Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW ix 1989,90,91
89 325ix l & r turn signals loud buzz sound

Hello everyone. I had a blower motor problem, which turned out to be the heater switch and the resistor pack. I had taken out the consol, front heater/ac panenl, drivers side under dash cover, and the radio. I first diagnosed the switch being bad (it was), replaced it and put everything back together without trying it. the radio and turn signals worked. tried the blower, ng. i took everything apart again, now the problem was the resistor pack. i put everything back together and i have these problrms.

left and righ turn signals, both make a loud buzzing sound when turned on. no turn indicators light on the dashboard.

4 way flasher switch lights up when depressed, but no exterior lights turn on.

the radio wont turn, front panel stays black. (bmw radio).

i don't hear the power antenna motor when i turn on the radio.

the radio has the correct voltages on the power cables. i checked all the fuses with an ohm meter, they are all ok. the fuse in the radio is ok too.

the car drives great, except for the above.

i am not sure where to start on the buzzing problem. any help would be greatly appreciated by me.

thank you
c
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: BMW ix 1989,90,91
fixed everything !

i had the heater/ac panel on and off at least 15 times. On the final install
i (not on purpose) swapped the rear defroster sw and the emergencty flasher sw. that was the problem.

put them in the correct slots and the turn signals/flasher worked correctly again.

i found 1 power cable that had dropped below everything, and was hidden from sight.
my fingers found it, pluggrd it in and the radio worked.

stress and panic usually fixes all.

thank you
c
Old 08-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 325is
Glad we could help