Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-16-2009, 10:51 PM
pastb pastb is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: BMW 550i
Cool 2007 BMW 550i - rattle vibration floorboard

2007 550i 66,500 miles. When driving at any speed over any average road that has bumps or imperfections, there is a troubling distinct vibration and rattle under the passenger's feet - the floor board. All 4 wheels balanced and aligned. Wheels checked and true. plastic undercover taken off by Firestone and they had no idea whatsoever. The rattle/vibration can be felt slightly on drivers side - but it is far les in intensity as it is simply travelling from passenger side. Anyone have any experience with passenger floorboard rattle/vibration? I only want a service guy who has sen and diagnosed this before. I don't want to py for someone to make educated guesses on my dime.
Brian
bpastor at AtlantaLawyer dot com
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
pylt pylt is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas & Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: 330i/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastb View Post
2007 550i 66,500 miles. When driving at any speed over any average road that has bumps or imperfections, there is a troubling distinct vibration and rattle under the passenger's feet - the floor board. All 4 wheels balanced and aligned. Wheels checked and true. plastic undercover taken off by Firestone and they had no idea whatsoever. The rattle/vibration can be felt slightly on drivers side - but it is far les in intensity as it is simply travelling from passenger side. Anyone have any experience with passenger floorboard rattle/vibration? I only want a service guy who has sen and diagnosed this before. I don't want to py for someone to make educated guesses on my dime.
Brian
bpastor at AtlantaLawyer dot com
Try the Seven Series board; better venue for this problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM
britm3 britm3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: E39 BMW M5
Had a similar issue on an E39 M5, different platform BUT all the local tire shops indicated my tires were fine, and my rims were fine - until I went to a specialist who found one tire significantly out of balance (returned to tire rack) , one rim with a high spot, and another rim slightly out of balance - took them 1hour of focus with a Hunter machine - and fixed 90% of my issue the remaining 10% was control arm bushings (this was at 70,000 miles on my car).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
floorboard, rattle, shake, shaking, vibration


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms