome. I should've just gotten the Samsung. Kit Kat helped a couple problems for a week or two, but then they all came back - the SIM card issues even came back worse. I know 2 other people who have the DNA, both hate it, but only one of us has plunked down the $700 to get a replacement early.
__________________


Im usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,095
Mein Auto: German
Good timing for this thread. I literally just got back from AT&T store and played with the G3 for a few minutes.

I really like how small the bezel is and it seems like an interesting departure from all the Samsung/HTC phones I've owned over the years, but after reading various reviews online, I'm not sold on the G3. The screen (while super high-res) seems to lack the brightness of the panels of the GS5/M8 and the battery life seems significantly worse than the GS5/M8.

keep us posted on battery life, etc

I think I'll wait until the Note 4 and new iPhone come out before making my decision on a new device...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:17 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Good timing for me also. I'm about to leave my SE flip phone behind and move up. I like this little SE, best phone I've had by a long shot. But it's time to let go.

I was getting close to ordering a new, in the box unlocked HTC One X from eBay for $215:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Unlocked...item3391d4fcab

Seems real, seller has a solid rating. But reading of M&K's experience is giving me pause. And then I found this tech support bit that says the One X will not be able to use T Mobile's high speed:

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/50325

Can't do the 4G LTE apparently.

I was thinking to go with the T Mobile package with the Sony Xperion Z1S and its 20.1 mp camera but it has a weak speakerphone and I'm not sure I really need that much camera. Maybe in a year or two. And if I pay cash for an HTC M7, I'm not on the hook to T Mobile.

I found one site that said the M7 was almost as good as the M8 when updates are added:

http://www.slashgear.com/why-*****ht...ware-14325158/

Maybe I'm stuck on the 'unlocked' thing. The T Mobile branded thing was a drag with the SE phones but not sure if it's an issue with the smartphones.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 07-15-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Paul335i's Avatar
Paul335i Paul335i is offline
I'm smarter than you're.
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 888
Mein Auto: 2015 VW GTI Autobahn
My nephew just got a G3 and after playing with it for a few minutes, I now wish I bought it instead of my Samsung GS4.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,085
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K View Post
DNA

Problems, well, I'll only bother with a few of the bigger ones:

Touch screen crapped out - I couldn't use some sections, while others were "off", meaning I'd hit a K and get an O. Got a warranty replacement for this.

Camera will randomly stop working. I can sometimes turn it on, other times not. Sometimes will open, other times, won't respond at all.

Phone will randomly decide the SIM card is wrong. It just stops working, gives me an "Invalid SIM card" message, then 10 seconds to 5 minutes later, says it's reading the card, and suddenly works again. Sometimes is says it can't find the card. I never know when I pull it out if it'll work or not. At this moment, it says "No SIM Card".

I could go on, but why? The only person who will be as happy as me when my upgrade comes up (well, besides my family) is the girl at the corporate Verizon store in town. I'm always nice and polite and we laugh about my phone, but she's definitely sick of the tribulations of trying to get support for it. I've told her that if I ever see her out, drinks are on me, but have yet to run into her.

I'm the guy you would want to buy a used phone from, if I didn't keep the good ones so long, so it's not me. My phones are nearly perfect when I finally move on, but I even kept my original Droid for over 3.5 years, until no one wanted it anymore...

I wasn't going to get the DNA, but a good salesperson got me when I was planning to pick up a Samsung. I said a friend of mine had hated his HTC phone and I didn't want one, but she got me to say it was a Thunderbolt, told me those were POS's, and that this one was awesome. I should've just gotten the Samsung. Kit Kat helped a couple problems for a week or two, but then they all came back - the SIM card issues even came back worse. I know 2 other people who have the DNA, both hate it, but only one of us has plunked down the $700 to get a replacement early.
Most of these problems arise when one buys a carrier phone. An unlocked one is usually much better.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2009 M3
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 AM
M&K's Avatar
M&K M&K is online now
Displaced Charger Fan
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Mein Auto: 330Ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Most of these problems arise when one buys a carrier phone. An unlocked one is usually much better.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Honestly, I've only ever had carrier phones, and never had a problem. I have had a couple from Motorola, without problems, and even had a Palm Treo for 2+ years without issue. Like I said, I'm the guy you'd buy the used phone from if I didn't keep them so long. The HTC is the first real POS phone I've ever had, going all the way back to 1995 when I got my first cell. The fact that I've had to warranty it, and had problems again with the replacement, coupled with other people I know having the same issues, tells me this was just a crap model.
__________________


Im usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. - Martellus Bennett
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
My HTC One was stellar! The one and only shortfall was the camera. Battery life showed durability sounds were excellent!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
^ Were you using that with T Mobile in the recent past? Was it the One X or the One M7? I'm tempted to buy a new One X for $215 and stay with T Mobile. OTOH, might be better to bite the bullet and go with the M8 or the G3.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
^ Were you using that with T Mobile in the recent past? Was it the One X or the One M7? I'm tempted to buy a new One X for $215 and stay with T Mobile. OTOH, might be better to bite the bullet and go with the M8 or the G3.
I with Sprint. No issues whatsoever and customer service is quite generous i might add.
I would suggest the M8 without hesitating! Easily in the Top 3 phones on earth currently. If you're willing to go contact, you can be aggressive when requesting upgrade via account credits to off set grabbing the device from either Amazon out best buy.
That's what i always do. I just received my G3 and S5 for free!!!

How: Best buy sold me devices for $100 each. They offer $50 gift cards per. Sprint issued me $50 credit per line. These devices unlocked would have cost a wallet popping $1,400+!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Hmmm . . . there's a lot to consider. On the one hand, I like T Mobile's no contract setup. OTOH, I pay for the phone. But I'm guessing you pay for it one way or the other anyway.

What I can't figure is should I jump through hoops for an unlocked phone or should I just get the T Mobile branded device.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Honestly I've owned unlocked phones and see little to no advantage. These newer android devices running kitkat allow you to uninstall factory bloatware. If that isn't enough for ya... You can always root it and unleash every bit of juice it has.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:06 PM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,095
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
^ Were you using that with T Mobile in the recent past? Was it the One X or the One M7? I'm tempted to buy a new One X for $215 and stay with T Mobile. OTOH, might be better to bite the bullet and go with the M8 or the G3.
Do not... I repeat DO NOT buy the One X for $215

That was one of the worst HTC phones ever made. They botched Sense and the battery life was dreadful. Not to mention, the RF performance was terrible, compared to the Samsung and iPhones of that era.

The worst part is that HTC has stopped updating that phone. It is not supported anymore.

There are plenty of fantastic budget smart phones out there, such as the Moto X, Moto G, Nexus 5, used HTC One M7, etc. All superior phones to the two year old One X.

My pick for the budget phone would be the Moto X.

-Sent from Galaxy S4
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:07 PM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,095
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Honestly I've owned unlocked phones and see little to no advantage. These newer android devices running kitkat allow you to uninstall factory bloatware. If that isn't enough for ya... You can always root it and unleash every bit of juice it has.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That is incorrect. Just because it has KitKit on it, doesn't mean you can uninstall bloatware. It is up to the carrier to decide what can be changed and how.

(Of course, they can be rooted, but that opens up a myraid of different issues)

-Sent from Galaxy S4
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-16-2014, 03:11 PM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,095
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I with Sprint. No issues whatsoever and customer service is quite generous i might add.
I would suggest the M8 without hesitating! Easily in the Top 3 phones on earth currently. If you're willing to go contact, you can be aggressive when requesting upgrade via account credits to off set grabbing the device from either Amazon out best buy.
That's what i always do. I just received my G3 and S5 for free!!!

How: Best buy sold me devices for $100 each. They offer $50 gift cards per. Sprint issued me $50 credit per line. These devices unlocked would have cost a wallet popping $1,400+!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
TMobile is not as aggressive as Sprint when it comes to discounting devices. You either buy the phone via their EIP service or buy it outright at full price.

