Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 09-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
1997 e39 528i water pump replacement guide anyone?

Well, replaced the Thermostat today and housing, the engine on my father's car is still getting to hot, and i can hear water boiling in the resevoir. Anyone know a write-up with pics to change the water pump? Im assuming it's right around the thermostat area.

Yes, im gonna get the water pump with the metal impeller.
Ads by Google
Old 02-21-2004, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: shopping cart
Anybody have any info on the water pump install? I posted in the diy section of the 5 series board but didn't get many replies.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:20 AM

Mein Auto: 97 523i
Check out www.bmwtips.com
Theres a great section there with detailed photos. One section on replacing teh thermostat and it shows the location of the pump, I think. As far as I know, its right beside it to the right, just a little lower held with 4 bolts.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: shopping cart
If you guys go to understeer.com >tech icon on the left > water pump replacement diy
Old 02-24-2004, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E39_boy
If you guys go to understeer.com >tech icon on the left > water pump replacement diy

Oops, this is an old post of mine. I have since replaced the entire cooling system on the car. It was quite easy after some research =).