Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 08-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Surprising comparo from Automobile magazine

Quote:
Final Standings
"Comparing the Incomparable"

1. Acura TSX
2. BMW 325i
3. Infiniti G35
4. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
5. Mazda 6s
6. Subaru Impreza WRX
7. Lexus IS300
8. Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
9. Saab 9-3 Linear
10. Mercedes-Benz C230K Sport
11. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G
12. Nissan Maxima SE

"You don't have to look much further than the traditional Honda virtues to figure out why. This is the lightest car in our group. The four cylinder engine reflects the Honda spirit of doing more with less, and it works far better than Honda's V-6 efforts. The six-speed manual transmission shifts very cleanly. Finally, Honda has paid careful attention to the human factors of the driving position.

On the road, there's never any doubt that this is a front-wheel-drive car with 59.8 percent of its weight on the front tires. Those front tires will tug a bit as the limited-slip differential engages across a bump, and the rear suspension kicks as the car flies across a crest. Yet once you flick off the vehicle stability control, the TSX displays the perfectly controllable lift-throttle oversteer that makes driving at the limit so entertaining. And it all works with outstanding poise on the road.

Sherman sums up: "The Acura TSX shows evidence of lots of polishing on the test track and on the open road. The Honda engineers spent some time thinking about the way this car works."

Add up value, a sensible passenger package, and rewarding dynamics, and you've got a great car in any price category."

I would have ranked the TSX third at best, after 325i and G35, or G35 and 325i. I test drove a G35 M6 last week and came out impressed by about everything but exterior styling.
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor
I would have ranked the TSX third at best, after 325i and G35, or G35 and 325i. I test drove a G35 M6 last week and came out impressed by about everything but exterior styling.
this must have been one of those reviews where cost plays a role in the final winner. the g35 essentially spanks a TSX...but that comes at a cost.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:04 PM
take'r easy

Mein Auto: '03 330i - ED 05.12.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguydotcom
this must have been one of those reviews where cost plays a role in the final winner. the g35 essentially spanks a TSX...but that comes at a cost.
It really says a lot when a BMW comes out on top, or close to the top ... even when they take cost into consideration it is hard to resist the excellent handling, safety and performance of a BMW. I did a lot of research before buying my 330i and that included reading several comparison articles and this fact was consistent with all of the articles.