Sprint customers can expect to get their devices for dirt-cheap due to Sprint's poor network and the poor future resale value of Sprint smart phones (notoriously the least valuable on the used market)


But on the topic of smart phones, the M8/GS5 are easily the top devices out right now. I give a slight nod to Samsung for better camera, waterproofing, etc, but you can't go wrong with either. Just have to remember that the M8's camera is utter crap.

-Sent from Galaxy S4
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-17-2014, 02:32 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Do not... I repeat DO NOT buy the One X for $215

That was one of the worst HTC phones ever made. They botched Sense and the battery life was dreadful. Not to mention, the RF performance was terrible, compared to the Samsung and iPhones of that era.

The worst part is that HTC has stopped updating that phone. It is not supported anymore.

There are plenty of fantastic budget smart phones out there, such as the Moto X, Moto G, Nexus 5, used HTC One M7, etc. All superior phones to the two year old One X.

My pick for the budget phone would be the Moto X.
Excellent advice. I stopped by the T Mobile store after work and decided I was worn out trying to jump through hoops to save a few bucks. I took the leap and got the M8 with the $80 dollar plan. Unlimited everything on the phone, 5 high speed gigs for tethering. One can buy two more tether gigs for $10 and three more after that for another $10. And you can do it as needed - one time deal only if you wish.

Put $200 down on the phone to reduce financing charge fees. Cost of the phone after that is $18 a month, 2 years. Maybe I'm being a wuss but I got the $10 a month insurance. Being Joe Construction I got the Otter Box case. Seems a bit industrial. We'll see.

Dang man, this is a nice phone. And I haven't even activated the Sim card yet. I'm going to read the owner's manual and surf on that learning curve for a few days. I can use it for Wi-Fi in the meantime and even install some apps, or so the salesman said.

In short: Woo-Hoo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Just have to remember that the M8's camera is utter crap.
Wait, huh? I thought they'd improved it quite a bit from the M7. I'll give you my opinion soon. These guys speak highly of it.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/55915...m#.U8eeU5VOXmQ
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 07-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-17-2014, 10:15 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
The M8 DID improve the camera over the M7 and I've read positive things about it. Good choice cmac, enjoy!

I might add that regardless of what you may read here, I am beyond satisfied with my service with Sprint and there is no evidence of 'special pricing' by them due to poor service. If you go into a 3rd party retailer trying to explain this in making your new phone purchase, you'll be LOL'd out of store! And the comment on used phones on the second hand market, I also have no statistical data to back that either. Sounds like more opinion to me. I could care less either way because I buy new anyway.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Holy $hi-ite Batman!

Just getting in gear and this is a powerful device. Still heavy into learning curve issues but oh well. Keeps one from getting senile.



My 3G tethering on my SE TM506 was just a shade under 1mb, download - upload was way slow.

It's off to the races.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon

Last edited by cmac2012; 07-19-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-21-2014, 02:26 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Holy $hi-ite Batman!

Just getting in gear and this is a powerful device. Still heavy into learning curve issues but oh well. Keeps one from getting senile.



My 3G tethering on my SE TM506 was just a shade under 1mb, download - upload was way slow.

It's off to the races.
Sweet!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Oh man, I hate to tell you, 3 people - 2 of whom are talented IT professionals, are telling me I'd probably like the iPhone better. Both of the techies say that Android has more potential for major power but that such is usually only able to be accessed by people who are way into the tech. One guy said that you can 'hot-rod' Android more than Apple, and he's an Apple guy.

The other has had both, now uses an Android which helps him to stay in touch with his office work wherever he goes. I've seen this guy in action on a laptop and he's seriously good.

I have maybe 8 days left on my return policy. Not sure what to do. I'm sure I'll work through my issues on this eventually but I'm wondering if I'd be happier with a slightly smaller phone, which the iPhone is.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,165
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
It's all gravy. Go with what you want.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-21-2014, 04:53 PM
cmac2012's Avatar
cmac2012 cmac2012 is offline
Renaissance Dude
Location: Berkeley, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,677
Mein Auto: 1987 325i, 403K
Yup, I can only imagine you're right. Both are high quality and will give good service.
__________________
cmac

Dreamers, misfits, malcontents, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves perfectly suited for the world as it ought to be. anon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms