Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Feras645 Feras645 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kuwait
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 145
Mein Auto: 2005, 645ci BMW
Looking to buy 2007 X5 4.8, want recommendation please

Hi all, I'm looking to buy 2007 X5 V8 4.8, any problems with this model , and what should I look for in and X5, like what is a must have utility/option and to avoid.

your help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,576
Mein Auto: '06 X3
While you are looking, check out the Porsche Cayenne S they are about the same price with a little more standard content in the Porsche. If you haven't driven a Cayenne recently you really should if you are considering an X5.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Penguin Penguin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,918
Mein Auto: Z4 and X5 Diesel
Cayenne is a really nice vehicle, but my friend who has one says the maintenance and service costs are ridiculous, even by BMW standards.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,576
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Since he is looking at a used X5, depending on the mileage there may not be much "free" maintentance left. I have found wide differences in Porsche maintentance prices, and when you get a good Porsche indy shop you really have a good one. That said, neither one is cheap to maintain.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
mysecondx5 mysecondx5 is offline
Registered User
Location: florida
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2007 x5 4.8 sport
looking for an x5

Hi I just bought a CPO 2007 X5 4.8. The sport package and premium audio are amazing especially the audio. If you had kids the rear dvd is awesome. I got the heads up display and cooling seats as well which are great. The only item that I think you can do without is the cd changer in the dash. You have a single slot and get the Ipod connection. The car already has as IPOD connection standard but get the full connection and you can control it via the i drive. There are great low mileage CPO x5s out there. I had an 04 X5 4.4. sport before this which was great but the ride was a little rough. Also since you are looking at 4.8, get the sport an try to find the 20inch wheels as well.. really sticks to the road
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Feras645 Feras645 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kuwait
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 145
Mein Auto: 2005, 645ci BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
While you are looking, check out the Porsche Cayenne S they are about the same price with a little more standard content in the Porsche. If you haven't driven a Cayenne recently you really should if you are considering an X5.
Not a bad idea, I'll check them out, and ask about the maintenance part too, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Feras645 Feras645 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kuwait
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 145
Mein Auto: 2005, 645ci BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysecondx5 View Post
Hi I just bought a CPO 2007 X5 4.8. The sport package and premium audio are amazing especially the audio. If you had kids the rear dvd is awesome. I got the heads up display and cooling seats as well which are great. The only item that I think you can do without is the cd changer in the dash. You have a single slot and get the Ipod connection. The car already has as IPOD connection standard but get the full connection and you can control it via the i drive. There are great low mileage CPO x5s out there. I had an 04 X5 4.4. sport before this which was great but the ride was a little rough. Also since you are looking at 4.8, get the sport an try to find the 20inch wheels as well.. really sticks to the road
Sound like you git a great one my friend, thanks a lot, that really helps, I'll make sure I note all these details when I go shopping for one.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
rehostman rehostman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 647
Mein Auto: 2007 X5 4.8i, 2009 E90 M3
Are you aware that the 4.8i is very thirsty?
__________________

Patrice
2009 E90 M3 Melbourne Red on Black Leather
2007 X5 4.8i Monaco Blue on Saddle Brown
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Feras645 Feras645 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Kuwait
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 145
Mein Auto: 2005, 645ci BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehostman View Post
Are you aware that the 4.8i is very thirsty?
Yes, that I know Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms