Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci
Zaino is AwEsOMe!

I finally took some time off this weekend to Zaino my new car for the first time. And WOW... It is an AwEsOMe product! [thumb]

Hats off to how incredible the shine is on my car even after only one coat of Zaino. I spent roughly 2 hours to wash and wax the car. I had somewhere to go because it was Labor Day weekend so couldn't really devote that much time. Prepped it right just for the long weekend though.

I noticed the difference right away from a regular wash versus a regular wash with Zaino. The car appears slick and has a deep wet look to it. I drive an OB bimmer so it looked incredibly shiney on my dark car. I was scoping my car from different angles and at each angle, the car exhibited a clear glassy reflection.

I couldn't believe how easy and effortless it is to Zaino my car. After mixing 4 drops of the ZFX1 with the clearcoat Z2, I was ready to roll. The application was easy because a dimesize can go along way covering alot of the area on the car. Then waited for 30 minutes and started polishing off the wax. I was so surprised that this was alot easier than I thought simply because I did not have to apply that much pressure to get the wax off. Just a light buff and the shine appears right away! I had used turtle waxes before and this stuff is WAY WAY better than turtle wax. It doesn't leave a white powder residual on the car.

Amazingly, I still had enough Zaino to go another coat. But time ran out so did not want to waste the rest and used it to polish my RIMS.

I vowed to myself that I would do this once a month. It's simply priceless to have a nice clean shiney ride!
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2003, 10:37 AM
SPF 100 Protection

Mein Auto: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW4EveR330ci
I finally took some time off this weekend to Zaino my new car for the first time. And WOW... It is an AwEsOMe product! [thumb]

Hats off to how incredible the shine is on my car even after only one coat of Zaino. I spent roughly 2 hours to wash and wax the car. I had somewhere to go because it was Labor Day weekend so couldn't really devote that much time. Prepped it right just for the long weekend though.

I noticed the difference right away from a regular wash versus a regular wash with Zaino. The car appears slick and has a deep wet look to it. I drive an OB bimmer so it looked incredibly shiney on my dark car. I was scoping my car from different angles and at each angle, the car exhibited a clear glassy reflection.

I couldn't believe how easy and effortless it is to Zaino my car. After mixing 4 drops of the ZFX1 with the clearcoat Z2, I was ready to roll. The application was easy because a dimesize can go along way covering alot of the area on the car. Then waited for 30 minutes and started polishing off the wax. I was so surprised that this was alot easier than I thought simply because I did not have to apply that much pressure to get the wax off. Just a light buff and the shine appears right away! I had used turtle waxes before and this stuff is WAY WAY better than turtle wax. It doesn't leave a white powder residual on the car.

Amazingly, I still had enough Zaino to go another coat. But time ran out so did not want to waste the rest and used it to polish my RIMS.

I vowed to myself that I would do this once a month. It's simply priceless to have a nice clean shiney ride!
add more layers to really enhance the finish. It's awesome stuff
Old 09-03-2003, 06:19 PM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
And for even more gloss, wipe down with Z-6 after each coat, and before the first coat of the day. It really adds depth to the shine.

ANd with a dark colored car, a couple of coats of Z-5 can help at before several coats of Z-2.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
take'r easy

Mein Auto: '03 330i - ED 05.12.03
Looks like you'll be a member of the OCD club in no time!
Old 09-04-2003, 10:34 AM
SPF 100 Protection

Mein Auto: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone
And for even more gloss, wipe down with Z-6 after each coat, and before the first coat of the day. It really adds depth to the shine.

ANd with a dark colored car, a couple of coats of Z-5 can help at before several coats of Z-2.
definately use Z6 between coats. It works great.