Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-28-2001, 04:06 AM
Polemicist

Mein Auto: BMW
Euro car styling is in serious trouble!!

From autoexpress...so apparently all future euro cars are gonna look like ford focuses

Expect change in how you sit in your car. In future, drivers will be seated higher so they can see over the new-shaped bonnets that are on their way.
That's the view of car design experts who say reworked front ends will be needed to meet forthcoming European pedestrian protection rules. Work on designing 'high-nose and high-roof' cars has started, and British development agency MIRA is leading the way.

Four major manufacturers have commissioned the Warwickshire-based consultancy to shape more people-friendly cars and prepare motorists for styling changes.
Ads by Google
Old 12-28-2001, 07:00 AM
2001 M3:Stick, what else?

Mein Auto: ///MMMmmm good
You would think it would be easier to just get all the pedestrians off the roads and into cars. It's worked for North America!
Old 12-28-2001, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: A 333 Horse Chariot
Sounds like I'll be keeping my 2002 for a good 15 years!
Old 12-28-2001, 07:36 AM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
damn Governments always fawking things up
Old 12-28-2001, 07:48 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
I saw on the TV that some car manufacturers are testing a kind of hood airbags to minimize pedestrian injuries in case of an accident. They showed one prototype (a Volvo) and it looked really weird.