Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 PM
hopeless

Mein Auto: 1984 bmw 325e
Question help please!

ok so i have a 1984b mw 325e. so i first got it it only drove a little bit then smogged down it wasny getting enough fuel but in first drove fine, so i replaced the fuel pump which was bad ran a little bit better like it didnt want to die as bad and lasted a little longer so then i looed around and there was rust in the tank, which was clogging the filter so i replaced that with a new tank and cleaned the fuel filter. wheni went to try to start it the first like 10 times it didnt start so then i finallyl got it to and it reved up then when right back down. i know its getting fuel all the way to the filter in the tank and i know the filter is good what ellse could it be? it never will even stay at idle, when before it could stay in nuetral and you could rev it up and still wouldnt die and stayed at idle. please please please help me im bout to get rid of this dream car that i always wanted
Ads by Google
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Metric Mechanic

Mein Auto: Polly(My '87 track ****)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygraham View Post
ok so i have a 1984b mw 325e. so i first got it it only drove a little bit then smogged down it wasny getting enough fuel but in first drove fine, so i replaced the fuel pump which was bad ran a little bit better like it didnt want to die as bad and lasted a little longer so then i looed around and there was rust in the tank, which was clogging the filter so i replaced that with a new tank and cleaned the fuel filter. wheni went to try to start it the first like 10 times it didnt start so then i finallyl got it to and it reved up then when right back down. i know its getting fuel all the way to the filter in the tank and i know the filter is good what ellse could it be? it never will even stay at idle, when before it could stay in nuetral and you could rev it up and still wouldnt die and stayed at idle. please please please help me im bout to get rid of this dream car that i always wanted
Sounds like a big vacuum leak. I forgot to connect a hose when I cleaned my mass air, valve cover, ICV and lines. It was doing the same thing yours' was doing. After I got it back on it ran great. (Mine needed a new ICV) So if I were you I would remove and check all lines for holes then replace.

Also it might be the little black box on the side of the air cleaner.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Instagram, follow me. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my company ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP330 View Post
they looks the same as other coilovers on ebay.....megan,cxracing,bc....one factory,many labels..
Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 325 es
this is the 3rd post with the same question dude
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by claver View Post
this is the 3rd post with the same question dude
see told you. only one of the other had money involved
Old 09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Metric Mechanic

Mein Auto: Polly(My '87 track ****)
Also, if it is your dream then you will fix it. If not you just want to have someone tell you so you don't have to put time into. Here is my advice: Get a Bentley manual or read forums. Or have enough money to have someone do it for you.

'please please please help me im bout to get rid of this dream car that i always wanted' <--that sounds stupid, you don't want it bad enough.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Instagram, follow me. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my company ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP330 View Post
they looks the same as other coilovers on ebay.....megan,cxracing,bc....one factory,many labels..
Old 09-25-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downhiller View Post
see told you. only one of the other had money involved
im starting to wonder if hes good for it
Old 09-25-2009, 08:02 PM
livin large

Mein Auto: 2012 hypermotard 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by claver View Post
im starting to wonder if hes good for it
probably not. cause i charge $10 per thought, $150 per hour of typing, and $50 per fart. i think his total is somewhere in the low million. i knew taco bell was a good idea

Last edited by downhiller; 09-25-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downhiller View Post
probably not. cause i charge $10 per thought, $150 per hour of typing, and $50 per fart. i think his total is somewhere in the low million. i knew taco bell was a good idea
so your thoughts are cheaper than ur farts??/
makes me believe ur not smart .... lol